Bloody dictatorship in Turkey

obyknven

Meanwhile in Turkey - Turkish army shoot peaceful  civilains.

Video (warning, disturbing images)

So non-democratic actions! I'm sure in near future NATO establish no-fly zone over Turkey, send ground troops and overthrow this totalitarian dictator....

Oh shi! Turkey is NATO member, in other words Western democraties  crap one's pants again. 

Just interesting how Bruce and other western neocons "democracy"-worshipers  explain why in same situation Serbian/Syrian/Lybian/Ukrainian government must be violently overthrow, but Turkish government must be untouchable.

Dictator.jpg

Edited by Gorth
Replaced direct linking with url. Users own settings determines if appropriate or not

If the Turkish government decides to use the full might of its military to kill thousands of Turkish citizens who want political change then I will absolutely support the UNSC voting on direct intervention to prevent this  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If the Turkish government decides to use the full might of its military to kill thousands of Turkish citizens who want political change then I will absolutely support the UNSC voting on direct intervention to prevent this  

Why thousands? In case of Ukraine EU/US start crying about regime change after 100 corpses on Maidan. 

Why thousands? In case of Ukraine EU/US start crying about regime change after 100 corpses on Maidan. 

Are you sure about that? 100 .....can you produce any links to support this view ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Barti please stop asking me to provide evidence to support my view ...you sound like KP, its annoying wink.png

:biggrin:

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Barti please stop asking me to provide evidence to support my view ...you sound like KP, its annoying wink.png

:biggrin:

Its Oby, I have to ask for proof  :yes:

John Milton 

Its Bruce, I have to ask for proof yes.gif

(edit): Bah, why do you have a double-space in between the emoticon and proof? Now I have to edit it, and, well, that just ruins everything, really. no.gif

(edit): And my double-space doesn't even show up. Confound it all!

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

(edit): Bah, why do you have a double-space in between the emoticon and proof? Now I have to edit it, and, well, that just ruins everything, really. no.gif

Yes I can produce links for any debate I have...no issue there 

John Milton 

Oby linked to a russian youtube something, that\s not how you cite a news story. 

Yes I agree, how hard can it be to just find a link?

I just want to read it  :geek:

John Milton 

Are you sure about that? 100 .....can you produce any links to support this view ?

Ok, i feed you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reactions_to_the_Euromaidan#States

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/01/world/europe/ukraine-protests/

On 2 December White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said that the White House did not consider those demonstrations in Ukraine to be coup attempts,[37] and stated "the violence by government authorities against peaceful demonstrators in Kiev on Saturday [30 November] morning was unacceptable".[54] On 3 December he added "Violence and intimidation should have no place in today's Ukraine. We continue to support the aspirations of the Ukrainian people to achieve a prosperous European democracy. European integration is the surest course to economic growth and to strengthening Ukraine's democracy".[8]

United States Secretary of State John Kerry issued a statement on the morning of 11 December during the clashes between police and protesters, saying "For weeks, we have called on President Yanukovych and his government to listen to the voices of his people who want peace, justice and a European future,” Kerry said. "Instead, Ukraine's leaders appear tonight to have made a very different choice. We call for utmost restraint. Human life must be protected. Ukrainian authorities bear full responsibility for the security of the Ukrainian people. As church bells ring tonight amidst the smoke in the streets of Kyiv, the United States stands with the people of Ukraine. They deserve better."[55]

etc 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-victoria-nuland-wades-into-ukraine-turmoil-over-yanukovich/

http://time.com/12476/ukraine-kiev-john-kerry/

Biden visiting Turkey now - feel difference

http://ekurd.net/biden-kurdish-pkk-terror-group-2016-01-23

“We do agree with you that in terms of their actions Daesh (IS), Kurdish freedom fighters and (Al-Qaeda’s Syria affiliate) Al-Nusra… are simply terrorist groups,” said Biden.

He praised Turkey for taking “very important steps to improve the security of its border” from IS militants who until recently controlled much of the frontier region in Syria.

Biden said Turkey and the United States were coordinating ever more precisely on what is a “shared mission on the extermination of IS”.

“We do believe our plans together have gotten more contoured and more coordinated,” he said.

“We are increasingly making progress and that progress will be sped up as a result of our meeting today.”

also

The PKK took up arms in 1984 against the Turkish state, which still denies the constitutional existence of Kurds, to push for greater autonomy for the Kurdish minority who make up around 22.5 million of the country’s 78-million population, in Turkish Kurdistan. The conflict has left tens of thousands dead.

tens of thousands dead - where your democratic intervention for preventing civilians massacre?

Oby linked to a russian youtube something, that\s not how you cite a news story. 

Considering the outrageous cases of political censorship and cover ups by police in regards to some incidents, I'm not so sure that I can trust media on anything related to social and political area and Russians comparing to those seem like angels.

Thankfully it seems that economic data feeds are fairly reliable (given you can take away from raw data feeds and you only use things like ratings as first assessment work done by someone else).

It gets more difficult to navigate various political related sources and general public news with the recent actions in Germany and Sweden coming to day light I guess its time to ditch these and just focus on the ones that make you money.

The day Turkey gets kicked the **** out of NATO can't come soon enough, really.

TBH I think the recent actions of Erdogan against PKK are purely for the purpose of stealing votes from anti-Kurdish nationalists.

• Like 3

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

turkey-isis.jpg
http://www.mod.mil.gr/mod/en/content/show/36/A93872

Defence Minister Panos Kammenos' statements after his meeting with the Minister of Defence of Israel Moshe Ya'alon at the MOD

The truth is that the majority of oil smuggled by Daesh, by the terrorists, is smuggled through Turkey, thus financing terrorism. It would be desired if Turkey decided to change its stance, stopped cooperating with terrorism and stopped making actions that create problems in the region, if it used the EU’s funding and managed to stop the refugee flow to the coastline of Asia Minor, for its own benefit, naturally with the exchanges it would receive by the international community, in order to transform the Mediterranean to a sea of peace, cooperation and stability.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-israel-turkey-idUSKCN0V421N 

Islamic State 'enjoyed Turkish money for oil': Israeli minister

Israel's defense minister said on Tuesday that Islamic State militants had been funded with 'Turkish money', an assertion that could hinder attempts to mend fences between the two countries after years of estrangement.

"It's up to Turkey, the Turkish government, the Turkish leadership, to decide whether they want to be part of any kind of cooperation to fight terrorism. This is not the case so far," Moshe Yaalon told reporters in Athens.

"As you know, Daesh (Islamic State) enjoyed Turkish money for oil for a very, very long period of time. I hope that it will be ended,"

Yaalon also said that Turkey had "permitted jihadists to move from Europe to Syria and Iraq and back, as part of Daesh's terrorist network, and I hope this will stop too,"

Bruce, why Western "democratic" governments so tolerant to ISIS backers? Financing and supporting of ISIS is too much even for unscrupulous Zionists. Bruce, where your "Western values", "democracy" and other bulls**t now?

Edited by obyknven

Bruce, why Western "democratic" governments so tolerant to ISIS backers? Financing and supporting of ISIS is too much even for unscrupulous Zionists. Bruce, where your "Western values", "democracy" and other bulls**t now?

Oby its exactly because these countries aren't following Western values that we are in this mess to begin with. So the ME is facing the likes of ISIS because of the lack of Democratic institutions and disregard of basic human rights and the myopic view that certain governments aren't inclusive of all there citizens 

Don't blame the West for that  :yes:

John Milton 

Oby its exactly because these countries aren't following Western values that we are in this mess to begin with. So the ME is facing the likes of ISIS because of the lack of Democratic institutions and disregard of basic human rights and the myopic view that certain governments aren't inclusive of all there citizens 

Don't blame the West for that  :yes:

Western blah-blah without real actions as usual. Western words means nothing to us - we judge West by actions - and West fully support IRL such terrible tyrannies as Saudi Arabia and  Turkey - no matter what blah-blah they produce in same times. It's real reason why Russians send West with their "democracy" GTFO after 2000 year.

Other news about "democracy" in Turkey. 

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-academic-faces-jail-for-terror-propaganda-over-exam-question-on-pkk-leader.aspx?PageID=238&NID=94648&NewsCatID=339

Turkish academic faces jail for ‘terror propaganda’ over exam question on PKK leader

An academic at Ankara University’s Faculty of Political Science faces seven years in jail for “terror propaganda” over an exam question asking students to compare two writings by Abdullah Öcalan the jailed leader of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). 

In the final exam of his course titled “Political life and institutions in Turkey,” Assistant Professor Doctor Reşat Barış Ünlü asked students to compare a 1978 leaflet by Öcalan with a more recent piece from 2012 in terms of its implications for Turkey’s Kurdish question.

“Compare Abdullah Öcalan’s 1978 leaflet ‘The Manifesto of the Path of the Kurdistan Revolution’ with his 2012 piece entitled ‘Democratic Modernity as the Construction of Local System in the Middle East’ with regard to their stances on concepts and phenomena such as colonialism, the nation-state, revolutionary violence and democracy,” Ünlü asked in the question.

He asked his students to consider this comparison in terms of global and local changes since 1978, as well as transformations undergone by the Kurdish movement and in Kurdish society.

So much freedom.

Edited by obyknven

Yes I can produce links for any debate I have...no issue there 

I will have to debate gorgeous women with you sometime then.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What is it with all the articles saying that the rebels in Aleppo city are surrounded? The one above isn't even internally consistent since while it says at the top their last supply route is cut it later says (correctly) they have another supply line through Idlib to Turkey. Al Jazeera said they were surrounded as well- and they really ought to know better- citing a military source also.

Edited by Zoraptor

After fall of their terroristic spawns Turkey prepare full-scale invasion in Syria.

http://in.sputniknews.com/world/20160204/1017260302/turkey-syria-military-invasion.html

Can predict consequences of such actions. Syria much weaker (militaristic Turkey have second by power military forces in NATO ), Iranian and Russian forces here too small (Syrian army ~ 100 000, Syrian militia ~ 70 000, Hezbollah ~ 7000, Russians ~ 2000, Iranians ~ few thousands vs Turks ~ 700 000 ). In such situation solution can be only single - using of weapons of mass destruction. Most expected - Syrians using chemical weapons against Turks, or Russians (or Iranians) can nuke Turkish invading forces on Syrian territory, but this is most  hopeful scenario, in worst case all Turkish military forces can be nuked. US don't interfere in this for avoiding suicide (it's small dirty secret - some weapon of non-limited force existed - because of this US and Russia never do direct attacks against each other for preventing certain death, but all other "Allies" don't have such protection and in case of war can be easily sacrificed) 

Dark you think this article is credible? Check below 

"Russians understand war. Americans understand managing conflicts to get unsatisfactory results,” one official familiar with the U.S. military campaign told The Daily Beast.  The approach of both nations “tells the region who the players are. America is feckless and Russia and Iran are reliable allies.”

John Milton