Intergrated graphics possible?

Akumii

Question

Looking to buy a new laptop. Any one running this game on an I7 laptop with integrated graphic? Would I be better off trying to find an I5 laptop with a 2g ram graphics card? I would find something with 8 gigs of ram either way just trying to figure out if more processing power or a crappy dedicated card would be better for this game.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Most likely a 2015 model so i guess that would be last gen (4th?) i don't really keep up with computer hard ware. Is there a huge difference between gens in say an I5 chip? My current laptop is a 2nd gen I5 i mostly assumed my 2g ram is whats killing its performance for anything game related.  I do need a new laptop. I am just wondering if it would be better to get a slower processor and a crappy dedicated graphics card or just for for an I7?

I'm not terribly familiar with integrated graphics as I've never owned a laptop (Though my dad is using the integrated graphics on his desktop, he doesn't play games). The i7 basically offers Hyper Threading, other than that the i7 and i5 product range are very similar (At least for Desktop components, laptop components might feature different integrated video chips).

Someone else would need to chime in to properly help you. I would probably go for an i5 with a dedicated video card (Like a Geforce 960m or better, or equivalent AMD card) instead of an i7 with integrated graphics.

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU