Azzuro the merchant

Thought I'd go for the old grave dig, anyway... does Azzuro have memory? As in, if he's offered you and item in the past is he now less likely to offer you that item again in the future or at least consecutively?

I'm at a stage currently where I was offered Hiro's Mantle while traveling a large distance (ironically to get Azzuro to leave my Stronghold after his dilemma as I thought that's when he offered you items, but apparently a doppelgänger can show up too and sell you stuff during that period) and given the context I thought, "Well that was a strange bug, still I'm sure he'll offer it again soon," however now all I'm getting are his crap items now I've built up sufficient fat stacks to chain rest at the Stronghold - with Hiro's Mantle being the last item he offered me.

I pretty much need it for my current build to be good, Sura's Supper Plate would be a very short term solution as my build really benefits from having a bash shield too. If a dev has any idea of whether he offers items consecutively after "rejecting" it first time round (or someone else who has witnessed it first hand, however information surrounding Azzuro is always shaky) I would really appreciate it. I'm fine sinking a good couple of hours into this before giving up hope and trying to progress anyway (which I already have done past the point I thought I would without a Retaliation item a little bit) but if I'm literally trying for the impossible I obviously don't want to waste my time.

EDIT: Never mind, I've seen him offer me Wurmwool consecutively without me taking him up on his first offer - so it must be possible. I've even been offered Hiro's Mantle (not consecutively, with his other garbage in between), however because the damn Stronghold announcements are too slow I've rested past the initial offer without even realising (there's enough of a delay that the offer for an item can still pop up even after Azzuro's left  :facepalm:). On the plus side, I've realised that with +50 security you no longer seemingly ever deal with Stronghold attacks.

So now I'm having to chain rest at a slightly moderate speed, but not too fast that I miss the juicy offers - what an unimaginable thrill ride I'm having. Whoever on the dev team thought Azzuro was a dandy idea needs a good flogging, and no I'm not going to sink to consoling myself the item - that's what you want me to do.

Edited by Jojobobo

I finished WM2, Chapter 3, all quests except LLengrath, all bounties, I´m about to go to endgame and Azzuro has NEVER shown up in my stronghold. (fully upgraded some time ago)

Bug?

I've had 5 complete playthroughs (2 with DLC) and he hasn't showed up once. He's basically a myth for me.

Also never had Azzuro show up. In my last play through I really wanted that damn shield for my PC, really just for the looks. I made sure to rush the stronghold, got my prestige up to 61 early with special visitors by mid act 2, then did the whole White March, advanced every quest I could find. By the end of Act 3 the stronghold had ran out of quests and special events as I was only getting the old 'Grand Adventure' and 'Major Adventure' events. And he still didn't turn up. Screw you Azzuro.

Thing is, I know I can cheat the shield in, and did at one point, but had to roll back to an earlier save as it just didn't feel right, y'know?

Your fun is wrong.

Guys , azzuro is a visitor , those show up by passing time not by passing stronghold turns . Go to Stormwall Gorge and pass time at the ruins thing, and he will come sooner or later , you will have to solve his dilema first before he starts coming to sell stuff , then you can just pass time until he sells something you need ,, you can get as many of same item as you want that way too , for example hiro cloak for everyone in a party , or 12 rimecutters 0_o good luck 

Edited by Blunderboss

• 10 months later...