Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part II will be released on February 16th!

Hey, everyone!

We're excited to announce that we have a release date for the second part of the Pillars of Eternity expansion, The White March Part 2! You will be able to go back to the White March on February 16th. We also have a quick story teaser trailer for you all to check out!

We hope you all had a fantastic holiday and we look forward to sharing more about the White March Part 2 with you in the coming month!

• Like 10

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Animat army? Hellboy 2 springs to mind, though i was wondering whether the helms might simply be mind (soul?) controlling devices, ah well look forward to playing through both parts.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Is it too soon to ask around what time? (I'm excited to play) :D I just wanna know if I'll be able to after work on the 16th, or if it's going to be released the 17th in Central Europe.

And... well...

IF you get any more delays, this is a petty and pretty selfish request and very much IF (and not really an honest request xD I want it naow!)... possible to delay to 29th of February? :D (I'm turning 7 leap years) o:)

Yeah, no, I'm somewhat waiting for this to end the game for my very first time. Got the I part of White March behind me, level cap reached, so the Craghold and the last few things to do in Twin Elms are post-poned for part II of the expansion. The wait is almost over... and it feels like 2012 Kickstarter campaing was merely a few weeks ago. Them feels.

:thumbsup:

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

If I start a new playthrough now, will I be able to play the WMp2 when it gets out?

Or will I have to start over again, considering all the things that the expansion is going to change with the 3.0 patch (e.g. stronghold)?

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Or will I have to start over again, considering all the things that the expansion is going to change with the 3.0 patch (e.g. stronghold)?

It's hard to say. Most fixes and features tend to be retroactive, but not all of them—and it's unlikely that the patch notes will be complete at all, let alone that they mention whether fixes are retroactive. Waiting until TWM pt. II comes out is the safest bet to experience all the changes and features; however, YOLO and if you want to play the game now, you should. Even if you missed out on a couple fixes/features for this play through, you'd still get the bulk of it and you could always play the game again at any time in the future ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's hard to say. Most fixes and features tend to be retroactive, but not all of them—and it's unlikely that the patch notes will be complete at all, let alone that they mention whether fixes are retroactive. Waiting until TWM pt. II comes out is the safest bet to experience all the changes and features; however, YOLO and if you want to play the game now, you should. Even if you missed out on a couple fixes/features for this play through, you'd still get the bulk of it and you could always play the game again at any time in the future ;)

I second this and also add that if you're anything like me you'll probably restart a few times anyway before you settle on a character anyway so might as well get those restarts out the way beforehand. ;)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I second this and also add that if you're anything like me you'll probably restart a few times anyway before you settle on a character anyway so might as well get those restarts out the way beforehand. ;)

Eh eh thank you, but I've already played through the vanilla game twice, with dozens of restarts of course! :p

Now I'm experiencing the wonders of the White March for the first time.

As for the new companions, I'm planning to keep only the Devil of Caroc in my party (amazing character btw: interesting story, fantastic voiceover, funny lines "if this is a staring contest, I'm gonna win."), and leaving Zahua for the future, in WMPart 2, where he will get his personal quest.

Does it look like a good plan? Have I understood it correctly?

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

If I start a new playthrough now, will I be able to play the WMp2 when it gets out?

See, that's why I'm waiting for the game to be more or less "complete" before playing it :p

Eh eh thank you, but I've already played through the vanilla game twice, with dozens of restarts of course! :p

Now I'm experiencing the wonders of the White March for the first time.

As for the new companions, I'm planning to keep only the Devil of Caroc in my party (amazing character btw: interesting story, fantastic voiceover, funny lines "if this is a staring contest, I'm gonna win."), and leaving Zahua for the future, in WMPart 2, where he will get his personal quest.

Does it look like a good plan? Have I understood it correctly?

Ah!  Well then, carry on lol.  Sounds like my plan in that case, I went ahead and did the White March stuff with my ranger, keeping Devil as well while Zahua has kinda been dumped at Caed Nua all this time, but I have also held off on starting any new playthroughs with most of the characters I have planned now that the second part has been announced so hopefully if I end up missing stuff with my ranger due to the changes I will catch them with my next playthrough.  I am curious to see what the changes to the Stronghold are gonna do and whether they are retroactive to an in-progress playthrough or not.  Will Caffeine the Ranger need to start over again?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I recently finished my PotD play of white marsh part 1 and am anxiously awaiting part 2. I'll continue working my way down the Endless Paths for now, but I too would LOVE some information about what character level the new Part 2 content is balanced for. I entered Part 1 at about lvl 6/7, and am now about lvl 9/10 without having done much of Act 2's content from the normal game. Will we have to option to play the part two content at more then one character level? Which ones? Im curious how the XP progression for the expansion combo fits into normal Pillars experience. It's definitely askew currently, I went to White Marsh at an appropriate/suggested level, and in doing so trivialized an equal if not greater amount of content in the original game. Now don't get me wrong, I like going to a far off place, questing, getting very powerful, and then stomping the weakling Leaden Key scum haha, but I'd also like to enjoy the rest of the game (and incoming part 2) to its fullest by NOT being over-leveled.
Please tell us what level the new content is balanced for/accessible at. That way I can prepare my party and jump right in when the fun starts.

• Like 2

I recently finished my PotD play of white marsh part 1 and am anxiously awaiting part 2. I'll continue working my way down the Endless Paths for now, but I too would LOVE some information about what character level the new Part 2 content is balanced for. I entered Part 1 at about lvl 6/7, and am now about lvl 9/10 without having done much of Act 2's content from the normal game. Will we have to option to play the part two content at more then one character level? Which ones? Im curious how the XP progression for the expansion combo fits into normal Pillars experience. It's definitely askew currently, I went to White Marsh at an appropriate/suggested level, and in doing so trivialized an equal if not greater amount of content in the original game. Now don't get me wrong, I like going to a far off place, questing, getting very powerful, and then stomping the weakling Leaden Key scum haha, but I'd also like to enjoy the rest of the game (and incoming part 2) to its fullest by NOT being over-leveled.

Please tell us what level the new content is balanced for/accessible at. That way I can prepare my party and jump right in when the fun starts.

We are expecting the average party to be level 10 going into Part 2. If you are level 12+ you will have a high level scaling option, similar to Part 1.

• Like 1

Most of the content is based on world time advancing, so you can get it just by traveling around.  However, quests are based on stronghold turns, so you may not see all of them, though PX2 will give you an opportunity to experience many of them.  Quests are also based on stronghold progression, so if your stronghold is very developed you will miss the lower-level content.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I still haven't gotten the game... I'm waiting for the all expansions to come out first, and lately I'm getting so impatient it hurts. I'm literally counting the days until part 2 comes out so that I can get the entire game immediately. I actually even bought Wasteland 2 just to fill my time and try and distract me from waiting. 

However, being a person who likes to keep things tidy, I always preferred the 'goty'-like editions of games where they feature all expansions (and/or DLCs) in one edition. Is something like this planned for Pillars of Eternity?

I'm not exactly sure how it currently works on GOG, but from what I see White March part 1 is a separate game entry from the original game and I don't know if part 2 will be as well or will it be under the part 1 or whatever. Considering it's not a standalone game (for instance like Dragonfall was for Shadowrun Returns), I'd actually prefer to keep both the original game and entire WM under a single game entry.

It's by no means a deal breaker and I'm getting it either way, but I was just wondering if a complete edition (of sorts) was planned any time soon perhaps.

Cheers!

• Like 1

You mean like this?

(That version's bound to Steam.)

GoG lists the expansion separately because separately it is sold; once you own it, its download link is within the main game's entry. You don't get separate entries in your game library for Pillars and TWM.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You probably could start playing it now with the 3.0 beta patch installed. I doubt too much will change between now and the official release. It seems pretty solid from what I've played (granted I haven't played too much on the latest beta patch, so take that fwiw). Steam has the 2 parts of the White March packaged together for a $5 discount, and unless you play really quickly you probably won't even get to the WM areas before part 2 is out.

About new features at Stronghold: correct me if I'm wrong.

E.g I'm  in act 3 wright now , my stronghold is well developed, not finished Caed Nua, so When I'd install WM Part 2, I'd miss some missions and content provided by new features at stronghold, unless I'd start whole new game, yep?

Edited by Gs11