They weren't prepared and understaffed. One of the victims groped was a female officer. And maybe there really are no-go zones in the EU, where police don't bother confronting such behavior.

There are no go zones in France, I know that for sure, and they are not even that far away from major cities. In Bosnia there are whole villages that are barricaded and are suspect as terrorist training grounds.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

You should have hanged every singe one of them connected to organized crime and deported some as an example to the others, so that they're less likely to cover for the criminals they know. I don't give a flying **** about the nationality of criminals. On the other hand, if you didn't jump on the train to making Yugoslavia a hellhole most of them wouldn't have come in the first place.

No need for that. It was mostly solved with more international cooperation in law enforcement matters, and better laws that targeted specific practices and allowed judges to do their jobs more effectively. See? We didn't need to hang anybody, and no mass deportations were required. We call this "civilization". In fact, we consider it barbaric when countries hang offenders at the drop of a hat and inflict collective punishments on minorities. But that wouldn't make us barbarians, right?

It is baffling and yet not really surprising, however, how your stance has changed immediately. Now only those "connected to organized crime" should have been punished (with which I agree), instead of flat out kicking everyone out, as you suggested previously. Care to explain why? Can't be because they are your countrymen, no siree.

I'm not going to bother addressing the rest of your post — it's just your typical übermenschen wankery. All rhetorics and no substance.

Actually the sense of superiority is all yours - conveniently stepping around the fact that Yugoslavs, Russians, Chinese, Danes or whoever aren't committing terrorist acts in the countries they emigrate to, don't pray in churches that preach the "downfall of the west", volunteer en masse to fight for the most barbaric entity since Genghis Khan or molest women on a massive scale - and aren't in the news every day because of some violent event or other even though the media is doing as much as possible to keep it quiet. Its so ****ing obvious that it shouldn't have to be stated - that not all of them are doing it, but enough are that its a problem with no solution in sight and there is serious and obvious Europe wide discontent with how the issue is handled that only someone who chooses to be blind can ignore.

If I was such a ****ing nazi as you suggest I'd just cross my arms and enjoy everything that's happening because if this goes as it has now it won't be long before we're back to those times.

All rhetoric indeed. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Actually the sense of superiority is all yours - conveniently stepping around the fact that Yugoslavs, Russians, Chinese, Danes or whoever aren't committing terrorist acts in the countries they emigrate to, don't pray in churches that preach the "downfall of the west", volunteer en masse to fight for the most barbaric entity since Genghis Khan or molest women on a massive scale - and aren't in the news every day because of some violent event or other even though the media is doing as much as possible to keep it quiet. Its so ****ing obvious that it shouldn't have to be stated - that not all of them are doing it, but enough are that its a problem with no solution in sight and there is serious and obvious Europe wide discontent with how the issue is handled that only someone who chooses to be blind can ignore.

If I was such a ****ing nazi as you suggest I'd just cross my arms and enjoy everything that's happening because if this goes as it has now it won't be long before we're back to those times.

All rhetoric indeed. 

No one is ignoring any of it. People simply think it's not exactly fair to judge millions of people by actions of a tiny minority. Like it wouldn't be fair to say that all Serbs are borderline fascists just by looking at you. I'm sure most of them are lovely people.

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 3

So, no solutions yet?

The clock is ticking folks. I do not think i have to remind you on what usually happens when germans find themselves cornered, historically speaking. Somewhere, maybe now, maybe in the near future, there will be a guy in a local beer hall ranting about what should be done; and it is not solutions in terms of tolerance, but of the other kind. But instead of dismissing him as a lunatic, people who are completely fed up, will start to listen, and history will repeat itself.

For example here in the north, there are already volunteer street patrols emerging, calling themselves names like "The sons of Odin" and such, which isn't exactly what i would call a positive development, but they are the natural response when people feel like they are not safe in their own streets anymore. Just saying "you must judge" will not be adequate.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All rhetoric indeed. 

No one is ignoring any of it. People simply think it's not exactly fair to judge millions of people by actions of a tiny minority. Like it wouldn't be fair to say that all Serbs are borderline fascists just by looking at you. I'm sure most of them are lovely people.

Aww, is the little liberal feeling offended?

Let me educate you, in case you haven't looked at an atlas lately: there are more than billion muslims in this world with dozens of states that are, for all intents and purposes, muslim exclusive societies with Islam as a state religion (and no desire to accommodate anyone else with habitual persecution of local minorities). These are not the "Jews of Europe" , the Islamic world is huge. You can no more "discriminate against it" or "judge it" than you can discriminate against or judge the Chinese or the Indians. Such judgments are so stupid and pointless that they're not even worth making.

What we are talking about here is importing that culture into one that's completely different to it for no reason other than a failing ideological experiment of turning Europe into the USA. And you act like its an obligation, because its hip and cool and it makes you feel good that you can pretend to be a citizen of the world and a "good Samaritan". Have breakfast while reading the tweets of Dalai Lama, do some yoga after that, visit a Mosque later so you can Instagram your picture with a taqiyah, eat a falafel, complain that Putin is an oppressive dictator over a cappuccino, rile against the patriarchy , rinse repeat but never, ever look two steps ahead to to consider that the real world might not resemble your ideological fantasy and ponder how things might turn out a few years later or that doing something tasteless today might potentially save everyone a lot of misery down the line.

Aww, is the little liberal feeling offended?

Why would i be offended? And by what exactly? I'm simply stating what seems to be the obvious. You're incredibly xenophobic, you like dictatorships, and hate West. If that's not fascism, then what is? Though at the end of the day particular definitions are irrelevant. Call yourself what you wish, it won't change who you are. And just for the record, i don't use Instagram, don't go to Mosques, and don't "rile against patriarchy".  :grin:

Nah, I don't dislike strangers, am indifferent to dictatorships and the West is nothing to me. What I do detest though, are slavic neo-liberals, because those originating from the west can at least claim they're standing by their own ideology for better or ill and you are just... following through? Parroting what you read on BBC? Putin bad, west gud?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Nah, I don't dislike strangers, am indifferent to dictatorships and the West is nothing to me. What I do detest though, are slavic neo-liberals, because those originating from the west can at least claim they're standing by their own ideology for better or ill and you are just... following through? Parroting what you read on BBC? Putin bad, west gud?

Huh? Are you suggesting that liberalism is somehow a "western" thing, and since i was born in Russia i can't possibly come to it on my own? What kind of twisted logic is that? If you want to know, my views are heavily influenced by Indian mystics and their philosophy. You could say i'm an amatuer philosopher myself, and that's where most of my views come from. Or at least the basics on which they are based. And Putin is "bad" because i can see the consuquences of his rule with my own eyes. Corruption destroys everything and everyone. I don't particularly like corruption, hence i want him gone. Do you like it? Also, i don't view the world as black and white. There are, for the most part, shades of grey. Some things are better, some things are worse. 

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 1

And Putin is "bad" because i can see the consuquences of his rule with my own eyes. Corruption destroys everything and everyone. I don't particularly like corruption, hence i want him gone. Do you like it?

Point me in the direction of any country that is a super-power but isn't corrupt. He may be "corrupt", but he is extremely competent. I would trade that for all the honest (HAHA!) politicians in my country.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Point me in the direction of any country that is a super-power but isn't corrupt. He may be "corrupt", but he is extremely competent. I would trade that for all the honest (HAHA!) politicians in my country.

I doubt you have any idea of what you're talking about. 

• Like 1

We decided to go with the wall, seeing as it's THE historically proven method for keeping intellectuals in.... Errr I mean undesirables out!

Forcibly draft them into an auxiliary force for NATO to topple Assad is one of the better ideas I read today. *nod*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, no solutions yet?

The clock is ticking folks. I do not think i have to remind you on what usually happens when germans find themselves cornered, historically speaking. Somewhere, maybe now, maybe in the near future, there will be a guy in a local beer hall ranting about what should be done; and it is not solutions in terms of tolerance, but of the other kind. But instead of dismissing him as a lunatic, people who are completely fed up, will start to listen, and history will repeat itself.

For example here in the north, there are already volunteer street patrols emerging, calling themselves names like "The sons of Odin" and such, which isn't exactly what i would call a positive development, but they are the natural response when people feel like they are not safe in their own streets anymore. Just saying "you must judge" will not be adequate.

The solution to everything is to grow a pair.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

We decided to go with the wall, seeing as it's THE historically proven method for keeping intellectuals in.... Errr I mean undesirables out!

Forcibly draft them into an auxiliary force for NATO to topple Assad is one of the better ideas I read today. *nod*

Then why don't make them stay and fight for their country in the first place, only taking in women and children until the war is over?

*edit* Scratch women and children, lets say only temporarily accept children and those unable to fight, there are many Kurdish women who are more than able to fight.

Heck, where are the Ukrainian refugees?

I'm pretty sure that pumping all the money and effort into support for Assad instead of into handling the refugee crisis would have had a great positive impact on the war. Every day more infra structure gets damaged, every day that passes the end of the war is moving more and more into distance, every day that passes makes rebuilding more difficult.

But instead of helping to win the fight and keeping casualties and damage as low as possible we tell the population of an entire nation to leave their country and move in. And what happens? Chaos, confusion, misunderstandings - and as we all know running away from problems don't make them go away, the war will eventually follow the refugees into their new homes.

From all the possible solutions for the Iran crisis the current approach is by FAR the worst one.

Heck, I know if my country was under attack by extremists I would stay and fight, and I'm pretty sure everybody would expect that from those who are able to fight, I'm certain the neighboring countries would not take in any deserters.

Besides, I probably would not have any other choice anyway, I would be drafted into service and fleeing from my duty, insubordination or desertion would mean court-martial.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

And Putin is "bad" because i can see the consuquences of his rule with my own eyes. Corruption destroys everything and everyone. I don't particularly like corruption, hence i want him gone.

Lol. Do you even imagine what force can replace him?   

neuromancer-2.jpg

Trust me - such liberal pro-west politician as Putin is best choice for members of your tribe. Any other alternative ended by gasenwagen for you.

Streets of Berlin during New Years Eve

I thought that the germans had banned guns.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In order to understand what happened Cologne and in other German cities on New Years Eve, you guys should read up about an Arab phenomena called "Taharrush Gamea".

http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article150813517/Das-Phaenomen-taharrush-gamea-ist-in-Deutschland-angekommen.html

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Heck, where are the Ukrainian refugees?

In Poland actually. 300 - 400.000 estimated, hard working, making a better future for them and their families, making no problem for fellow Slavs.

Actually more went to Russia.

And even in Poland there is a clear sentiment that men are not welcomed.

In order to understand what happened Cologne and in other German cities on New Years Eve, you guys should read up about an Arab phenomena called "Taharrush Gamea".

http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article150813517/Das-Phaenomen-taharrush-gamea-ist-in-Deutschland-angekommen.html

Did I miss anything or did the article really fail to impart anything informational about the phenomena other than its name?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Just curious, how many people here actually speak German?

I'm sitting here wondering if the people discussing this video and the article actually fully understand the context or not.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

What? No, you can still legally own firearms in Germany if you have been a member of a shooting club for more than one year, you have the required documents and you can prove you need a very specific gun for a specific shooting discipline. Then you get the permission to buy a firearm for this very discipline. You can also only buy one gun in 6 months, and every single gun needs to be justified as previously mentioned. You also need to request some kind of permission from the local police, but I do not remember the exact procedure. 

I'm pretty sure those guns in the video were legal firearms from competitive law abiding target shooters. *sarcasm off*.  :grin: 

Just curious, how many people here actually speak German?

I'm sitting here wondering if the people discussing this video and the article actually fully understand the context or not.

German is my first language.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I am no expert, but aren't this gas pistols? They aren't banned here. Ofc it is usually not the smartest idea to wield them in public.

Other than that, I'd like to have them all removed from my country simply because of rocket shooting into people. This counts for everyone who does this. There was at least one report about a 27 years old woman who got her leg blown off this time, just because some idiot thought it would be funny to point a crappy czech battery into a group of people. Yeah, and the throwing and shooting of firecrackers on police and firefighters is really low.

/Edit: About guns in general- just imagine germans would be carrying guns as well... what do people believe would have happened then? A huge shootout on the streets with real guns instead of firecrackers? Would that be so much better? I doubt.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."