Just asking in case somebody already knows. If noone have answers i will test myself this night...

1) shield bash count ad a second weapon ? ( you attack with main weapon slower than using shield without bash?) --> i think yes

2) 2 weapon style talent speeds you up or not? --> no clue

3) bash attack governo you "mana" if you are a chiper?

4) on crit bash effects ( es Badgradr's Barricade) gives you " mana" ad a chiper?

Shield bash did not work with Two Weapon Style and also not with carnage in 2.03. Don't know if it works in the 3.0 beta patch.

Using shields without bash doesn't influence your attack speed at all. But if you use a shield with bash you will only hit with your main weapon every second time. So you were right.

Bash - as it is in 2.03 - is a huge disadvantage and should be removed or buffed with some effect like a short stun, a very high interrupt chance and duration or something like that.

As it is now, it's not even worthless - it's a punishment!

I don't know if it generates focus - if it does, focus generation will be very low because the damage of bash is really whimpy.

The only exception at the moment is Badgradr's Barricade because it's bash can trigger Thrust of Tattered Veils unlimited times if you crit. It doesn't generate focus. It profits from Penetrating Shot and works with Driving Flight (ranger). Maybe it also works with Vicious Aim - didn't test that.

So a rogue or ranger crit-build with a weapon that has an on-crit effect (We Toki, Godansthunyr...) or a disorienting weapon (Vile Loner's Lance, Strike Hard...)  plus Badgradr's Barricade might be worth it.  I'm testing that at the moment.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks for fast respinse, i start play with the 3.0 yesterday, i'm thinking to go for a solo chiper, but need to plan it before start the run... Ah awesome discovery: on 3.0 finally stunning shots works Aldo in melee... Go rangers!

@andreacolombo: Ah you remember that swift aim suppressed the -20% attack speed from cautios attack? Sadly no more...

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

Thanks for fast respinse, i start play with the 3.0 yesterday, i'm thinking to go for a solo chiper, but need to plan it before start the run... Ah awesome discovery: on 3.0 finally stunning shots works Aldo in melee... Go rangers!

@andreacolombo: Ah you remember that swift aim suppressed the -20% attack speed from cautios attack? Sadly no more...

Whoa - great. They nerf the cipher into oblivion and make melee rangers gods when they reach level 11. :banghead: 

Whatever - that will only make my Riptide build even more awesome. ;) 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@ andreacolombo: Ah you remember that swift aim suppressed the -20% attack speed from cautios attack? Sadly no more...

Yeah, when I raised this in the tech forums, Aarik mentioned his inability to repro the issue in 3.0 so I expected it to be fixed.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus