Woedica's hood and 'head-locked' main character

Actually,

The dialogue option that fires when you approach the gate lets you put the hood on. Can't remember if it does manage to fool them...

• Like 2

Actually,

The dialogue option that fires when you approach the gate lets you put the hood on. Can't remember if it does manage to fool them...

I believe I saved right before this and tried several different options.  In fact, I'm absolutely certain that I

donned the hood and never killed off the folks there.  I'll go back and edit this post to be sure, but if I've got it right, I never fought them at all, period.  So, Godlike can, in fact, use the hood.

Yeah, I just checked and you never need to fight anyone.  Regardless of stats, you can still wear what you need.

Edited by why

bother?

I tried the hood on a moon godlike and it wouldn't equip. When going in the room alone I get attacked. I tried drag and drop to equip and clicking to equip. No go.

Female elf-body moon godlike, for the record.

As a godlike, can't equip the hood from your inventory. When you enter the room from the 'Catacombs' entrance a dialogue pops up asking you whether you want to don the hood and enter the room alone, don the hood and enter it with your party, or not don the hood and enter it alone or with your party respectively.

This dialogue and the corresponding options also obtains for godlike, which normally cannot don any kind of hood or wear any kind of helmet.

(edit: I tried this with my male moon godlike and entered the room with donned hood alone, thus preventing conflict)

(edit 2: the prerequisite for this option is that you need to have the hood in your main characters possession and that you learn the correct passphrase, see Evilcat's post)

Edited by gogocactus

Actually,

I believe I saved right before this and tried several different options. In fact, I'm absolutely certain that I

donned the hood and never killed off the folks there. I'll go back and edit this post to be sure, but if I've got it right, I never fought them at all, period. So, Godlike can, in fact, use the hood.

Yeah, I just checked and you never need to fight anyone. Regardless of stats, you can still wear what you need.

Wait, there is a way of not fighting them after entering the room? The leader always finds out I'm an impostor.

Wait, there is a way of not fighting them after entering the room? The leader always finds out I'm an impostor.

Yup.

One way to get the right answears is to talk with alone cultist in "library" and convice him to repeat the vows with PC "train". Generally this are phases which are not "go to hell" and most criptic one.

• Like 2

Indeed, Godlike can use the hood as it becomes available to them in the dialogue that pops up when you try to enter the room.

Yep . . . finally got this in the dialogue. It didn't show up the first few times I tried the door . . . not sure why it changed. It may have been that, the other times, the hood was on another character and that, in the last try, it was in my character's possession . . . and that she opened the door (?) I'm not sure anymore--felt so dumb to have missed it on previous tries, if I did miss it, that I don't recall exactly how it all led to the option to "don the hood." Once I got in, part of the dialogue even mentions that, to the acolyte, the hood sat strangely on my head. Though maybe that would be the same for other character-types.

• Like 1

I tried the hood on a moon godlike and it wouldn't equip. When going in the room alone I get attacked. I tried drag and drop to equip and clicking to equip. No go.

Female elf-body moon godlike, for the record.

As a godlike, can't equip the hood from your inventory. When you enter the room from the 'Catacombs' entrance a dialogue pops up asking you whether you want to don the hood and enter the room alone, don the hood and enter it with your party, or not don the hood and enter it alone or with your party respectively.

This dialogue and the corresponding options also obtains for godlike, which normally cannot don any kind of hood or helmet.

(edit: I tried this with my male moon godlike and entered the room with donned hood alone, thus preventing conflict)

Thanks--responded to another similar reply . . . finally got this result. The option didn't pop up in the dialogue the first few times I tried . . . then, it did, and I was in. Felt like a dunce--in need of a dunce cap--but, hey, live and learn . . . and living is good. :yes:

• Like 2

Just one last comment on this thread: I really appreciate the consideration and thoughtfulness of the responses. My first post here, but I've been involved in many other game message-boards, and consideration isn't always the way of things. So, thanks for that.

I must not have had the hood in my main character's inventory then. That's some kind of strange requirement, considering other quest items like grappling hooks or prybars can be in anyone's inventory.

Oh well, good to know if I ever bother with another play through.

The very notion of a play-through (i.e., that I'd ever get to the end of the line) is kinda daunting . . . may have something to do with my age. :biggrin:

The very notion of a play-through (i.e., that I'd ever get to the end of the line) is kinda daunting . . . may have something to do with my age. happy0203.gif

You're not wrong, IMHO. The game is so tedious on the higher difficulties due to having to pause so much, and with so much bloat in the combat with very little gain. The thought of going through it again makes my brain hurt a little.

• Like 1

The very notion of a play-through (i.e., that I'd ever get to the end of the line) is kinda daunting . . . may have something to do with my age. happy0203.gif

You're not wrong, IMHO. The game is so tedious on the higher difficulties due to having to pause so much, and with so much bloat in the combat with very little gain. The thought of going through it again makes my brain hurt a little.

Well, that's where I may have an advantage . . . I have very little brain (a bear of very little brain?) to begin with . . . so, less to hurt. :w00t:

• Like 1