This will be a new video series, where I exploit 6 chanters.

The first thing you will notice, is the chant which drains endurance stacks on enemies, so even by standing still you deal massive amounts of damage.

Also you can summon 6 phantoms at once. :)

Looking forward to level 9 and dragon chant. :)

Pretty sure it also stacks. :p

Here I take on the bear with main chanter being level 3 and the others freshly made on level 1.

I ahven't ven got deflection rings or any good items for that matter.

I have no tactics whatsoever other than letting endurance drain.

I didn't need to summon a single phantom I did it for lolz sake. :)

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 3

Hahaha hilarious!

It's too bad you have to use Moon Godlikes for the Silver Tide, 'cuz that there was definitely Vogon poetry. Grunthos the Flatulent FTW!

Lol, that was not even intended. :D

On another note Ancient memory also stacks. :o

"Dragon Shlashed" also stacks, yes. It's devastating with 6 chanters. You will experience a less hilarious part though. Even in the temple of Eothas I found that 6 times "Come Sweet Winds of Death" were not enough to melt some foes quickly enough. And on higher levels the phantoms also start to stink. I never tried to summon 12 Ogres though - THAT should be fun. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

"Dragon Shlashed" also stacks, yes. It's devastating with 6 chanters. You will experience a less hilarious part though. Even in the temple of Eothas I found that 6 times "Come Sweet Winds of Death" were not enough to melt some foes quickly enough. And on higher levels the phantoms also start to stink. I never tried to summon 12 Ogres though - THAT should be fun. :)

Yea, those skuldr kings cry for rings of deflection.^^

6 Ogres will be fun, but I think 6 dragon chants will evaporize most foes before I can summon. :(

6 Ogres will be fun, but I think 6 dragon chants will evaporize most foes before I can summon. :(

But it's 12(!) Ogres. You can pretend they are the dozens... dumb as they are. ;)

Wut, I didn't even notice that.^^

Those can kill the Adra dragon while the chanters stay back. :D

• Like 1

The whole screen will be full of Ogres. Haha.

Now I really want to know if the 30pt-damage-shield chant stacks as Raven asked. The chant itself is quite crappy - if it stacks: not so anymore.  :devil:

Will run a quick test...

Ok, did a test:

Sadly, "Their Courage Thick as Steel" doesn't stack. It gets suppressed. Same for most of the other phrases and invocations (e.g. the one that lowers DR and so on).

But I have to say that the chant itself is not as bad as I thought. Especially if you are a chanter tank with high deflection and you use Ancient Memory, Beloved Spirits and Veteran's Recovery plus a regenerating item it's pretty good.  It eats up the min damage that gets through your armor and would otherwise kill you slowly. If the 30pts are gone, your regeneration can do the job until the shield gets cast again. I just cleared whole Crägholt Bluffs with two lvl-14-chanter tanks (one sings Their Courage + Dragon Slashed, the other one only Dragon Slashed). It was supereasy. Took forever - but supereasy. :)

• Like 1

Ok, did a test:

Sadly, "Their Courage Thick as Steel" doesn't stack. It gets suppressed. Same for most of the other phrases and invocations (e.g. the one that lowers DR and so on).

But I have to say that the chant itself is not as bad as I thought. Especially if you are a chanter tank with high deflection and you use Ancient Memory, Beloved Spirits and Veteran's Recovery plus a regenerating item it's pretty good.  It eats up the min damage that gets through your armor and would otherwise kill you slowly. If the 30pts are gone, your regeneration can do the job until the shield gets cast again. I just cleared whole Crägholt Bluffs with two lvl-14-chanter tanks (one sings Their Courage + Dragon Slashed, the other one only Dragon Slashed). It was supereasy. Took forever - but supereasy. :)

Nice, thx for testing. :D. So for me 5 chanters will cast dragon and one Courage. :D:D:D

What I once tried as a compromise between DPS phrase and invocation speedup was this: Alternating between "Come Sweet Winds" and "The Dragon Slashed" - plus one or two Rings of Searing Flames. You can cast Combusting Wounds on a group and they will suffer from up to 12 DoT effects at best because of linger time (the linger time of Dragon is longer than the whole duration of Come Sweet WInds - so they overlap... like always ;)). That's 12*5=60 extra burn damage every 3 secs when they overlap and 30 if they don't. Plus you will get your 12 Ogres quicker. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

So I killed the first Skuldr King in Temple with my hirelings being at level 2 and my PC 3, Only my PC has a ring of deflection.

The wussy even ran away midfight, which I never witnessed before in this game.^^

• Like 1

Ok, did a test:

It doesn't stack, true, but with 6 chanters you can probably refresh it every few seconds if you take the time to adjust your chants and/or to micromanage your party.

Since it absorbs damage it's better than healing, as it should prevent health damage instead of just endurance loss, and it's party wide to boot.

Also, when you don't need to turtle up, you can switch to "the dragon slashed" and melt everything in sight pretty much without doing a thing...

Chanter stacking can be insane in this game.

• Like 1

Very nice - the lightning was fun to watch. *zap-zap-zap* :D

Yea often even better than phantoms and the corpse exploding thingie is also fun, should have used it instaed of phantom.^^