2 questions about portraits and companions.

Is it possible to change your companions portrait?

I looked around a bit on google and tried my self in companions portrait folders but none of the companions portraits ever changed.

I have been able to get mine to change though (my own character).

Also, the side question, how hard would it be to make a portrait changer for companions like how there is one ingame for your character? (like a mod or something)

Thanks.

Just change the portrait file in the correct folder. Usually it's: 

Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/art/gui/portraits/companion

Make sure you don't change the file name. Just open it up with MSpaint or something and change the picture, making sure to keep the large version 210x330,  and the smaller 76x96

Just change the portrait file in the correct folder. Usually it's: 

Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/art/gui/portraits/companion

Make sure you don't change the file name. Just open it up with MSpaint or something and change the picture, making sure to keep the large version 210x330,  and the smaller 76x96

DHdTlas.jpg

zF7qNDv.jpg

That's exactly how I have it but it still doesn't work in game.

Thoughts?

I just tested my own game, and I was able to change durance and Eder back and forth on an existing game with no problems.  I can't think of why it wouldn't work unless the game is using another path somehow.  I'm guessing you don't use steam to load the game?  Also, you should be doing all this while the game isn't open. You'll have to quit the game, change the picture, then reload. Are you using the newest version of the game?  

It should end up looking like this: 

L5FwMUx.pnglytEeI7.png

Edited by Eliteseraph

I just tested my own game, and I was able to change durance and Eder back and forth on an existing game with no problems.  I can't think of why it wouldn't work unless the game is using another path somehow.  I'm guessing you don't use steam to load the game?  Also, you should be doing all this while the game isn't open. You'll have to quit the game, change the picture, then reload. Are you using the newest version of the game?  

It should end up looking like this: 

L5FwMUx.pnglytEeI7.png

Yeah, no luck here. 

Even deleting the portraits and strarting the game without them has no effect. It's quite strange.

I've tried it on both the latest version and the second to latest.

:(

The only thing I can think of is if your game files are installed in another path somehow.  Again, are you using the steam version, or something else?  Even if you're not, I would HIGHLY recommend checking the steam directory for additional file paths.   You might also try turning off cloud synch.    

If you're not using steam, you could try a complete re-install. Without sitting down at your computer, I can't really say for certain why it wouldn't work. It seems like a simple swap to me, so I can only assume there's something fishy going on with your file paths.