So I have been trying to come up with yet another Paladin support build this one focusing on defense instead offense (like my Darcozzi FO) but have run into some snags.  So instead of stacking ACC bonuses from difference sources we will try and staff deflection and saves where possible (not as important)  A Shieldbearer is the best candidate but according to a forum user that tested it you cannot stack: Shielding Flames, Shielding Touch and Reinforcing Exhortation.  But Touch and Flames stack with each other and the Exhortation stacks with touch but not flames..WTF confused.

I understand that with my Darcozzi FO the +10 ACC stack with Coordinated attacks and The marking enchant because things stack with weapon slot items.  Just like I am assuming Shielding Flames stacks with the herald enchant as its a weapon slot.  + 10 From Inspiring Lib doesn't get suppressed because its a passive...shouldn't all the Shieldbearer passive talents and Reinforcing Exhortation stack then?  

Third : Would the hit to graze from Zealous Endurance stack with the same passive the shield from one of the final bounty gives?

PS I need to learn to use the console so I can test on my own.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Third : Would the hit to graze from Zealous Endurance stack with the same passive the shield from one of the final bounty gives?

It seems to, as I'm not getting the "Suppressed" word next to the effect in my character record when I use them in conjunction.

In general, those % conversions always seem to stack IME.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So I have been trying to come up with yet another Paladin support build this one focusing on defense instead offense (like my Darcozzi FO) but have run into some snags.  So instead of stacking ACC bonuses from difference sources we will try and staff deflection and saves where possible (not as important)  A Shieldbearer is the best candidate but according to a forum user that tested it you cannot stack: Shielding Flames, Shielding Touch and Reinforcing Exhortation.  But Touch and Flames stack with each other and the Exhortation stacks with touch but not flames..WTF confused.

I understand that with my Darcozzi FO the +10 ACC stack with Coordinated attacks and The marking enchant because things stack with weapon slot items.  Just like I am assuming Shielding Flames stacks with the herald enchant as its a weapon slot.  + 10 From Inspiring Lib doesn't get suppressed because its a passive...shouldn't all the Shieldbearer passive talents and Reinforcing Exhortation stack then?  

PS I need to learn to use the console so I can test on my own.

I learned the console ages ago, just google it and go to any post that explains it. (I used the wikia, which already should show how easy this is. ;P)

any idea as to why shielding touch, flames and Reinforcing don't stack?  By the rules all passives should stack.  maybe its a bug so I put it up there. Or a dev can shed some light on the situation.

Have gun will travel.

• 3 months later...

But Touch and Flames stack with each other and the Exhortation stacks with touch but not flames..WTF confused.

My understanding is that Reinforcing Exhortation and Shielding Flames both count as a spell bonus, hence only the highest applies.

While Shielding Touch is coded to stack with pretty much everything (just like Inspiring Liberation).

It also stacks with itself, and is being castable outside of combat, as reported in this bug report.

Btw, while we are on stacking topic, how does stacking work when dual-wielding weapons with:

- marking: +10 Accuracy granted to an ally attacking the same target

- valiant: x1.2 Damage and +10 Accuracy when below 50 % Endurance

- coordinating: +4 Accuracy and x1.25 damage when attacking the same enemy as an ally

- vicious: x1.2 damage against against proned, stunned and flanked enemies.

I.e. do these bonuses apply only to the weapon they are on, or they are counted as "character-wide" buffs?

Edited by MaxQuest

Btw, while we are on stacking topic, how does stacking work when dual-wielding weapons with:

- marking

- valiant

- +4 Accuracy and x1.25 damage when attacking the same enemy as an ally

- x1.2 damage against against proned, stunned and flanked enemies.

I.e. do these bonuses apply only to the weapon they are on, or they are counted as "character-wide" buffs?

Vicious and Coordinating apply only to the weapon itself. 

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

Weapon bonusses apply only to the weapon that has the said bonus , wasnt this always the case ?

It was :)

Quality, damaging, speed properties always applied only to the weapon itself.

But, there is paladin's Coordinating Attack talent which afaik doesn't care with which hand the attack is performed. And knowing Obsidian, I wouldn't be surprised if some of that code would get re-used, for some non-consistent behavior.

I was thinking about a barbarian with double Coordinating weapons attacking the same target as a paladin with Coordinating talent and Marking Weapon.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

They should all stack as the flames deflection bonus is the same as shielding touch and a Darcozzi's inspiring liberation. They add a bonus to an ability.

Have gun will travel.