To put it even more simple:

All nations have their own Eloi and Morlocks. The number and how rowdy the Morlocks are might shift a bit, but the main point is that they are a bad bunch and we have laws, norms and code of conduct to keep them in order. Our law abiding, nice and innocent Eloi have told us that importing more Eloi's from other countries will make the host country full of more nice Eloi's who chat about different food recipies, dance moves and interesting festivals. So the great Mother of all Eloi's said that the Eloi's are all welcome.

Turns out we got the Morlocks instead. So now we have a different kind of Morlocks behaving very badly in a new way which is different compared to what the our Morlocks were behaving from before and thus, we have instead a bunch of new Morlock problems not experienced before.

But our Eloi refuse to believe it and actively try to say that the Morlocks are still Eloi and we are being very bad for mistaking them for being Morlocks; going so far as covering up facts about what the new Morlocks are up to, and blame our Eloi for Morlock behaviour not even conducted by our Morlocks.

Many feel that bringing in the new Morlocks during summer and fall was a mistake and should be thrown out. But our Eloi do not like that and think that throwing out someone elses Morlocks makes us Morlocks even if it was our Eloi that started the mess in the first place.

This story is still in development so you have to wait a while for the ending.

:lol:

Thats a funny analogy

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You make some good points Ros, I respect your positive attitude

The only advice I would give you is dont see this whole integration based on whether the refugees will commit any crime. Because I guarantee you even in Denmark there will be the odd issue of some refugee doing something illegal. And I don't want you to become jaded like many of our other friends on this forum 

I just hope the majority of refugees find work and can contribute to the overall society they live in....because a future of social grants isn't going to make them very popular 

I live in the most multicultural part of Denmark, smack in the middle of what most would call a "ghetto" - so I have front row to this crime - and see how utterly exaggerated it is on social media and in the news. The thing is however - it's precisely the same as when I lived in a predominately poor white neighborhood, except without the media attention. Most would say it's very marxist of me, but as a result I see it much more as a monetary and socio-economic issue than a racial or cultural one.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

The only advice I would give you is dont see this whole integration based on whether the refugees will commit any crime. Because I guarantee you even in Denmark there will be the odd issue of some refugee doing something illegal. And I don't want you to become jaded like many of our other friends on this forum 

I just hope the majority of refugees find work and can contribute to the overall society they live in....because a future of social grants isn't going to make them very popular 

I live in the most multicultural part of Denmark, smack in the middle of what most would call a "ghetto" - so I have front row to this crime - and see how utterly exaggerated it is on social media and in the news. The thing is however - it's precisely the same as when I lived in a predominately poor white neighborhood, except without the media attention. Most would say it's very marxist of me, but as a result I see it much more as a monetary and socio-economic issue than a racial or cultural one.

The news always clings to fear-mongering ****, always has.

For me personally the only refugees here are....****ing adorable. The half of them are begging for food and money like you'd expect, but the other half...? They are on their feet and coming to terms with life in Germany, which means most of them have their first iPhone ever. You can pick them out on the streets real easy cause they're the guys walking around taking selfies or filming with like 3+ friends looking at the phone simultaneously.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So you want to tell me that what they believe in has 0 influence? I agree o monetary-educational conditions but the matter of religous views is also a factor and in their case quite a big one as it is taking over the way of life. Even in US there were issues recently that muslim immigrant workers were fired because they wanted to pray 5 times a day all at the same time and did not want to go in smaller groups in order to avoid heavy dsiruption of the production cycle.

I waging that your use of dialectic materialism hinders you to asses the situation correctly.

Always a friendly reminder: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But lets not focus on the new Morlocks, lets see how the next generation Morlocks, who have lived their whole lives in Germany, who also by all means should have gone through the proper reconditioning supplemented by the Eloi, really think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jD6CN6uGZs

Come on man, why are you Eloi so lazy? You have just put lipstick on a pig so far. I am dissapointed :(

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I waging that your use of dialectic materialism hinders you to asses the situation correctly.

Always a friendly reminder: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Meshugger you are giving the Muslim community in Western countries far too much influence

Of course most Muslims would like Sharia law implemented...but that doesn't mean it will happen. In South Africa I see this all the time, South African Muslims on the various radio stations phone and indirectly suggest that

No one listens to it, people are entitled to there opinion. Sharia will never become enforced in Western countries unless Muslims become the majority and change the Constitution ...and that wont happen so dont worry about that happening 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Meshugger you are giving the Muslim community in Western countries far too much influence

Of course most Muslims would like Sharia law implemented...but that doesn't mean it will happen. In South Africa I see this all the time, South African Muslims on the various radio stations phone and indirectly suggest that

No one listens to it, people are entitled to there opinion. Sharia will never become enforced in Western countries unless Muslims become the majority and change the Constitution ...and that wont happen so dont worry about that happening 

lol, you should be a spokeperson for immigration. But not for the right reasons.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Of course most Muslims would like Sharia law implemented...

I feel you need something to back up this claim. It's like saying most christians would like to ban sex before marriage. Some certainly would, but most? Very doubtful.

I feel you need something to back up this claim. It's like saying most christians would like to ban sex before marriage. Some certainly would, but most? Very doubtful.

Why wouldn't your average Muslim want Sharia law? Its the basic law for Islam...this is not a criticism of Muslims but this is what many of them would naturally think is best. 

I have traveled and worked throughout the Middle  East and I have engaged in many debates with Muslims and many of them think Sharia is an effective system 

It may just be my experience?

John Milton 

What a coincidence, you can find the percentage of muslims favouring Sharia in the link from before, and more, and how!

It's fun!

It's super-awesome!

It's here!

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What a coincidence, you can find the percentage of muslims favouring Sharia in the link from before, and more, and how!

It's fun!

It's super-awesome!

It's here!

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Oh just to clarify something, when I said " most Muslims would prefer Sharia law" this doesn't mean  they expect Western countries to change or they will work surreptitiously to change the current law  . No they realize they live in a country that obviously isn't Islamic ....but they still can have there preference 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

did you read it?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Dont you think it can change when they became majority?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well that is almost impossible in any Western country and then they would have to change the Constitution of there adopted country 

Do you seriously think somehow Muslim refugees are going to become the dominant group in any European country? I dont think there are enough of them and the EU would never allow that number of refugees in to any country

John Milton 

Well that is almost impossible in any Western country and then they would have to change the Constitution of there adopted country 

Do you seriously think somehow Muslim refugees are going to become the dominant group in any European country? I dont think there are enough of them and the EU would never allow that number of refugees in to any country

Well its not only about immigration but also about birth rate, you know, they dont use birth control...

Why wouldn't your average Muslim want Sharia law? Its the basic law for Islam...this is not a criticism of Muslims but this is what many of them would naturally think is best. 

I have traveled and worked throughout the Middle  East and I have engaged in many debates with Muslims and many of them think Sharia is an effective system 

It may just be my experience?

The problem is the statement itself is very loaded. A lot of people reading that would immudiatly assume that people in favor are one step away from ISIS. Where's in reality it's obviously a bit more complicated. Like for example this article says that almost half of russian muslims want sharia law. With the exception of Chechnya that has its own problems, unrelated to Islam, i would've never guessed that they do because it's not really an issue in any way shape or form, not that i know of at least. The vast majority of russian muslims aren't going to behead anyone anytime soon. So this study says 42% support sharia law, but what does it actually mean in reality? What exactly do this people support? "The survey also show that Muslims differ widely in how they interpret certain aspects of sharia, including whether divorce and family planning are morally acceptable." That's what i mean. Saying most muslims support sharia law is misleading since most of them can't even agree on what it's supposed to be in the first place. 

Also, ask christians if they support 10 commandments. :) Most i imagine would say "Well, of course i do!". But how many actually follow all of them? :)

Edited by Sakai

Well its not only about immigration but also about birth rate, you know, they dont use birth control...

.... ugh... That is probably the most tiresome argument ever conceived. Immigrant birth rates are dropping more than twice as fast as native ones. Birth rate has been linked to level of education again and again and again.. Not "lack of control" or "inferior culture" or "a desire to invade us from within by outbreeding us".

It's actually a concern for many who want a booming western industry, as the the declining birthrates of Europe and even immigrants, mean that immigration is not gonna help our age problem. [1] [2]*

* a study produced by a pro-immigration group.

Always a friendly reminder: http://www.pewforum....ciety-overview/

Not particular surprising, or out of line with my own observations - how does this hinder me in seeing the situation correctly? Do you think strict Legal Moralism is reserved for Muslims? Most conservative Christians will also tell you that laws should be based on Christian morality.. and not long ago the vast majority would go a lot further than that - you found similar desires for similar laws, curtailing sexuality and repressing women, also based on religious creed.

How did we combat this? The answer to that question is how we successfully integrate immigrants from similar backgrounds in modern society.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

.... ugh... That is probably the most tiresome argument ever conceived. Immigrant birth rates are dropping more than twice as fast as native ones. Birth rate has been linked to level of education again and again and again.. Not "lack of control" or "inferior culture" or "a desire to invade us from within by outbreeding us".

..ugh... I know few christian families and they are pretty big as well, not sure whats so triggering by stating that religious people don't use birth control...

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm taking offense to the underlying assumptions.. rather than the blanket generalizations, although they are pretty bad as well.

not sure what assumption are you talking about, care to elaborate?

Fortune favors the bald.