Hi.

Due to restartitis and whatnot I never finished PoE. So now I'm trying again, and it seems stats have been reworked. Been a while.

So, how's this for a barb?

Human, Living Lands.

Mig: 20

Con: 3

Dex: 15

Per: 18

Int: 18

Res: 4

Figure he'll be using greatswords or pikes.

Pikes for sure. He would die if an enemy as much as looks at his general direction.

With this stats I'd be using a ranged weapon plus boots of speed... and another class. ;)

It can work in melee with Shod-in-Faith boots though. High MIG and INT will do good healing. But your low CON will cause problems with low health after some fights.  

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Okay, I was under the impression that Con was more or less meaningless for a barbarian, seems that has changed. Boosted Con it is, what should be dropped?

Con is more meaningful now not only because of the numeric boost to its effects,but because the AI will actualy aim for the squishy damage dealers.

As for what to drop, I am no PoTD player, since I acticely go for non-minmaxed stats and weird builds, but I think you don't need 20 Might or 18 Per. Taking a couple of points from either wouldn't hurt your damage too much.

Or you could drop DEX to 10 and just go for high damage per hit, maybe with Forgemaster's Gloves to summon Firebrand. Just remember to only use it after the enemies are debuffed, since it has no accuracy bonus.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

You can safely let INT at 10.  ;) While carnage is affected by INT its radius will never grow enough to affect more enemies than the ones right next to your target. Also another 4s of Frenzy or Savage Defiance don't justify high INT for a barb.

You can safely let INT at 10. ;) While carnage is affected by INT its radius will never grow enough to affect more enemies than the ones right next to your target. Also another 4s of Frenzy or Savage Defiance don't justify high INT for a barb.

False, at least in my opinion. High INT can make your carnage much more reliable, and able to hit enemies much further than "right next to" your target.

Plus, many Barbarian skills are duration based, and more four seconds of frenzy can make a difference in DPS, since ways to buff attack speed are much rarer than ways to buff accuracy, and to a lesser degree damage.

But then, I generaly prefer to give my barbarian debuffing weapons, so INT is even more useful to me.

• Like 1

With >20 INT and a item with overseeing you will of course hit more enemies then the ones "right next to you".

I could provide screenshots but I'm too lazy today. :)

Also: high INT and MIG (as I use for nearly all my barbs) are great for most scrolls or items with spell binding. Same with Tidefall's wounding enchantment. Shod-in-Faith are much more powerful if you have high INT (and MIG). If you take things like Aspirant's Mark - also great. Veteran's Recovery also. The yell's and shout's AoE is much bigger (especially the shout's). Threatening Presence's AoE is bigger. Heart of Fury is much better with high INT. On-crit effects - which are especially cool with carnage - last longer.

To say you can savely leave INT at 10 may be true for special barb builds, but not in general.

Edited by Boeroer

With >20 INT and a item with overseeing you will of course hit more enemies then the ones "right next to you".

I could provide screenshots but I'm too lazy today. :)

Also: high INT and MIG (as I use for nearly all my barbs) are great for most scrolls or items with spell binding. Same with Tidefall's wounding enchantment. Shod-in-Faith are much more powerful if you have high INT (and MIG). If you take things like Aspirant's Mark - also great. Veteran's Recovery also. The yell's and shout's AoE is much bigger (especially the shout's). Threatening Presence's AoE is bigger. Heart of Fury is much better with high INT. On-crit effects - which are especially cool with carnage - last longer.

To say you can savely leave INT at 10 may be true for special barb builds, but not in general.

Well, my mistake, in fact with 10INT you can also hit the second row next to your target. And yes, if you put much effort in it it's possible to hit also a third row, but that's not the point, because in doing so you neglect other stats. I like my special barb to do as much DPS as possible and I give him high DEX instead of INT.  :)

PS. INT doesn't affect bleed damage, it just makes it longer.

PPS. I know most people think that INT is very important because it affects some core abilities of the barb thus I won't prolong the debate.

But I will. :)

Your DPS will rise if you are able to hit 6 foes instead of three. More than hitting 15% faster.

I just did a little test with a spear wielding barb and did the Nalrend bounty in Elmshore with 20 INT - and then with 10. Most of the time I will hit three or four more ogres with higher INT. Your AoE only needs to scratch them. There is a break-even-point around 20 INT that lets you reach way more foes. A reach weapon makes this even better.