Hirelings as defenders

Hi,

I know I can recruit hirelings to help defend my Stronghold. I know I can also hire other game characters such as the Captain of the Dozens. But how do I do this or more to the point where is he!? I have finished the Bronze etc. quest and I have Moderate reputation with the Dozens.

Many thanks

Good morning!

In order to hire mercenaries to defend your stronghold, you need to build the Barracks. Once the construction is completed, you'll be able to access the hirelings menu and recruit some stalwart soldier to protect your comfy home :)

Edited by Barbedbeat

As Barbedbeat said, you need a barracks. Other hirelings will become available based on what quests you complete. I forget which quests... besides the dozens, I remember that there's an ogre you can pick up near Dyrford village, 

Now whether these hirelings are actually worth anything... that is the question(U_U) 

• Like 1

I have  built barracks already and have completed Bronze Beneath The Lake. I am Hero status with Dozens should I be higher?  I have not tried the Ogre yet but as I say I cannot find the Captain of The Dozens to hire him!

Many thanks for input.

Sometimes, as time passes a special hireling comes along and knocks at your castles'gate to offer his services. If that is the case, the game will display a notification and asks you to take a look at the stronghold menu so that you can see whether you want to hire him or not.

Hey (you stupendous group of gamers)

You have to finish the quest for the (Dozens, Doemonels, or Kinghts) that allows you to attend the hearings in Defiance Bay. This will unlock a hireling in the Barracks of your Stronghold. A few others are available via quests throughout the Dyrwood. Kograk and a Skaen Initiate are in Dyrford. Plus lots more, collect them all!  

I got your backs,

Sking

• Like 1