Tempered Helm does not boost stats and DR

Nicholas

Question

Tempered Helm should give +3 to strength, +5 to DR and inflict -5 to Deflection per kill for 20 sec. However, when Zahua kills somebody, helm gives absolutely nothing. There is no message in combat log that Zahua affected by helm, and might and DR do not change on character sheet. And for some reason these bonuses are always suppressed.

Here's autosave in 6-th level of Endless Path. Just let Zahua kill the skeleton fighter.

13 answers to this question

Hello Nicholas,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! I apologize for my late response, we have been super busy here. I investigated the issue more closely, it seems that any other accessories that give those bonuses will suppress the bonuses granted by the helm. I have written up a bug report and added it to our database.

Thank you for your support!

• Like 2

Yes, even the +5 DR will be suppressed by a Fine or Exceptional enchantment on your armor. The -5 Deflection worked though if I recall correctly. +3 shouldn't stack with other +MIG gear, but at least it shouldn't be suppressed by a +1 MIG helm or stuff like that. It should just override it.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Tempered Helm's Deflection penalty is suppressed by any deflection boosting items.

Somewhat related issue with the mourning gloves, as the -1 resolve get surpressed by any +resolve gear. 

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

This bug with the Tempered Helm is still there.  +3 might and other buffs are suppressed when they should not be.  very old bug, still here.

True.

Helm pretty difficult to make useful.

Not really. It has great defense buffs against mind control and paralyze and so on. Pretty useful. Just let go of your other MIG bonus gear and the helm also gives you +3 MIG on kill - which is the least useful enchantment of it, but since you insist ;)

Actually one of the best helmets in the game.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods