In the sense that I really...really don't like the first part of the game (on PotD). In fact I don't start enjoying this game till level 7 when I get level 4 spells. Up until this point the only caster I will take is a Wizard, who has a handful of low level spells that are useful for lowering incoming damage, debuffing enemies, and shoring up flanks.

The priest is near worthless, with weak healing, low damage, and no buffs that matter. In fact I recently did two playthroughs where I removed Durance and threw in a Ranger from the get go and WOW was it so much easier. I only brought Durance back in when I needed Suppress Affliction.

Rogues die if a Xaurip looks at them. Tanks die w/o any way of saving them and cant do damage. Druid AoE's are the size of a single character circle with 20 INT. Ciphers have EE, but really i cant bring myself to use that ability....ever....it ruins the game.

Almost all of these problems disappear when these classes hit 7. I think that is why I like the WM:P1 so much. It sets you in difficult encounters BUT you have ways of handling them. Cough level 4 spells COUGH COUGH

I think you just don't have good command of all the different spells and how useful they can be. You did recognize wizards at least; I would say some of the best spells in the entire game can be found at wizard levels 1 and 3. That said all casters can be amazing. Ciphers off a ton of CC even from level 1 with Mind Wave. Priests have amazing spells from the get go.....+6 ACC or +4 DR....both great at low levels. A seal that knocks down enemies for a very long time... Consecrated Ground for continuous healing.... and that's only if your using your priest strictly for support. Druids have a crap ton of AoE damage and DoTs, can inflict an enormous amount of debuffs....and for those trashy fights, shapeshift and kick some ass.

Like ANY class....casters can be very effect right from the start with the right skills and more importantly tactics. Remember that most people consider the beginning of the game by far the hardest on PotD.

Besides all that I do still dislike the beginning of the game but that is only because I have played it so darn much and get bored. It has nothing to do with classes power curve.

I think priests are worth it, but you really need to know what you're doing. Not suggesting that you don't of course. I just mean wizards and some of the other classes are a lot more intuitive. Priests you need to know what counter spells to use where.

Rogues you need to keep out of the combat. Think like a coward. Shoot and run, or stab someone who is distracted. 

Spell casters certainly get more valuable the farther you go, but I enjoyed the beginning of the game just as much. 

Edited by Heijoushin

Well people think the beginning is hard because they stick to those worthless casters lol. It was a breeze on PotD when I just subbed Rangers in

Well considering most people think all 4 casters are extremely powerful, I think the title of being in the minority is extremely accurate. Again....try to learn what everything does.

I believe it was PrimeJunta(could be wrong) who talked about his 6 caster party being one of  the easier playthrough he had done.

• Like 1

In the sense that I really...really don't like the first part of the game (on PotD). In fact I don't start enjoying this game till level 7 when I get level 4 spells. Up until this point the only caster I will take is a Wizard, who has a handful of low level spells that are useful for lowering incoming damage, debuffing enemies, and shoring up flanks.

The priest is near worthless, with weak healing, low damage, and no buffs that matter. In fact I recently did two playthroughs where I removed Durance and threw in a Ranger from the get go and WOW was it so much easier. I only brought Durance back in when I needed Suppress Affliction.

Rogues die if a Xaurip looks at them. Tanks die w/o any way of saving them and cant do damage. Druid AoE's are the size of a single character circle with 20 INT. Ciphers have EE, but really i cant bring myself to use that ability....ever....it ruins the game.

It sounds to me that you're simply not playing very well. Path of the Damned isn't exactly easy, but if you play it right it's not at all like that, no matter which classes you take.

Also priests are an extremely strong caster class. They have awesome buffs, debuffs, CC, counter, and healing spells. You can manage without them, but having a priest onboard just makes everything... safer. I probably wouldn't try a Trial of Iron run without one, there's simply no other class as good at turning things around when a fight goes pear-shaped.

I honestly can't say which one of the three I'd rank highest, it's all a matter of on-the-one-hand-but-on-the-other.

Almost all of these problems disappear when these classes hit 7. I think that is why I like the WM:P1 so much. It sets you in difficult encounters BUT you have ways of handling them. Cough level 4 spells COUGH COUGH

I'm almost the exact opposite -- I use a lot of L1-3 spells, and only occasionally touch the L4+ ones. Sometimes when I'm close to needing a rest I unload 'em all in a couple of pyrotechnics shows, and a few come in handy in boss fights, but they're more of a luxury than a necessity.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

People have their own playstyles, so they think a ranger is crap or a chanter is amazing when the truth is their way of playing just gets the best out of one and the worst out of another. Hence this forum is full of posts about how X class sucks and how X class is OP, but most people going on about how X class is totally pointless, etc. are not really anywhere near a point. 

Personally I'm a big fan of rogues and monks, who can be built to kill everybody in seconds all game long with a bit of support. Never did figure out how to get the best of priests, since I'm not a huge fan of how status effects / buffs are communicated in POE so end up not keeping as good track of them.

• Like 4

Hence this forum is full of posts about how X class sucks and how X class is OP

Yes, unfortunately - and it sooo tiresome to read.

Yeap, it's opinions!  Truth of the matter is there is no "weak" class in Eternity.  It is all just a question of how you build your characters and make use of them.  If you build a Fighter and give them nothing but tanking related skills don't complain about how they can't do damage for example.