Can't start The white march expansion...

Hi all....i ve a BIG problem....

My party is inside the final pit, and i ve NO saves outside it!

I just purchased the expansion....How can i come back to my stronghold and start the expansion?

Don't tell me, please, I need to start the game again....I m not an "hard gamer"....don't have much time

for gaming....please help me!

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is exactly like you wrote: in order to reach Caed Nua and start your adventure in the White March, you would need to restart the game. unfortunately, once you plummet into the pit that is Sun and Shadow, there is no way back (the game actually warns you about this as soon as you are presented with the option of entering the last dungeon).

Edited by Barbedbeat

Sorry but as Barbedbeat says, unless you have a save before you enter the pit there isn't much that can be done.  However, the game normally makes a save at that point too for you to go back to, it is an auto-save but not one of the normal auto-saves I believe, unless you specifically deleted it then it should still be there.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

OMG!!!!

my last hope is the famous autosave before entering the pit

i watched inside the savegame directory, n saw 5 files....one older....

but in the game i can see and load only 4 saves....

Is possibile restore the save, if it was corrupted?How?

Anyway, Obsidian boys, PLS.....put an "emergency door" from the pit, in the next patch!!!!

You could use a console command to move to a different area outside of the pit, but the Stronghold UI would still be disabled.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think it would make sense to let players portal back to Caed Nua once Thaos is defeated but before the Hollowborn situation is resolved.  That way, no NPC dialogue would need to be rewritten, and people with lost/deleted/corrupted "final saves" would still be able to enjoy the expansion content they purchased without having to restart the game.   

• Like 1

The game warns you that the pit is the point of no return and creates an auto save before you jump down. If you have steam just opt into the beta patch and start a new game in story time mode, you'll be far enough along to start the expansion within an hour.

And if an unlucky player has GOG version???  

The game warns you that the pit is the point of no return and creates an auto save before you jump down. If you have steam just opt into the beta patch and start a new game in story time mode, you'll be far enough along to start the expansion within an hour.

You either wait to next month and official release of 3.0 or spent bit more with game as you play to expansion point in easy mode. 

Don't tell me that version 3.0 will solve this problem....it would be great!!!

I don't think that it will solve problem with you save games, but it will bring that "Story Mode" difficult level that makes it possible to reach point where you can start expansion content quite fast, which of course is not most optimal solution to you problem. 

Start a new game and use console commands to speed through it? Use the ~ button on your keyboard and press Enter, then enter iroll20s and press Enter again, then you can make yourself invincible by entering god, or you can level yourself up by using entering addexperiencetolevel, so for example you'd type addexperiencetolevel 14 to go all the way to the highest level. Using cheats disables achievements but if you're after achievements you'd start a new game anyway, plus I'm not sure GoG has achievements.