Double up on a character type.

Hi guys,

I have played with all the  companions and a couple of hired adventurers to make up those types (eg Monk) that are not a standard companion. I have noticed, and I guess this does not come as a surprise, that I use some characters more than the others. I would be interested in other players answer to the question: if you had to double up on a character type what would that be! I guess what I mean is what is your favourite character. 

Thanks

As in, favorite story companion?

Or favorite playable class?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Then in my case it is the Fighter (appreciate there won't be many people giving the same answer.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

EDIT: Misread the post. Sorry.

As for doubling up on a class, I've found barbarians very interesting, and coupling one or two "disabler" barbs with a damage dealing one is something that I may do in the future.

Two from any support class is something certainly worth it, but not as interesting as it is effective, and I like things that are suboptimal while being fun.

Of course, I play on hard, so I can't say how much if a help two paladins are on PoTD.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

My favorite class is a Cipher, however i do not think i would double that, since they do not have as many unique powers, and it is more fun for me to have all different party.

The best class to double however... Druids? Could be frontfighter, can CC, can summon, can heal, can aoe dmg, also spells.

To clarify my earlier answer—Fighter is my favorite class but I generally avoid doubling up on it as it feels uselessly redundant. I prefer a party of 6 different characters.