Could anyone recommend a good place to look at a walkthrough for getting going on a solo playthrough as far as which quests, etc to do. I'm thinking of going my first solo attempt on a wiz soon.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzscMCQ3321tZnhMkVkMjshoDKzyRRf2s

Wizard isn't that far yet, but the paladin is quite far. :)

Thaos dead! Solo PotD Ranger done!

Thaos was kinda annoying. I’m actually not entirely sure about the mechanics but it seems impossible to hit him with anything during the beginning of the fight. I even went back to respec so I ended up with 26per + Vicious Aim + Stalkers Link + Weapon Focus + Marksman + Accurate Wound shot + I’m woodelf + Warpaint potion……… Still can’t hit him. I tried the ring with arcane dampener to try to remove his buffs but surprise surprise that missed as well :p

So instead I just focused on splitting the three fellas up and killing the statues by tanking them with summon, rooting them in place and stunning them with Lenas Er.

When they died I had no summons left and mr. bear had decided to take a nap in the middle of everything so I kinda thought I was screwed. But as it turns out Thaos has limited spells like any other spellcaster, so after I dodged a few pillars of flame he ran out of spells and started chasing me… which turned out to be a bit of a mistake on his part since I had boots of speed :) And I guess his buffs expired as well, because suddenly my hit chance went from 0 to 100 %, so after running in circles for a few mins he died.

Edited by Harsk
  • Like 1

Thaos was kinda annoying. I’m actually not entirely sure about the mechanics but it seems impossible to hit him with anything during the beginning of the fight. I even went back to respec so I ended up with 26per + Vicious Aim + Stalkers Link + Weapon Focus + Marksman + Accurate Wound shot + I’m woodelf + Warpaint potion……… Still can’t hit him. I tried the ring with arcane dampener to try to remove his buffs but surprise surprise that missed as well :p

So instead I just focused on splitting the three fellas up and killing the statues by tanking them with summon, rooting them in place and stunning them with Lenas Er.

When they died I had no summons left and mr. bear had decided to take a nap in the middle of everything so I kinda thought I was screwed. But as it turns out Thaos has limited spells like any other spellcaster, so after I dodged a few pillars of flame he ran out of spells and started chasing me… which turned out to be a bit of a mistake on his part since I had boots of speed :) And I guess his buffs expired as well, because suddenly my hit chance went from 0 to 100 %, so after running in circles for a few mins he died.

Yeah for the first 45 secs or smth you can't reliably hit him. :)

Wow you played that through real fast, did you play completionist or just beat the game?

Well whilst I'm not currently in a position to solo the game, this thread did make me feel better about one thing: ogre druids! I had assumed I was just playing badly because they seemed like such a jump in difficulty when you meet them in Od Nua (followed, in my opinion, by an easier floor afterwards) but apparently I am not the only person who hates them :)

• Like 2

No, they are really tough.

They are casters with powerful spells, they have very high ACC, 10 DR and tons of endurance. If you can't disable them at the beginning of the fight or give them a "sacrifice" like a summon and then kill them quickly you will experience a tough fight.

They also like to snipe your squishies with Stag's Horn. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

At the beginning of the fight Thaos casts buffs on him and for over 1min he has something like 180 def. However you shouldn't focus on him anyway because you can't kill him first (when he's low on endurance he will cast a shield of invulnerability on him until one of the statues is dead and then comes back with full endurance). Also Twinned Arrows coupled with Persistance would kill them much faster. If you keep the statues moving while he's buffing himself he will buff just himself and the statues will be easy to kill. Also Thaos has unlimited spells, but he has a pattern which can be interrupted under some circumstances.

PS. I suppose you skipped a lot of content if you already finished the game...

Edited by Kaylon

Yeah for the first 45 secs or smth you can't reliably hit him. :)

Wow you played that through real fast, did you play completionist or just beat the game?

I didn’t clear all content, but I did more than I had to. I killed Raedric for example. I also tried undead Raedric, but on the roof there’s no room to kite so it’s VERY hard, possibly impossible.

If anyone else is considering trying out solo I would definitely recommend a ranger. If you do what the kind people on this forum suggested, always use Mr. Bear to kite anything you wanna kill away from its original spawn, you can deal with almost anything. Also, if you put 3 points in athletics you can pretty much keep going forever since all your abilities are pr. combat. The only tricky part is the few fights where you have to fights in a small room. For instance the tower in Heritage Hill, the ‘His Old Self’ sidequest and the Sanatorium mainquests where Thaos turns all the inmates against you. But you just have to go around going whatever quests you can until you get strong enough to go back and do those.

A tip for killing ogre druids (or any other annoying mobs), well it’s a bit cheesy but w/e... First you kite the mob away from its friends with Mr. Bear (or someone else who’s fast). Then you keep on kiting until the mob decides it’s no fun to chase you anymore and that it would rather go home and watch TV. When it turns around to go back that’s when you shoot it with your bow. The mob will then start chasing you again but as soon as you start running away again the mob turn around to go back again. Then you shot it again. Run away. Shot again. Etc. etc. You can actually have you ranger just stand still and shoot while Mr. Bear does the back and forth kiting.

Btw. Here’s a link to some lists of random loot timers. I got my Gauntlets of Accuracy at level 3 or 4 I think, which helped a lot:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80015-all-poe-random-item-day-checklist/

Quick question: Are you supposed to do White March before you kill Thaos? The game still seems to end when you kill Thaos even with the expansion :(

At the beginning of the fight Thaos casts buffs on him and for over 1min he has something like 180 def. However you shouldn't focus on him anyway because you can't kill him first (when he's low on endurance he will cast a shield of invulnerability on him until one of the statues is dead and then comes back with full endurance). Also Twinned Arrows coupled with Persistance would kill them much faster. If you keep the statues moving while he's buffing himself he will buff just himself and the statues will be easy to kill. Also Thaos has unlimited spells, but he has a pattern which can be interrupted under some circumstances.

PS. I suppose you skipped a lot of content if you already finished the game...

Yeah I skipped a lot. I think I'll do another playthrough with at least some of the npc's since I also enjoy the storylines.

Are you sure Thaos have infinite spells? As I said, at some point he just started chasing me for like 2 mins without ever stopping to cast a spell. Maybe he does that if there's only one target left? Idk.

Edited by Harsk

Lvl 7 to 9 I'd say. Maybe 10. If you are of higher level it gets boring (except the bounties which are still difficult enough - and a certain winged reptile of course). 

Crägholt however is tough even for lvl 11.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods