Monsters in Galvino's embasament is unbalenced!

Hi guyz... im running PoTD, and when i reach galvino quest... man! What hell was that? NOTHING works. Im stuck. The monsters have insanely  defenses, all of them, deflection, reflex, will and fortitude. I tried with cipher, monk, ranger and almost always i miss! That monsters need nerf and fast. Seems like a dishonest system and no a difficult system. i dont know if someone figured out how deal with that construct kinds. 

They should not be especially difficult and therefore don't need to be nerfed. If you find them difficult please don't go to Longwatch Falls to do the bounty there or try to mess with the native lagufaeth. :)

Maybe you have encountered a bug that used to stack defenses onto the animats every time you reload. But that should be fixed by now - unless you are not using the actual patch.

It may also be that your character level is too low (?).

Did the hut yesterday with lvl 9 and it went smooth (on PotD with a party of six). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, im playing at max lvl (14) solo PoTD. Always go for DLC content at max lvl. I spent some time playing PoE mainly PoTD (my fav difficult mode) as well, so.. i know im doing in the game, made balanced for my all classes. About, Lagufaeth all of them are done. So, i went for galvino's quest. Gonna try update again and will see if i have some dices.

Edited by jeanpaim

Hoo wow, if you're finding the constructs hard to beat at level 14 then there's almost certainly something wrong, unless you have a really weird party that somehow only manages to hit the constructs' hardest defence.

I had way more trouble with the lagufaeth the first time I did WM1. I don't recall having any particular trouble with the constructs; just the usual thing of learning their DR's and immunities and then using CC and direct damage attacks that hit their weaknesses.

(The traps were somewhat annoying though, I did get smacked by them rather a lot really.)

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Well, i made this screenshot. iron construct have 175 def, so would be too difficult made a hit even graze, cause my acc is 109. My weapons was upgraded to exceptional (didnt have scale dragon to superb), i have skill that gives me +6 acc but seems useless. So... what's the big deal?

post-159669-0-52502200-1453331032_thumb.jpg

I find it funny when people are playing PoTD and then complain about the difficultly. Isn't the whole point that it's a challenge?

That being said, there is a difficultly spike there. And... looking at your screenshot, that is pretty insane. Have you tried debuffing them with spells? 

Or maybe its time to consider adding another character or 2 to your party. 3 is a small number to run with. 

Edited by Heijoushin

I find it funny when people are playing PoTD and then complain about the difficultly. Is the whole point that it's a challenge?

Funnier is soloing PotD and complaining that there's a specific battle that's too hard for the solo character. Call me crazy.

• Like 1

Here's how I see it, to reaffirm Inky and Heijy, Solo PotD is esentially bragging rights level.  Sure, some real grognards will play it for the extra fun and games, but the majority of folks doing it are probably also looking for some satisfaction that they could do it.  Some of them even admit it.  Complaining about the difficulty while engaging in a playstyle that is so clearly rarified and centered around proving your prowess is crazy.  It is not only supposed to be crazy difficult, it should be crazy difficult and, most importantly, it must be insanely difficult for PotD to have any meaning at all.  There is no shame in finding the encounter difficult with a solo character on the hardest setting the party based game has to offer.  It is manifestly bad form to complain about it as if it's a problem on the developers' end.

Now, if it turns out there is a bug that's hamstringing you, then you might have a beef but I frankly don't even grant that.  Go get a few more characters and finish the encounter with the dignity of knowing you did your best and found your limitations.  Go tweak your character and finish with the 'in your face' assertion that you could do it all along, damn straight!  ...Because no one can claim bragging rights more than the guy who beat the encounter on the highest setting with an artificial limitation compounded by a bug that works to his detriment.

• Like 2

bother?

175 defense I think you have the stacking defense bug.

I did PotD Galvino's a few times upscaled at like level 10 or 11 and did not encounter any defenses like that. Now I was with a full team but that would not change defenses.

I'd make sure you have the latest patch, reload a save from before you went into the cellar and try again making sure not to save or reload.

• Like 3

Does sound like the stack defense bug.

As an aside, I think this area is the worst in terms of how much bloody combat there is some areas.

That is something.

This is part of quest when we just came to talk (and collect Devil) but before we need to fight in fillers. And all this fights are more or less the same.

Big improvment to the dungeon: After 1st fight with construct we can use "machine" to call Galvino and explain that we came in peace and stuff. So we can just get in with constructs watching.

However, if we ever decided to kill Galvino constructs may get mad.

• Like 1

Yeah, there is too much filler. Same with the lagufaeth -- the first group you encounter is an exciting challenge, the second is a chance to prove that you now know how to beat them, and from there on out it's just a drag. There's too much of that kind of thing in Pillars.

(Pearlwood Bluff and those endless groups of drakes is the worst offender IMO though.)

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I reinstalled the game by steam and now the defenses works fine. Thx to those who tried help instead to come here and speak **** as i was complaing about difficult. Isnt the first time that i play PoTD and i know what is the real difficult of this mode, and, in fact, the game become buggy. So... before come in a topic and say about things even given a read, pls... dont comment.

• Like 1

If you had posted this as a possible bug report or even done a forum search on defense bugs rather than accuse the system of being quote "dishonest" and "difficult," I would have taken back my words and even apologized.  It wouldn't be the first time I'd rethought a position.  As it is, I don't take back a single word.

However, I don't like piling on either, so I'm happy to hear it worked out.  Have fun kicking construct ass!

bother?