I've played the game for many hours, but I am stuck. I have read several game guides, but their advice doesn't work for me.

1. At the door in Lever 13 of Od Nua the solution seems to be to select "Od Nua Enemy", but this option never appears when I try to open the door.

2. I left the dungeon and tried a different quest, and the suggestion is to speak to someone at the Aedelwan Bridge. However, my world map won't let me go there. I can go anywhere up to and including Madhmr Bridge, but I cannot access any town on the island, or the bridge off the island.

I suspect I have missed some essential part of the main quest, but it's like trying to find a needle in a hackstack, but what I'm looking for may not be a needle.

Surely someone else has run into this, and being wiser and more handsome has worked it out. Please help me!

DocTerry

In order to get that option on level 13 of the Endless Paths, your character must have learned (or better, recalled) to speak Engwithan. You learn it during the Heritage Hill quest in Act II.

Once you've learned Engwithan, you must talk to the spirits on level 13 of the Endless Paths; they will reveal what you need to say for the door to open. At that point, the right option will appear and you'll be able to select it.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I've played the game for many hours, but I am stuck. I have read several game guides, but their advice doesn't work for me.

1. At the door in Lever 13 of Od Nua the solution seems to be to select "Od Nua Enemy", but this option never appears when I try to open the door.

2. I left the dungeon and tried a different quest, and the suggestion is to speak to someone at the Aedelwan Bridge. However, my world map won't let me go there. I can go anywhere up to and including Madhmr Bridge, but I cannot access any town on the island, or the bridge off the island.

I suspect I have missed some essential part of the main quest, but it's like trying to find a needle in a hackstack, but what I'm looking for may not be a needle.

Surely someone else has run into this, and being wiser and more handsome has worked it out. Please help me!

If you can't access Defiance Bay, it sounds like you haven't repaired the barbican and taken the south exit from Caed Nua towards Woodend Plains. 

Pretty remarkable if you've made it to level 13 in Od Nua without that btw. :hattip:

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

If you can't access Defiance Bay, it sounds like you haven't repaired the barbican and taken the south exit from Caed Nua towards Woodend Plains.

Pretty remarkable if you've made it to level 13 in Od Nua without that btw. :hattip:

This happened to me as well back at release. I cleared Caed Nua until I got stuck at that door. Then I spent FOREVER trying to figure out how to open it. It wasnt until after I killed Spark and cleared act II that I went back and it opened. It was VERY frustrating...

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Thank you everyone. I know it's hard to guess what someone else's problem might be, but I went back to Od Cua and out the Barbican gate--that allowed me to transport to the East side of the river, and I am now at the gates leading into the Island on Defiance Bay.

As far as soloing to level 13--I have to admit I cheat. (I'm 77, so I usually need a little extra help--after all, I play the game to enjoy myself; not to get a nose-bleed trying too hard)

Again, thank you.

DocTerry

BTW I REALLY do appreciate the help. I'm sure we have all been on forums where the responses range from the useless "You must really such" to the frustrating "Oh, that's easy just look for the broken key"

• Like 5

Thank you everyone. I know it's hard to guess what someone else's problem might be, but I went back to Od Cua and out the Barbican gate--that allowed me to transport to the East side of the river, and I am now at the gates leading into the Island on Defiance Bay.

As far as soloing to level 13--I have to admit I cheat. (I'm 77, so I usually need a little extra help--after all, I play the game to enjoy myself; not to get a nose-bleed trying too hard)

Again, thank you.

DocTerry

BTW I REALLY do appreciate the help. I'm sure we have all been on forums where the responses range from the useless "You must really such" to the frustrating "Oh, that's easy just look for the broken key"

Much respect to you, good sir.