The Pillars Hype Train Tyme

Hello trolls and denizens, regulars & those in the shadows,

In case you were not aware, there's some awesome White March news!

http://youtu.be/Id2h9ZDb5BA

As a result of this and so much gaming goodness that has come, is coming and will come, we thought why not get Admin to ante up with some swag gifts and get a competition Hype Train Tyme party going!

The three competitions are:

• Caption this competition (3/Member and, in cases of multiple accounts, only one is permitted to submit);
  • Fan fiction based in the Pillars universe: 250-500 words; and,
  • Fan fiction art.

The Image for the first Caption Competition is:

pe-bighead-02-1920x1080.jpg

In respect to the Fanfic & art, you are totally open to follow your muse anywhere within the Pillars of Eternity pantheon. If you're looking for inspiration, perhaps checkout the Wiki?

Submission details:

• Deadline: February 12th, 2016;
  • Winners for each Competition will be determined by the Squad;
  • PM Fionavar with questions & submissions;
  • If submitting in thread, please preface with "Submission (Competition #?)"; and,
  • Discuss the Hype Train here!
Edited by Fionavar
  • Like 5

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I just had a few inquiries in respect to competition #2: Fan fiction art.

I believe the following speaks to #3 (Fan fiction based in the Pillars universe: 250-500 words) as well.

The Fanfic art and fiction is totally open to any aspect that inspires your muse in respect to Pillars of Eternity. Inly #1 is bound to a specific resource.

with respect,

Fionavar

• Like 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Dumb question: How does the caption competition work?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

EDIT: will PM my submission.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Note: For the caption competition, the following has been tweaked:

• Caption this competition (3/Member and, in cases of multiple accounts, only one is permitted to submit);

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I think it is totally appropriate for you to sign your own creation if that feels important. Even if you use Creative Commons, it is most appropriate to ensure there is proper citation too. Helpful?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Oh, I didn't understand that. My post was just goofing off. It wasn't meant to be a submission. I guess you guys could delete it and this one so it's not as cluttered.

I had thought you were joking fwiiw ... though if you want to submit it or anything, just let me know here or via PM :)

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I approve of this news.

Is that an affirmation or submission?

I think he just gave the greenlight for "The Pillars Hype Train Tyme" to commence.

Does the title "The Pillars Hype Train Tyme" need to be present in fanart ?

Edited by Cyseal

I want to write a fanfic but all I can think of are concepts :p

- Mad scientist (who began as a benevolant doctor looking for a "cure") who has caught godlikes in cages, animals and souls as well, experimenting (Irenicus inspired, duh). Pallegina involved (and all her feathers plucked, bald/naked chicken). His goal to create a super-being, a Godlike that possessess all traits from all the Gods.

- A hunter's tale, in the Bael Marsh, recollecting and flashbacking his journey as he follows a trail to his mark, only to find the killer of his tribe/family in his own reflection in a pond.

- A book, that traps the reader the moment it is opened (scripted event), following the tale of the original writer and the terror of countless readers (still trapped, their souls and essence turned into ink), allowing the player to make choices as they turn the pages.

Obviously, these are not submissions, these are the "fanfics" I'd want to write... but I think I am concept damaged xD

Don't sweat it too much about the regulations guys, they're meant to be enabling. Feel free to post your caption submissions here, fan fiction can be serious or funny in whatever way, etc. 

• Like 2

Don't sweat it too much about the regulations guys, they're meant to be enabling. Feel free to post your caption submissions here, fan fiction can be serious or funny in whatever way, etc. 

What Tigranes said :) It's fun and playfulnesses we are hoping you experience in this celebration!

• Like 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I want to write a fanfic but all I can think of are concepts :p

- Mad scientist (who began as a benevolant doctor looking for a "cure") who has caught godlikes in cages, animals and souls as well, experimenting (Irenicus inspired, duh). Pallegina involved (and all her feathers plucked, bald/naked chicken). His goal to create a super-being, a Godlike that possessess all traits from all the Gods.

- A hunter's tale, in the Bael Marsh, recollecting and flashbacking his journey as he follows a trail to his mark, only to find the killer of his tribe/family in his own reflection in a pond.

- A book, that traps the reader the moment it is opened (scripted event), following the tale of the original writer and the terror of countless readers (still trapped, their souls and essence turned into ink), allowing the player to make choices as they turn the pages.

Obviously, these are not submissions, these are the "fanfics" I'd want to write... but I think I am concept damaged xD

All great stories start with an idea. The worst you can do is not attempt to explore it. YOU CAN DO IT!

• Like 3

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Submission (Competition #1)

Caption:

The caravan master surveys the group.  "Yup. We all shouldn'a eaten them berries."

• Like 7

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: