For example, when you clear the Expedition hall, you get Cloudpiercer bow, which is very good one.

However if you clear Knights and Doemenels, there is nothing special, correct me if I am wrong.

Is there anybody else worth killing? In Defiance Bay, Gilded Vale, Dyrford Village, Twin Elms...

Like n IE games, there were NPCs with nice stuff you could pickpocket. Here, you cannot pickpocket them, just kill them

Huh, I didn't know that about Cloudpiercer, I assumed you could only get it from the quest.

As I understand it there are some backer NPCs in Gilded Vale which are often (usually?) killed on solo PotD games because they drop plate armour long before you could usually get it. I think that's the only sort of situation I'd bother killing NPCs i.e. when I'm playing something hard like solo PotD. Sure, items like Cloudpiercer are good, but if they're key to my build I can join the Dozens, and if not I can live without them.

There's a backer NPC at Madhmir Bridge who has a pistol. I think this might be the first one available outside of the one in Readric's Keep.

Generally I killed most anyone with any items worthwhile and take no effort in dispatching. After having done everyone's quests there is no point in leaving anyone alive. However the vast majority of NPC's have near worthless items on them.

There's a backer NPC at Madhmir Bridge who has a pistol. I think this might be the first one available outside of the one in Readric's Keep.

Other than the Disappointer, true.

I sometimes murder the nice ladies in the house just to the east of the northern entrance to Gilded Vale because one of them is wearing some really snazzy Vailian threads. And then there's the dude in plate armour near the temple of Eothas, which is AFAIK the earliest you can get that.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

If you kill Osric (Expedition Hall) after retrieving his breastplate he should drop it.

The Doemenel manor is full of gems, money and arquebuses. :)

The backer druid Visceris that stands around in Copperlane drops a stag helm (+1 DEX, +2 Athletics).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you kill Osric (Expedition Hall) after retrieving his breastplate he should drop it.

The backer druid Visceris that stands around in Copperlane drops a stag helm (+1 DEX, +2 Athletics).

And that druid will melt your face if you're solo and first arrived in Defiance Bay ;)

• Like 2

I just cleared the entire expedition hall after they tried to assassinate me at Anslogs Compass.  I had done the quest and he didn't drop it. :-/

Have gun will travel.

I believe that's correct. I did finally figure out how to get the breastplate though, you do need to murder for it, but not Osric.

Penhelm. I attacked him directly when he showed up at Hadret House, then told Osric that I had to murder some people to get it. Osric called me a bleeping psychotic, marched off in a huff, and I was left with the breastplate.

IMO this is illogical. There should be an option just to tell Osric "Yeah I found it but I rather like it so I'm keeping it for myself," with similar consequences.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Yes, you can also have this dialog option. But I also remember that I killed him and he dropped it - but maybe I don't remeber correctly or this was changed. Or both. ;)

Sorry for the misinformation. :(

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 years later...

I was thinking on killing everybody in Pillars of eternity world, is that possible? I mean, desertic villages and cities, could someone imagine that in defiance bay while you're in path of the damned.

After completing all the quests and your character being a extremely high damage deler party, Wouldn't that be amazing and also challenging?

Imagine only leaving one merchant alive, and kill everybody in all the cities except that one, then loot everything out there and sell it to that merchant then kill the merchant and his city. Will your party turn against you after all this slaughtering crusade?

sorry for my bad english, I hope y'all to be able to understand what I've just wrote.

I was thinking on killing everybody in Pillars of eternity world, is that possible? I mean, desertic villages and cities, could someone imagine that in defiance bay while you're in path of the damned.

AFAIK the only one you can't kill is Lady Webb. Other than that, enjoy your genocide.

Also for people looking to loot House Doemenel. It's a rich tradition in my playthroughs to antagonize them (Verzano, Nefre, probably another I forgot). You don't even need to be the aggressor. First you intrude on the burglars. I mean sure, you had no business in that house, but they attacked you for it - way over the top - so it was self-defense. Then you found an interesting note which you brought to their employer, and he demanded you steal for him. You refused, and for that he and his family attacked you.

After that they will send assassins after you, and you will lose even more reputation for having the audacity to kill them instead of dying as intended.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!