This may be a dead horse at this point, but I scanned the fora and didn't find this answered anywhere.

So, the soundtrack that comes with the champion and royal editions of the game isn't complete, and I cannot for the life of me understand why, considering there is a complete version that I FOUND ON YOUTUBE.

I mean, I could just get the files from the game folder, but imo this shouldn't be necessary. So why? WHY? WHYYYYY haven't the missing pieces been added in the meantime? I don't understand it and find it rather disappointing.

Edited by OnyxIdol
  • Like 2

Some tracks were composed after the soundtrack was burnt to CD. The digital version of the soundtrack is the same as the disk; additional tracks must be retrieved from the game's folder.

Hopefully they'll be made available at some point.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

This is not uncommon at all.  Tons of games collectors or limited editions ship with soundtracks and they are never complete or contain all versions of every track.  If a game has good enough music to sell a legit sound track giving it free to a ton of people doesn't make a lot of sense.  IE the recent Xenoblade Chronicles X where the collectors version was a very limited track collection but there is in fact a CD you can buy containing all the music from the game.

• Like 1

So... Why don't you hear the youtube version instead? It's not actually a problem.

Because I can't take the YT version with me. But that is not the point, the point is: why have two versions in the first place? If the extended version is an official version.

what's the official track list?  maybe the youtube version was some additional audio thrown in.

The version that comes with the game, as well the one on amazon has 26. But, the extra tracks on the YT version are all properly labeled, and don't look like pulled from the game folders.

This is not uncommon at all.  Tons of games collectors or limited editions ship with soundtracks and they are never complete or contain all versions of every track.  If a game has good enough music to sell a legit sound track giving it free to a ton of people doesn't make a lot of sense.  IE the recent Xenoblade Chronicles X where the collectors version was a very limited track collection but there is in fact a CD you can buy containing all the music from the game.

Well, the extended version on YT has "official" sounding tracknames, so it looks to me there are two versions. It is also called "Official Soundtrack Full Album". Which is odd, because as I said the version on Amazon has 26 tracks, but this one has 41.

Edited by OnyxIdol
  • Like 1

Some tracks were composed after the soundtrack was burnt to CD. The digital version of the soundtrack is the same as the disk; additional tracks must be retrieved from the game's folder.

Hopefully they'll be made available at some point.

This is the reason in a nutshell.   For fulfillment purposes we needed to print the CD a bit before the game was done, which meant music that was written later wouldn't be on it.  But I do understand that it seems odd.  That said the printed CD is truly a limited edition since it will never be made again, and that's what makes it unique!

For future products, if we do in fact make more limited CD such as this, we'll investigate different timeframes to ensure the sound tracks are as up to date as possible.

Well, the extended version on YT has "official" sounding tracknames, so it looks to me there are two versions. It is also called "Official Soundtrack Full Album". Which is odd, because as I said the version on Amazon has 26 tracks, but this one has 41.

A lot of those additional; pieces of music aren't really "pieces of music" in the strictest sense.  Some are small stingers we play here and there for dramatic effect, but are really so short that they can hardly be considered a track at all.  Others are fragmented pieces of music that get sequentially stitched together in game and so by themselves (debatably) cannot be considered a track.  

• Like 2

Still, a zip with MP3s is not a CD - it's malleable. You could still add those bits and bobs there. For example, the Obsidian Intro, while not a track, is still nice.

I figured folks wouldn't be interested in those, maybe I was wrong?

I can't speak for everyone, but I am definitely interested - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this thread ;) . Either way, deleting tracks you don't want is less of a hassle than extracting them from the game folder.

I would love to have those pieces added. The music is beautiful.

Dito.

• Like 1

Orchestra shots and behind the scenes music making. Like the elevator lobby footage from the doc.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle