I'm doing this setup now, all six full tank mode. I just run into a room and wait until things die, it's hilariously effective and fun. There's a big power drop off while you approach level 9, but once you get there, it's silliness.

• Like 2

Ye, it's AoE is huge and the dmg is good. Do corpses get kind of consumed if you use that invocation or will they explode over and over again (if you stack this invoc.)?

I feel like they don't but haven't done extensive research. ;P

I'm doing this setup now, all six full tank mode. I just run into a room and wait until things die, it's hilariously effective and fun. There's a big power drop off while you approach level 9, but once you get there, it's silliness.

It's not even close to the strongest party you could have, but it's so simple I just love it. :)

• Like 1

I don't know for certain if the cast consumes the corpse, but I think so. I also think that a gibbed enemy doesn't work. If there is no body... It can't explode. I am pretty sure the reason its damage is so good is because of the conditions required to cast.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

So I just remembered, there is such a thing as an AI script.^^

For maximum laziness I did a fight without any micro and even though some of my guys stood still and did nothing due to pathing I killed a phantom.^^

In future I will let them run into the fight and see what the AI does and correct possible mistakes, but AI is sooo good for this specific group, since their auto attacks don't really matter and chants are cast anyway.^^

Vid:

• 3 weeks later...

So because of:

"Dragon Shlashed" also stacks, yes. It's devastating with 6 chanters. You will experience a less hilarious part though. Even in the temple of Eothas I found that 6 times "Come Sweet Winds of Death" were not enough to melt some foes quickly enough. And on higher levels the phantoms also start to stink. I never tried to summon 12 Ogres though - THAT should be fun. :)

I did one final temple of Eothas vid:

From now on it will be less fights per area which I record tho, I guess stuff like Raedric, Caed Nua hall, Maerwald, bounties and so forth.

I will also try and keep the theme of doing difficult fights with as low levels as possible.

• Like 1

I'm doin an all-companion playthrough at the moment and even 2 chanters (me and Kana) are great. Of course between lvl 5 and 9 it gets a bit more tedious because Come Sweet Winds starts to be not enough. On the plus side you will have a lot more invocations because with Brisk Recitation and lvl 1 chants you can spam a lot of them. I find the body exploding invocation to be extremely powerful in fights with lots of trashmobs. You can even do some easy fights before a big one, leave a pile of bodies behind and then lure the next tough group on top of that pile. Then cast that White Worms invocation and suddenly all foes are dead or severly damaged. I did this with the WM bounties before I got to lvl 9. :) The sound effect is also pretty impressive. :)

When you hit lvl 9 it gets so easy because of The Dragon Thrashed. 6 chanters with that will just melt and stomp everything - especially if they are all tanky enough to withstand some beating and CC. Stun/paralyze/petrify is bad for you because it stops your recitation. So the main focus of your defense should be to avoid that. Luckily there are some items, two talents, a chant and an invocation for that. :) Getting mind controlled is also really bad - you don't want to eat your own medicine. Luckily... ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I started a 6 Chanter party last night and beat act 1 potd pretty damn easy.  I cleared the entire Temple of Eothas, kings, wisps, and all.  I also walked straight in to Raedric Hold and killed the entire courtyard, walked in the front door and killed Raedric.  I think I got about 14k gold, and I didn't even clear the entire castle.   Killed the phantoms in Caed Nua first try.  It just wrecks.

Edited by Seeders
  • Like 1

I'm just running thorugh the Endless Paths and came to the entrance of lvl 6 (the one with all the skeletons). I piled up some skeletons at the entrance, then took Ituumak and ran through the level to lure all remaining foes onto the pile of bones. Then I cast "White Worms": 

white_worms.png

And the list continued... screen not big enough. ;) All pretty un-undead now...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods