Apparently there has now been two nights of right-wing groups vandalizing Kebab-shops and beating up random brown people in Leipzig. The pushback is starting and the spiral deepens; of course the political elite is completely flabbergasted. 

Links ?

Isn't Leipzig considered a right wing hotbed in Germany?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And just a few days ago the Mein Kampf was printed for the first time in Germany since its banning. Talk about pro-active business decisions loloolololo

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I am of the opinion that the "Ignore function", blocking or similar either perpetuates this hugbox, inclusively enclosed spaces-mentality that we already see in western campuses, or that it is just a manifestation of it.

Maybe that is what has happened with the media in Germany as well. The actions in Cologne happened on New Years Eve, but was first covered up, then ignored for a week and then finally admitted. Hmmm..., maybe there's a thesis or a study about this somewhere....

I see the ignore function as equivilent to the real world ability to walk away from Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park.  Sometimes its best just not to engage eye contact. :p

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And just a few days ago the Mein Kampf was printed for the first time in Germany since its banning. Talk about pro-active business decisions loloolololo

At this rate we might have a unique anniversary in 23 years. Just enough for current wave of immigrants to bring another generation to adulthood.

"Basic human rights of refugees" is a relative thing. When Serbian refugees were pouring in from the ethnic cleansing in Croatia, no one in Europe shed a tear for them. Certainly no tents and baked goods lying in wait at the railway stations. If they could get in those countries in the first place). And they couldn't because while they could apply for asylum and such, in practice they weren't going to get it.

Maybe Victoria Nuland turns out to be the right after all.

While the Germans are rehearsing Kristallnacht Leipzig in barbaric Serbia: 

https://www.facebook.com/sernemanja/videos/10208335648809593/

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Apparently there has now been two nights of right-wing groups vandalizing Kebab-shops and beating up random brown people in Leipzig. The pushback is starting and the spiral deepens; of course the political elite is completely flabbergasted. 

Links ?

https://archive.is/fw65Q

https://archive.is/YExUK

It's their own Morlocks, yes.

A police officer shares his stories: (run google translate you lazy bastards!)

http://www.oe24.at/welt/Wir-duerfen-Fluechtlinge-nicht-einmal-festhalten/219471096

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Basic human rights of refugees" is a relative thing. When Serbian refugees were pouring in from the ethnic cleansing in Croatia, no one in Europe shed a tear for them. Certainly no tents and baked goods lying in wait at the railway stations. If they could get in those countries in the first place). And they couldn't because while they could apply for asylum and such, in practice they weren't going to get it.

Drowsy despite what you may think about what motivates me I don't think Serbia or Serbs are criminals or are the only guilty party in the whole Bosnia and Kosvo conflict. Until Sarex said one day that he thinks most of the world has a negative view of Serbs I never had any negative  view of Serbia and I still don't. I don't understand the history of the whole Yugoslavia animosity and I still dont understand why it appears the various ex-Yugoslav countries resent each other You should know that what white people did, and I am a part of that indirectly, in South African during Apartheid was much worse than any perceived human rights abuses Serbia may or may not have committed so I am not trying to embarrass you and I definitely dont think I am better than you so sorry for any misunderstandings about this  

But I don't want to fight with you about this, I just want to ask you one question. You said you are 28 so how would you have remembered details about the war in 1992 if you were 5? The reason I raise this is dont you think its possible what people told you about the conflict may not be necessarily true or perhaps a little biased?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Links ?

https://archive.is/fw65Q

https://archive.is/YExUK

It's their own Morlocks, yes.

A police officer shares his stories: (run google translate you lazy bastards!)

http://www.oe24.at/welt/Wir-duerfen-Fluechtlinge-nicht-einmal-festhalten/219471096

Okay I am  not an expert on German social culture but I doubt this represents a rejection of the overall refugee integration?

I know Germany has always had a element of skinheard\neo-Nazi and to be honest  I am very surprised it took them this long to riot...I would have expected this type of reaction from the beginning?

John Milton 

I think that Germany is little scared of looking bad in eyes of rest of world, little schizma after WW2, thats why east europe have more sceptical view on it, not sure what is going in France tho

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I think that Germany is little scared of looking bad in eyes of rest of world, little schizma after WW2, thats why east europe have more sceptical view on it, not sure what is going in France tho

you need to remember that French tanks historically have only reverse gear, so there is that.

Drowsy despite what you may think about what motivates me I don't think Serbia or Serbs are criminals or are the only guilty party in the whole Bosnia and Kosvo conflict. Until Sarex said one day that he thinks most of the world has a negative view of Serbs I never had any negative  view of Serbia and I still don't. I don't understand the history of the whole Yugoslavia animosity and I still dont understand why it appears the various ex-Yugoslav countries resent each other You should know that what white people did, and I am a part of that indirectly, in South African during Apartheid was much worse than any perceived human rights abuses Serbia may or may not have committed so I am not trying to embarrass you and I definitely dont think I am better than you so sorry for any misunderstandings about this  

But I don't want to fight with you about this, I just want to ask you one question. You said you are 28 so how would you have remembered details about the war in 1992 if you were 5? The reason I raise this is dont you think its possible what people told you about the conflict may not be necessarily true or perhaps a little biased?

Naturally I don't remember much of it. But since it colored everything that happened so many years later its inevitable that one learns about it. Besides, I have an interest in history and politics so I read up on it.  People can be biased either way, I don't really put much stock in anecdotal evidence.

But saying that there was an ethnic cleansing in Croatia in not anecdotal. That's not based on hearsay, just on the fact that 150 to 200 thousand people were displaced by force (or fled fearing death). Those people were later registered in Serbia and, naturally, records of the places where they were born and lived (Croatia) exist. Those are the sort of indisputable facts that are worth using in a discussion. 

As for the refugees, many did emigrate across Europe, if they had a way to get past the administrative hoops, but there was nothing like the current media and political support for them - just like there wasn't much mention of the Ukrainian refugees recently (which are quite numerous). 

• Like 1

Naturally I don't remember much of it. But since it colored everything that happened so many years later its inevitable that one learns about it. Besides, I have an interest in history and politics so I read up on it.  People can be biased either way, I don't really put much stock in anecdotal evidence.

But saying that there was an ethnic cleansing in Croatia in not anecdotal. That's not based on hearsay, just on the fact that 150 to 200 thousand people were displaced by force (or fled fearing death). Those people were later registered in Serbia and, naturally, records of the places where they were born and lived (Croatia) exist. Those are the sort of indisputable facts that are worth using in a discussion. 

As for the refugees, many did emigrate across Europe, if they had a way to get past the administrative hoops, but there was nothing like the current media and political support for them - just like there wasn't much mention of the Ukrainian refugees recently (which are quite numerous). 

Okay well I'm glad we had this chat because when you and Sarex both felt I was trolling you guys of course it bothered me  because all I really was trying to say was " its okay to admit we have had histories around our countries " 

And yet I clearly never made  my point in that way....and you have to understand for me I see what Apartheid has done and how as a white person I am basically unaffected. But my intention was never to sound like I was judging your country, I respect the fact you are proud of Serbia. I think its important to be patriotic and we may disagree on topics like NATO and the West but thats not a personal attack on you. End of day you and I have more in common than you realize...I want an EU that incorporates Serbia and is an example of economic success and political stability and is on very good terms with Russia which will always be its own empire, I just feel Serbia should align with the EU

You see the real potential enemy to my vision is not USA\Russian tension or Capitalism its groups like ISIS which really would happily destroy everything ...and I mean that...that we consider sacred. You cannot reason or negotiate with that type of extremism. It really seems silly for us to debate over Ukraine when we have much more pressing concerns :) 

John Milton 

Oops, messed up.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The conspiracy theorist in me knows that what goes on in France and England is related to the Jews...but in reality it may have to be with their culture and the focus on White guilt since it seems that it mostly prevalent in countries that have had colonies in the past. Of course this only happens on Western countries since everyone else still lives on the real world with the real issues and don't have to look that far back for stuff to deal with.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The conspiracy theorist in me knows that what goes on in France and England is related to the Jews...but in reality it may have to be with their culture and the focus on White guilt since it seems that it mostly prevalent in countries that have had colonies in the past. Of course this only happens on Western countries since everyone else still lives on the real world with the real issues and don't have to look that far back for stuff to deal with.

Related to the Jews . . . you can't be serious. This has nothing to do with them on any level.

Related to the Jews . . . you can't be serious. This has nothing to do with them on any level.

Don't know, but the push for multiculturalism does seem to have strong ties to Jewish lead organizations and media groups. Whether this is merely because they are reactive to trends or because they're actively pushing towards is a point of contention. Although there have been some statements made by marginal groups and individuals with extreme personalities which don't amount to much evidence its enough for some people to build their theories. After all, when have conspiracy theorists needed much evidence. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Snip

After all, when have conspiracy theorists needed much evidence. 

lol. This!

What I find utterly insane is my nutty, conservative grandparents predicted this ****. It was new world order conspiracy theories and the liberal media covering it all up. And yet here we are. On both sides of the pond, the media looked the other way.

Edited by Gorth
CIrcumventing language filter

Don't know, but the push for multiculturalism does seem to have strong ties to Jewish lead organizations and media groups...The conspiracy theorist in me knows that what goes on in France and England is related to the Jews...but in reality it may have to be with their culture

??

Please humor us, i have been loving conspiracy theories ever since i saw X-Files back in the day.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

new boom boom in Jakarta, next stop Malaysia?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Was the use of the dead boy in things like the below link tacky?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/aylan-kurdis-death-recreated-30-6415214

If you are outraged by this cartoon, then equally you should have been outraged by the used of a dead boy as propaganda. Many lives could have been saved had people not been encouraged to risk themselves on rickety boats. Especially when they were already safe in Turkey.

People who are outraged by this cartoon are missing the point. And there's a lot of questions the cartoon asks.