More Pillars of Eternity  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want more of in POE?

• Playable Avian Godlike (more char types)
    • More Lore
    • More character customization (faces, etc.)
    • Art books (monster manual?)
    • Steam Workshop

More lore; more character customization options (especially portraits); more art books; MOAR full-blown novels.

I wouldn't be very keen on making Avian Godlike a playable race; Pallegina would feel less special.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

More lore; more character customization options (especially portraits); more art books; MOAR full-blown novels.

I wouldn't be very keen on making Avian Godlike a playable race; Pallegina would feel less special.

Agreed.

Have gun will travel.

Ideally, I'd want all kinds of godlikes to be playable except Eothas' ones, because if they still exist they would be better as NPC only.

Plus, being able to dedicate priests to any of the many gods would be good, if obsidian does not pull another Woedica plot. Nothing wrong if they go that way, of course.

Of course, these are dreams for PoeT 2.

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 1

I agree that they  can be OP, but it seems silly to have a race in a game, but not able to use it.

I want more everything too, but you can use your own character portraits, so I'd prefer more actual faces- or let us build our own faces. Maybe a companion application just for building characters?

If there was a wish to add more race, more godlikes is a good bet.

Could be Avian godlie to start with, since they are already in game.

I wish there was some plot for Godlike PC. Like NPC reacting in special way, or special quest to earn divine favour, or special talents which may turn the table a bit. (opening some other combos) or just pure flavour, like Fire Godlike: Fun of Flames 2/encounter.

Edited by evilcat

I'd go for the avian godlike as a playable race. While I tend to dislike having 'monster' races (i.e. the ones you slaughter throughout the game such as xaurips, skuldrs, vithracks, etc) as playable races in RPGs, I dislike the Pallegina situation even more where you have a race in the game world that's very obviously there (and can actually join your party) but you can't choose it for your main.

• Like 1

Honestly, whilst I'd be happy to get an Avian Godlike playable in PoE2, I don't want to see it in PoE for the simple reason that it makes Pallegina less appealing. It's cool that she fits into the standard mould of Godlike but with her own unique twist. We already know that there are other Godlike varieties that the player can't pick so why give them Avian?

King Leonidas and Seneca Crane beard styles.

For everyone except Pale Elves :biggrin:

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

None of the above. I want more roleplay. More stats, skills, class, background, culture messing with dialogues, scripted interactions, npcs, choices.

I took the lore idea as being for more RPG elements, but I guess it's not exactly the same. I voted also for more customization. I don't mind them choosing the look of the gear, but I'd like the opportunity to have at least some impact on the characters' style. If not the haberdashery that PJ cites, at least something.
  • Like 1

bother?

One of the options I really wish they'd add is simply the entire color spectrum for skin and hair for all races.  While I realize this is breaking lore a little, I think there needs to be a nod towards the fact that it's also a very tactical combat RPG as well.  Being able to set an entire character to one color for easier recognition on the battlefield is pretty useful(also being able to have their target circle be that same color instead of all being green).     

But on top of that, more face options and eye-colors would be nice too. We don't need full slider bars like some MMO character creators, but more options to make the in-game character resemble the portraits would be nice. 

• Like 1

That's why I like the feathered hats with wide brims. So much easier to see than the green target circles. But sometimes you choose hats because of their stats and not the appearance. And what about godlike? They don't even get hats, and largely have the same coloration.

I don't want my stylistic choices to boil down to purely a function to differentiate characters. More stylistic choice overall would be good. Not ridiculously so, but some colors and other aesthetics would be good. Before someone pulls out the realism stick, I would remind him or her that my godlike can switch boots fully with a dwarf or a mechanical assassin.

bother?

I'd choose the first three but more character customization is definitely something I'd want since there just seems the most lack of, but at least you can find custom portraits from elsewhere. Also maybe a greater variety of in-game equipment might be quite nice like be able to enchant more than just weapon and chest piece and more nice looking robes/armor later in the game.