Any way to move characters from one comp to another?

If you're using Steam then that's automatic. Otherwise, copy your savegame directory?

Ah, thank you! Not using Steam, so I'll try the directory approach. . . . That is, I would . . . but I don't see a savegame directory. I'm on a Mac, if that makes a difference. Only place I know to look for such a directory is in "contents" in the POE application. Eh . . . not crucial; but, if someone knows how to do this, that would be great.

Edited by Updraft

If you have the gog.com version, or any non-Steam version I'm assuming, the save directory is under:

(For Windows) C:\Users\<your account>\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity

(For Mac) \Library\Application Support\Pillars of Eternity\Saved Games

(For Linux) \Home\.local\share\PillarsOfEternity\SavedGames

Found somewhere on these forums, source: LadyCrimson.   Search button. :D

If you have the gog.com version, or any non-Steam version I'm assuming, the save directory is under:

Nope . . . nothing in Application Support w/r to Pillars. Thanks, though . . . got the game from the App store, so maybe that's the problem. Anyhow, may just have to give it up.

Yep, copying your save file should work, it worked for me at least.  Dunno where the save file is on Mac though sorry.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Yep, copying your save file should work, it worked for me at least.  Dunno where the save file is on Mac though sorry.

Thanks . . . can't find such a file to save meself. Have posted in the Apple forum, and in the technical questions here . . . not sure what else to do. May try copying and replacing some files from the "package contents" folder that opens in the POE application. Can't hurt, I guess. I hope. :unsure:

Nope . . . nothing in Application Support w/r to Pillars. Thanks, though . . . got the game from the App store, so maybe that's the problem. Anyhow, may just have to give it up.

OS X

For Steam, GOG, and DRM-free backer disc versions:

~/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games

If you bought Pillars of Eternity from the Apple App Store, your save game directory is located here:

~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillarsofeternity/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Game

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-175-location-of-save-games/

• Like 1

OS X

If you bought Pillars of Eternity from the Apple App Store, your save game directory is located here:

~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillarsofeternity/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Game

This is great . . . never in whatever lifetime I've got left would I have found this on my own. I really do appreciate your help. Thanks! . . . Eh, it didn't work. The game on my laptop, to which I copied the Saved Game folder from this computer, now shows only one of the 6 games I have saved on this computer. Am now reinstalling the app on the laptop to see if that makes a difference.

Edited by Updraft

OS X

This is great . . . never in whatever lifetime I've got left would I have found this on my own. I really do appreciate your help. Thanks! . . . Eh, it didn't work. The game on my laptop, to which I copied the Saved Game folder from this computer, now shows only one of the 6 games I have saved on this computer. Am now reinstalling the app on the laptop to see if that makes a difference.

In case anyone else runs into this, here's what I had to do: copy and replace the entire folder "com.mpdigital.pillarsofeternity." Naturally, that just brought the whole game over from one computer to the other. I could not make anything short of that do the job. That folder, for the Mac App, is located as indicated above: Library/Containers/ . . .

Edited by Updraft