KotOR II Wish List

Nice list, however :

Prestige classes and epic levels.

Prestige classes are in, but epic levels, there is no such thing in the Star Wars universe.

Yoda is level 20, how powerful do you wanna get ?!? Shall we introduce Jedi demi-gods ?!?

During character creation, instead of giving the player points to spend, let us roll up our characters.

I don't like the game choose my character for me. I still can't fanthom who came up with the ridicolous notion of having a dice choosing which type of character you are going to play.

More than two other party members.

If this was an isometric RPG i would agree, but the horrid consolish interface of the game would make more then 3 character pure hell to manage, particularly with the consolish tiny little levels (over-crowding) and the average A.I. (over-getting lost everywhere).

Other then that, that's a fair list.

Of course, what i really want is a great story and great characters (PS:T-great), if they can achieve that, i'll be more then happy to ignore certain issues with the rest of the game... B)

Actually I thought the endings were horrendously bad in comparison to the rest of the game. It was an epic game with a great sense of polish and the first time I was playing I expected a great ending with a sense of closure. This should be a top concern.

Prestige classes are in, but epic levels, there is no such thing in the Star Wars universe.

Yoda is level 20, how powerful do you wanna get ?!? Shall we introduce Jedi demi-gods ?!?

Just because the Star Wars d20 game is limited it doesn't mean that the CRPG has to be too. Why not take the good stuff from the d20 system and use it? They did it in Neverwinter Nights.

I don't like the game choose my character for me. I still can't fanthom who came up with the ridicolous notion of having a dice choosing which type of character you are going to play.

I'm only suggesting rolling up the numbers that are our Attribute scores. Having a finite number of points to put into Attributes means very "average" heroes.

If this was an isometric RPG i would agree, but the horrid consolish interface of the game would make more then 3 character pure hell to manage, particularly with the consolish tiny little levels (over-crowding) and the average A.I. (over-getting lost everywhere).

I

What does the word "gore" mean? :wacko:

According to Oxford:

gore n. blood shed and clotted [Old English, = dirt]

Not sure if that was any help, but thats what the dictionary says ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What does the word "gore" mean? :wacko:

According to Oxford:

gore n. blood shed and clotted [Old English, = dirt]

Not sure if that was any help, but thats what the dictionary says ;)

And, for the record, gore would be rather out-of-place in a Star Wars game....even a 'darker' one. As much as I would love to see blood spray like soda from a shaken can every time my lightsaber hits a Sith soldier, I think we can leave that sort of thing for Kill Bill.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Just because the Star Wars d20 game is limited it

The d20 game is limited because the Star Wars universe is limited.

There is no such thing as 'epic' levels in Star Wars, period.

Yoda is the extreme end of the spectrum and it's already too much that we got anything near that order of power, how can you ask for more ?!?

They did it in Neverwinter Nights.

Neverwinder Nights was D&D. In D&D, there's Dragons, High Demons, Demi-gods and all sort of powerful entities to offer a challenge to Epic characters.

No such thing in Star Wars.

I'm only suggesting rolling up the numbers that  are our Attribute scores.  Having a finite number of points to put into Attributes means very "average" heroes.

Who needs rolling then, just add more points to distribute.

Personally, i'd rather keep it the way it was.

No level cap (or a very high one).

I think a high one would be better - like, 30 or 40? It should be hard (next to impossible) to reach the cap...

Adult content and ideas

Gore should be optional (I would turn it on... ;-)), Romance is _very_ important. KotOR had some potential in that area, but it should have been more important if you played that way...

A voice!

I said 'yes' in another thread, but after thinking about it... Maybe not, some gamers prefer to choose the PC's name themself. How do you want to do a non-odd-looking introduction voice over?!? OTOH, I could live with a pre-defined name.

During character creation, instead of giving the player points to spend, let us roll up our characters.

No!

Better companion AI

A better overall AI! Malak was so unbelievable stupid, I killed him in no time (only using Force Wave)...

After having been to a place it should be possible to click that location on the mini-map to return there (unless there is something between your current location and your proposed location that warrant's interest).

Hmmm, that would reduce the time needed to finish the game by more than 60%, so I think this would be a stupi idea...

More worlds, longer game play.

Yes, but see above - longer gameplay _and_ teleporting!?

I would also love to see a more 'cinematic' design (better camera, better editing, better choreography, better cut-scene style...), more 'epic' boss-battles (Malak was a joke), and longer, more rewarding endings...

Awesome ideas, except for the no killing to get credits. I quite enjoy killing people who bug me and looting their corpses. It should be kept optional, at least, because I'm sure some LSers don't wanna do that . . .

Helmets dude. We need helmets.

The awesomest "clothing" from the original trilogy:

Vader's helmet

Boba fett's helmet

Stormtrooper helmet

Hell, even the alliance had helmets.

4000 yrs earlier...

Revan: "Hmm.. What should I wear on my head? It is, after all, somewhat fragile."

Mission: "You could tape these two plastic thingies to your temples."

Revan: "Hrrm.. I don't know. There has to be something more protective than that."

Canderous: "What about this pair of red La Forge-shades?"

Revan: "Well, those _do_ protect my eyes after all. And I look stupid with any other head equipment."

What.. Are Jedi not allowed to use cool looking helmets?

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

A couple comments on the list of suggestions.

Adult content is a tricky business, and it only really works with the appropriate license and when you're willing for a game to risk getting an "M" ESRB rating. I think the original KotOR wasn't primarily aimed at kids. It touched upon serious issue but it didn't go too far. It fit very well with the Star Wars movies and genre.

As far as giving the PC a voice, that is touchy. The thing is that many people have very definite ideas on who their character is and what they are like. In the BG series, you got to choose your voice from a pretty big list and even then the occasional VO lines they barked left me unsatisfied. Because it didn't mesh with my mental picture of my character. What makes a good voice can be very subjective thing (occasionally someone hits a home run in casting - like James Earl Jones). Speaking personally here, I'd rather let the PC's voice be left up to everyone's imagination. Overall they'd do a better job than any voice actor of fitting the character.

Many of the suggestions sound interesting. Some may have been implemented already.

-Ferret

Being 20, i wouldn't mind a "M" rating...but i do agree that the starwars universe wouldn't fit in with gore and sex....but (like in the jedi

knight series) for example cutting off a leg and showing a glow

at the arm stump (lightsaber burns so it wont bleed) i would not

mind...

Also more romances wouldn't hurt either....i want to be able to choose what NPC i feel most attracted to, and perhaps it can lead towards

some side quest where your "love" is captured and you nearly slip to the Dark Side trying desperately to rescue him/her

I would be happy with more interaction with NPCs, both in and out of your party, a slighlty more realistic and more tactically difficult combat system, better inventory management, real evil options instead of the schoolyard bully type that was in the last game, and a decent story.

I don't think that is too much to ask for.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Well, the rating does (of course) matter - more or less...

You see, it pretty much depends on where you are located. In the USA, you may not show too much romance and gore (no splatter, that is). In Germany, you could depict romances (and even nudity and sex), it doesn't really matter if it's not hardcore (Hmmm - no, we don't want this), but the little violence in KotOR was sufficient to get a 12+ rating.

In France or the Netherlands you may show much more without getting a higher rating...

Dismemberment and gore would get a 18+ rating in Germany, even if it's optional; simply showing some blood or something like this would make it 16+.

Bottom line is, KotOR is rated Teen in the states, which is more or less the equivalent to 12+ in Germany. Would _some_ more romance make it M rated? I think I'll never understand the US laws... ;-)

What does M rated mean? 16+? Would it really matter if KotOR2 would be M rated (I think most buyers are older than 16, anyways)?

i'll just add to the wishlist, hoping that the devs see this:

EQUIPMENT

general:

sucked in kotor: browsing through x pieces of equipment to find the datapad i just picked up. the "new items" category is nice, but it doesn't display "new items" in order of aquiry!

it'd be nice to have better grouping / filtering of items (such as "show blasters" or "show armor" etc)

also, getting rid of "quest items" after a quest is done and the item is no longer needed would make sense.

upgrades:

upgrading stuff was really really great, but it was fairly easy to get good equipment early during the game- carth still had his upgraded blaster and a mandalorian blaster at the end of kotor

also, getting new weapons / armor and upgrading them ceased to be interesting towards the end of the game as the difference between various upgradable equipment wasn't that great

MINI GAMES

you know, it really gets on your nerves after a while if you have to shoot down sith ships every time you leave a planet... mini games were fun, but pazaak and the fighters became boring after a while.

i'd rather see shorter, but more complex mini-games. the racing for example, was pretty cool- but there were no opponents and the track was pretty straight-forward.

it'd be fun to see more mini games- they just shouldn't turn up / repeat too often

TRAVEL

although running around everywhere is kind of natural, a more direct "point on the map and move automatically" approach would be helpful. on kashyyk and tattoine, i spend a lot of time just running from A to B, although i had visited A and B before.

the "transit" option should be available for visited locations! if anything important happens on the way (attack, story etc), the transit could still be interrupted. a nice sequence could show the party travelling in order to make the transit less abrupt

INTERACTION

more interaction between companions! it was great to see the other characters talking to each other. there should be also much more interaction with the npcs. after a while, i stopped trying to talk to the various inhabitants as they usually didn't have much to say.

i'm not saying that there's a need for more quests- the npcs could just talk about rumours, tell news, say something about the planet / their species / their job / their interests or could engage in mini-games etc. so... more roleplaying would be great!

COMBAT

less combat would be good :unsure: what i mean is: there have been a lot of situations where one could have avoided combat (for example by sneaking), but there aren't experience awards for such alternative actions.

also, enemies don't submit or flee in combat - i figure that a jedi will let someone live if that person realizes, that attacking him was not a good idea. more peaceful solutions would be good (though trashing droids should not be a problem)

NPCS

aliens- more of them! there are so many different species in star wars! i realize that it is a lot of work creating and animating those, as it is also a lot of work to create different faces for various species... but this diversity is important for star wars. where are the kel'dor? the aqualish? mon calamari? devaronians? ... there's quite a lot to choose from

much more citizens in cities / crowded places. they don't all have to have something important to say, but a major city should look like one. they don't have to be walking around - a cantina with crowded tables is fine with me

MAIN CHARACTER

you know, although xenophobia is mentioned in the game, you can only choose to be a human character- why the restriction? nothing i've seen in the game quite explained the need for having a human character.

it'd be nice to pick from a couple of races for the main character, though i guess that you may already too far in development for that. oh well, maybe something to think about for kotor 3 ;-)

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

NPCs

Being a fan of Torment, I really miss the depth of characters such as Morte and Dakkon. Even Nordom was a better droid than what was in KOTOR. Other people may ojbect to Carth, but I think that's something better character development could address.

Pazaak

Please don't make me start first every single hand. That just plain sucks in a card game where you can bust.