White March Part 2 Italian Interview

Anything new in there?

Not really. It's mostly just a list of known features from patch 3.0 and TWM pt. II.

The only new bit of information is about the new stronghold-related quest, where he says, "The new quest focuses on your status as Lord/Lady of Caed Nua. Even though the castle is located in a remote area in-between Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath, the Aedyrans have historical interests there and would see you removed from your role, and what looks like a simple argument rapidly escalates into a large-scale conflict." (very poor on-the-fly translation, but you get the picture.)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Anything new in there?

Not really. It's mostly just a list of known features from patch 3.0 and TWM pt. II.

The only new bit of information is about the new stronghold-related quest, where he says, "The new quest focuses on your status as Lord/Lady of Caed Nua. Even though the castle is located in a remote area in-between Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath, the Aedyrans have historical interests there and would see you removed from your role, and what looks like a simple argument rapidly escalates into a large-scale conflict." (very poor on-the-fly translation, but you get the picture.)

Oh. So no option to side with the Aedyrans? Poor Aloth, we turn him against his country? And ours, depending on the Watcher's background.

EDIT: Spoilers removed.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

So tell me - why does my hungarian friend speak italian so fluently? All I could unterstand was "Pillars of Eternity", "The White March" and "feedback". You know - all those old italian words... ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The most interesting part is about the stronghold

"The new stronghold main quest is focused on you as Caed Nua lord. Even if the castle is located in a lonely area between Dyrford and Eir Glanfat, the Aedyre have some hystorical interest in removing you from the throne and in a few seconds, what seems a little conflict will translate into a big war. 

The final part of the quest is well made and i hope all players will appreciate that."

Other than that, all stuff we already know.

PS: He also said we can "hang castle vistiors" regarding Dilemmas stuff they introduced. Sounds funny

PS2: Josh said he want to realize a Darklands style game, and always speaks about it with Feargus

Edit: I'm dumb, AndreaColombo already did the job, noticed now ^^

Edited by Mazisky

PS: He also said we can "hang castle vistiors" regarding Dilemmas stuff they introduced. Sounds funny

About time I can truly enforce my will upon those who would oppose me!  My tree will be more full than Raedric's tree could ever be.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

So tell me - why does my hungarian friend speak italian so fluently?

You'd be surprised how many Hungarians can speak Italian—but that's beside the point that I'm Italian myself ;)

Thx, AndreaColombo for translation. I was in Budapest this weekend for a city-trip and it was pleasure to be in your wonderful city. Just sayin'.

Thank you, though Budapest isn't really "mine" so much as "the place where I live." I wasn't born here :)

• Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You'd be surprised how many Hungarians can speak Italian—but that's beside the point that I'm Italian myself ;)

You know sometimes I feel really angry inside that you post such things 1 sec after took a sip of coffee. ;)

Expat? Diplomat? Italian restaurant owner? I'm really curious (besides being angry that I have to clean my screen again).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Expat? Diplomat? Italian restaurant owner?

Womanizer  8)

I moved here because my wife is Hungarian :)

• Like 1

The most interesting part of the interview was the last question and it had nothing to do with The White March or Pillars of Eternity.

EDIT: I should note that the interview identifies the new Barbarian companion as a male (though that's probably just because Italian defaults to the male gender in situations of ambiguities, so I wouldn't read too much into it) and that it can be recruited near the beginning of The White March Pt. I, provided Pt. II is installed. This means that all the three new companions can be recruited rather early into the expansion, according to Sawyer.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver