So I encountered those for the first time ever with my solo paladin on PotD.

I got really scared, because I fell down some kind of pit, since it was blind play I lacked some attribute or skill and ended up with two afflictions, concussion + smth else and immediately got surrounded by Lagu....

To me they seemed nothing different than Vithracks or even weaker.

Since they were not supported by nasty spiders but just Ice blights I could straight attack them (they aggroed me melee anyway) and their hp are just not there.

Am I missing any devastating AoE of them, because I solo?

• Like 1

If you don't have high defenses they will just perma-paralyze you forever with their blowpipes. That's why they are really devastating if your level is too low or if you don't have high deflection and fortitude or some other means of defense that counters this affliction. They are also superfast and love to swarm you - you can't outrun them without boots of speed. So if you have squishies they will be most likely dead since on PotD there will be a ton of Lagufaeth. Then: in Russetwood or Durgan's Battery they are a bit weaker than in Longwatch Falls - at least that's my impression.

If you reach lvl 9 or 10 they are not very difficult anymore with a party - or if your defenses are top-notch like a solo paladin's surely are.

edit: and stop playing solo paladins! I want my 12 Ogres! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, their paralyzing weapons are the pain, and their most powerful casters (I forget the name) also have Avatar and some decent spells.

Still, what's the problem? They're just randoms wandering in the wilderness. They don't need to be especially strong. 

• Like 2

The ones you find in the ogre cave aren't very dangerous. The ones you'll encounter in the Longwatch Falls can be very dangerous however, especially on scaled content.

Scaled content?

I will go to Longwatch falls quite soon I think.

The ones you find in the ogre cave aren't very dangerous. The ones you'll encounter in the Longwatch Falls can be very dangerous however, especially on scaled content.

Scaled content?

If you go to WM while you're over lv12 (I think...) the game is asking if you want to scale the encounters to your level or not (same thing for Thaos when you jump into the pit). The encounters become much more difficult (not sure if it affects the alpine dragon however  8) )

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

At level 10 the Lagufaeths should be doable even in Longwatch Falls I think. Never tried them with scaled content because I like to go to Stalwart as soon as possible to fetch all these nice unique items. ;) 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Scaled content?

If you go to WM while you're over lv12 (I think...) the game is asking if you want to scale the encounters to your level or not (same thing for Thaos when you hump in the pit). The encounters become much more difficult (not sure if it affects the alpine dragon however  8) )

So this only works if I start the White March?

Sadly started it way before level 12. :(

You can upscale White march at level 9, no need to wait for 12.

This is my preferred course of action on PotD - adventure until level nine, go to White March and upscale, then do whatever as everything is now as hard as it can get. This way I can bounce back and forth doing whatever quests I want without worrying about out leveling anything.

• Like 3

You can upscale White march at level 9, no need to wait for 12.

This is my preferred course of action on PotD - adventure until level nine, go to White March and upscale, then do whatever as everything is now as hard as it can get. This way I can bounce back and forth doing whatever quests I want without worrying about out leveling anything.

Well I didn't get the option, so it must have been before 9 :(

Ok, the last pack of Lagus was really tough (in front of the Alpine Dragon cave).

3 Broodmothers are way too much for me to handle at once, Cleansing Flames is just insane. :)

At first I couldn't even split them apart, since they follow you all over the map, then I used the bridge and figurines to finally fight each mother on its own.

Ok, the last pack of Lagus was really tough (in front of the Alpine Dragon cave).

3 Broodmothers are way too much for me to handle at once, Cleansing Flames is just insane. :)

At first I couldn't even split them apart, since they follow you all over the map, then I used the bridge and figurines to finally fight each mother on its own.

I recently tackled that area with. Tidefall wielding Barb, 3 Rangers with bows and bears and 2 Lion Druids on PotD. Arrows and Lightning storms rained insta death on those freaks. My mostly melee party has felt lots of pain trying to take them on. Quick death from afar has seemed to be the better option.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I recently tackled that area with. Tidefall wielding Barb, 3 Rangers with bows and bears and 2 Lion Druids on PotD. Arrows and Lightning storms rained insta death on those freaks. My mostly melee party has felt lots of pain trying to take them on. Quick death from afar has seemed to be the better option.

Well death from afar is less easy with a solo paladin, but I guess you could describe my tactic like that, too. :D

• Like 1

Yeah..... ummm.... erm..... guess that would be a wee tad bit different.

I have totally wussed out on solo PotD runs. Tried one back in the summer with a monk and kept getting trounced. Apparently my enemies' kung fu is much more powerful than my own. I seem to enjoy and excel with themed parties best.

If you have fun with parties, there is no shame in using them. :)