Ok, I just saw your fight against Thaos. I had also plenty of bugs during this fight (besides perma invisibility one) - if I switch weapons or if I'm interrupted by a push/prone during the drinking animation my character becomes unresponsive...
Now a few comments about the strategy:
- I used Aru-Brekr mainly for the defense vs ranged attacks which works vs Cleansing Flame; a better choice would be defense against spells but it's bugged in my game (you could even use both and have more freedom with the other stats...); also brigandines offer the next best DR to crush/slash after plate.
- missile reflection from durgan/Golden Scales is useless in this fight because it reflects only grazes/hits; grazes are already reflected by the Aila Braccia and you don't want Thaos to be able to hit you at all...
- Aila Braccia is good for 2 reasons - it converts ALL missiles grazes to misses and reflects the grazes back; the first reason is the most important because it works like +35 defense vs missiles - it allows you to reach 100% defense vs Cleansing Flame and 35% chance to reflect it back
- with the Unstoppable talent, Boots of Stability, potion of Llengrat, 22dex and 26per you're immune to the prone of the Judge even without shield if he doesn't have his buff (here comes Deprive the Unworthy)
- if you're able to hit the judge without interruption you can destroy the judge before Deprive the Unworthy wears off 9 times of 10
- you should keep 1 Deprive the Unworthy vs Thaos necause his Cleansing Flame can pass your defenses if he was buffed by the Judge - ideally you should kill the Judge first - that way you avoid fighting a buffed Thaos.
Edited by Kaylon, 05 February 2016 - 12:30 PM.