Favorite NPC moments

I understand from her quest that people are SUPPOSED to ignore grieving mother (caul + glamour) but it would be nice to have some banter about her, even if it's just *Who are you?*.

She gets one with Hiravias.

Another funny line in The White March when you enter the fishery : "Why are they drying them out? Those are ready to be eaten!". By Sagani, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

A new favorite moment:

Durance and Aloth talking about Iselmyr, and Durance is being Durance as usual. But in the end:

D:"She has backbone, that woman. Does it scare you?"

A:"No, but I won't be responsible for what happens if you call her 'whore'."

I just wish Aloth and Iselmyr could learn how to make peace with one another somehow, because I am sure she likes when he tells Durance to stop being so Durance.

There is an option to make Aloth make peace with Iselmyr once you do his personal quest (and get through Act 2 if I remember it correctly).

I'm happy that Aloth at least got that, I really wanted him to be happy and confident for once.

• Like 1

White March 2 has some great moments. This gem cracked me up today.

*snips*

That part legitimately made me Laugh out Loud.  Hiravias is such an underrated character.  People often complain about PoE being "too serious", yet here's a character who doesn't take life too seriously like the other characters in the game.

• Like 3

I'll admit i have not given Hirvias much of a chance since i like earlier ones better and pelliginias short and rather dissatisfying quest did not encourage me to swap out for new folk.

My two favorite moments so far:

As mentioned above the eder and fox tree,

Bring sigani and kana into the salty mast at the same time and sagani tells him to cover his eyes :p

Poor Aloth, nobody likes him sad.png. Honestly, he is the companion I pity the most.

I mean, if he, an intelligent and almost sane person, joined the Key, a shady group whose purpose is to hide secrets even they don't know, then his life must have been completely void of meaning back then.

And if he decided to travel with the first mysterious stranger that appeared because tge agent that was supposed to contact him did not show up, and sticked with said stranger even if it meant opposing the Key, his life as a cultist must have been equaly empty.

And now his new friends turn out to only really like his annoying Awakened intruder, who gets him into trouble all the time and usurps his body

Well, that's why I think he cares so much about the watcher. I always had the feeling, that the relationship between him and the watcher ist closest, you get for a best friend. And when he warms up, they group sttarts to like him. They like him more than Durance :p .

Edited by Harry Easter

Poor Aloth, nobody likes him sad.png. Honestly, he is the companion I pity the most.

I mean, if he, an intelligent and almost sane person, joined the Key, a shady group whose purpose is to hide secrets even they don't know, then his life must have been completely void of meaning back then.

And if he decided to travel with the first mysterious stranger that appeared because tge agent that was supposed to contact him did not show up, and sticked with said stranger even if it meant opposing the Key, his life as a cultist must have been equaly empty.

And now his new friends turn out to only really like his annoying Awakened intruder, who gets him into trouble all the time and usurps his body

Well, that's why I think he cares so much about the watcher. I always had the feeling, that the relationship between him and the watcher ist closest, you get for a best friend. And he warms up, they group likes him. They like him more than Durance :p .

That's not a fair comparison, the group likes more several types of diseases than they like Durance. Even White March companions immediately jumped on board the Durance hate train. Devil of Caros plans murder with Eder, Zahua offers Eder to give Durance some mushrooms and scare the hell out of him. 

Also, from some dialogues of Pallegina with Aloth I get the feeling that Pallegina is a little worried about Aloth and his insecure personality. It's kinda cute. 

• Like 1

hat's not a fair comparison, the group likes more several types of diseases than they like Durance. Even White March companions immediately jumped on board the Durance hate train. Devil of Caros plans murder with Eder, Zahua offers Eder to give Durance some mushrooms and scare the hell out of him. 

The first sentence made my day^^.

Sometimes I like to wonder, if the relationship the group hast to Durance, reflects a bit the relationship, the other writers had to Chris Avellone. Probably not, since he seems to be a nice guy.

Also, from some dialogues of Pallegina with Aloth I get the feeling that Pallegina is a little worried about Aloth and his insecure personality. It's kinda cute. 

Didn't remember this dialogue. Still: D'aww^^.

Edited by Harry Easter

Didn't remember this dialogue. Still: D'aww^^.

It's two dialogues:

Pallegina: You seem… preoccupied with details, Aloth. Almost consumed by them, I’d say.
Aloth: Once you’ve seen a colleague misuse Arkemyr’s Capricious Hex, you learn an appreciation for details.
Pallegina: This sounds like wizard talk, so I’ll just take your word for it.

Pallegina: Aloth, never before have I met an Aedyran man so hesitant to speak his mind.
Aloth:  I’m not hesitant. I just… like to consider my words carefully.
Pallegina: You should really hear yourself talk, aimico.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it feels to me like Pallegina is a little exasperated with Aloth and hopes he would grow some backbone.  :p

It's really along the lines of Eder's "We need to take better care of Aloth" when Aloth gets knocked out.

Also, back on topic, this conversation with Kana and Aloth was both cute and funny.  :grin:

Kana Rua: So you really didn’t know about the Leaden Key’s activities?
Aloth: You think I- look, I knew nothing about their attempts on your life, I swear.
Kana Rua: What? No, no - I’m just wondering how the Leaden Key parcels out information. I did notice that the younger sorts didn’t seem to wander off sсript very often…
Aloth: …Oh. You would find that more interesting, wouldn’t you?
  • Like 2

Most of Eder and h Hiravis (alone and together) dialogues.

I amnot big fan of durance (he is being an ***hole - but is useful), but it makes me laugh when he says something that sounds like "Magran's fire cast light in DORK places" (instead DARK).

Edited by Skladzien

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event."

-Zurin Arctus, the Underking

There's two moments that stand out to me.

Firstly, I must praise the conclusion to Durance's questline - Durance is, in my opinion, quite a fascinating character to begin with, but the way his quest ended was, in some odd way, devastating and impressive at the same time. It was one of those "I should have guessed" moments, but it still sort of stunned me in how tragic his tale ended up being. In an instant, Durance expressed a more humble, vulnerable side than he had throughout the entire journey, and that was the icing on the cake that was this interesting, well written character.

EDIT: And I simply just adore the voice acting for Durance. Amazing.

The second one is more of a thing about the reputation system than companions themselves. My main character was one of those ruthlessly efficient mercenaries, who didn't enjoy cruelty but didn't shy away from it if it helped her reach her goals. She mostly sought personal gains, but the one thing she hated most was liars and cowards - the only thing that would make her shift from her initial course was if she found out someone had lied to her. For example, if she received a quest (or a "job") from someone, but she'd later find out the person who hired her lied about something she should have known, she would go back and make sure they would never lie again - pretty much regardless of what the quest itself was.

Now to the part about the companion - I was searching for Persoq with Sagani, and we were conversing about what to do next or whatnot. I believe I asked her if she trusts my main character enough to hunt this Persoq based on just her visions, to which she replied (among other things): "At least you're honest. I know you wouldn't steer me wrong in this."

My reaction to that was, "you're damn right I'm honest". I was so genuinely happy to see that in this game, this person who has accompanied me for quite a while through all kinds of adventures, knows that I never lie. That was a moment that made me totally fall in love with the reputation system; even though it was just a line of dialogue, I loved that the game recognized that detail about the character, and that Sagani also responded accordingly.

Edited by JJGee
  • Like 2