Games you want that'll likely never exist

Barothmuk

Games I want:

1. A fantasy version of XCOM 2. 
Say, you're the leader of a small band of mercenaries, and the gameplay is tactical combat. 
Except the classes would be things like Swordsmen, Archer, Paladin, Fire Mage, Necromancer blah blah. With heavy customization options like XCOM. 

2. A completely new RTS by Blizzard. Blizzard does awesome work but I've become a bit disillusioned with both the Warcraft & Starcraft universes. (Orcs & zerg are just lovable misunderstood races blah blah blah)

3. A sequel to Vampire the Masquerade bloodlines.

Games I want:

1. A fantasy version of XCOM 2. 

Say, you're the leader of a small band of mercenaries, and the gameplay is tactical combat. 

Except the classes would be things like Swordsmen, Archer, Paladin, Fire Mage, Necromancer blah blah. With heavy customization options like XCOM. 

Go play Mordheim.

An oriental, Shogun Total War type RPG with all of the climbing, and height advantages that Total War 2 provided.

A Transformers RPG incorporating the millions of years of history that IP has.  Isometric would be good, but I'd settle for the Fall of Cybertron Camera.

A Mechwarrior RPG with a mercenaries campaign, featuring a world and company economy, as well as a comprehensive salvage system and R&D system similiar to Syndicate Wars..  First person for your controlled mech, and isometic for multiple lance control.

Another chapter in Baldurs Gate with Milo Yiannopoulos as the protagonist.

...with Milo Yiannopoulos as the protagonist.

This could be an epicly fun game, but not in the Forgotten Realms universe. For it to reach maximum fun potential it would have to take place in modern day America.

Ubisoft killed the Rainbow Six style tactical shooter, and no one cared.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Been playing Wolfenstein: The New Order. I love the setting, and either an X-Com style tactical game where you can build your resistance base and do missions against the Nazis would be cool. Or a Bioware-like cinematic RPG.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

KotOR III by Obsidian, Alpha Protocol II, and a new Fallout game by Obsidian. ;(

Slightly more likely is a Vampire: The Requiem or Masquerade game by Obsidian.

• Like 4

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A WH40K Dark Heresy RPG, third person with player/character separation, JA2 like combat mechanics and well developed dialogue trees and C&C.

Also, I would'nt mind a Rogue Trader like game with similar touches, but ofcourse more about expanding your power, influence and revenue. I love the thought of 3D based space combat in those huge vessels.

A sequel to the Stalker games, Alpha Protocol 2.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

A shooter in the Starcraft-Universe. Killing Protoss and the big Zerg as a lowly Space Marine (Cowboy) could actually be fun and challenging.

An Action RPG in the Universe of Dragon Age, like Dark Souls, Gothic or Venetica, would also be fun and more fitting for the kind of storytelling we experience in those games (Pillars of Eternity is a book, Dragon Age a high-budget fantasy movie like Lord of the Rings).

And last but not least: another big roleplaying game in the Forgotten Realms. With cutsecenes and big monsters and a naive but charming adventurestory, about a charming group of adventurers killing thousands of drow to rescue Faerun from an arch-demon-god-planetar-shadow-drow-orc-devil-fallen angel-thingy. I don't think this will be possible with Atari as the rightholder and Dragon Age as the competition. Not in the budget I imagine.

Edited by Harry Easter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Warhammer Fantasy RPG in lieu of DA:O / TES or even IE era.

Star Wars or Conan RPG with combat like in TERA.

Starfleet Command IV.

...because CEOs are stupid and won't in fact produce games which would actually turn profit easily. As opposed to regurgitated crap which Jim fkkin Sterling-son called "amourphous blobs of gray ****"(or something like it)-and rightly so.

• Like 1

Warhammer Fantasy RPG in lieu of DA:O / TES or even IE era.

And as deadly, as the Warhammer RPG? Hmm, why not? Could be a fine survival-rpg^^.

Of course they have done that. Oh wait a second... Hmm, I think I got confused.

Hmm, I would still differentiate between those two. SM in W40k are also good Meele-Fighters, in Starcraft we only have our gun and a thick armor. And killing one protoss-templar could be a small a bossfight.

Now that I've seen No Man's Sky, how about a game that actually focuses on exploring a coninent on a foreign planet? Fauna, Flora and, the ruins of an ancient lost alien civilization. You could actually watch and document the animals' behaviour or play archeologist and uncover everything about that alien civilization, including what happened to it. Now that would be an open world game I'd like to play. Of course, you may add survival elements if you wish. Like finding out what's edible or finding water etc. Oh, and the world has to be handcrafted. Most procedurally generated worlds suck.

Or how about this:

You're kidnapped by aliens. While you face the inevitable examination, their ship is attacked and you're freed! It turns out that several alien races are interested in earth. Some want to colonize it, even by force if necessary, and bring their technology to earth. Others think that they should wait until humans are ready to join them themselves. Then there are those who think that humans are hardly more than animals and want to enslave them like we use horses ore donkeys to do our work.

Your capturers are the type who wants to prove that humans are a species which might be able to find a way to join the alien society on their own. So they feel bad about what they're doing, but it's the only way.

Which side do you join? What do you think is best for your people? On your search for the best answer you get to know the different alien races, their cultures, their ethics etc. That offers a lot of options for quests. Then you'll pick sides and help the people who you think are best für humanity and earth.

That would make a nice sci-fi RPG, I think. At least the way I picture it.

• Like 1

...because CEOs are stupid and won't in fact produce games which would actually turn profit easily. As opposed to regurgitated crap which Jim fkkin Sterling-son called "amourphous blobs of gray ****"(or something like it)-and rightly so.

The irony of Mr Sterling squealling that anything is an amorphous blob is quite delicious.

@LittleRose: Have you played Outcast by any chance, sounds like what you're looking for, though different in detail from the scenario you posit.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Single player Warcraft RPG. Basically just take World of Warcraft and do up a single player experience. Save on art assets, just balance combat for single player, and spend a couple years crafting a story, sidequests, scripted events, etc.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Back in the late 90s or early 2000s, there was a turn-based, tactical RPG under development called Third World. It was set in some sort of sci-fi setting. I remember it sounding pretty cool at the time and was looking forward to it. It got canceled, though. I'd like to see something like it one of these days.

But mostly I'd love to have:

A turn-based RPG with an engrossing story where you lead a squad of soldiers during an internecine conflict set in a low-magic bronze or early iron age setting. It would have gameplay similar to Final Fantasy Tactics where things like elevation play an important role in your strategy.

Some sort of RPG set in an urban fantasy setting where you are part of a struggling rock band gearing up for a battle of the bands type event when you find yourself getting drawn into a hidden supernatural conflict. It would have rhythm game type mechanics during the music parts and would have dialogue trees for the interpersonal parts of the game. Ultimately, your music would have to play some role in resolving the supernatural conflict. You'd be able to plug in your own MP3 files for your band's music, so you could play pretty much any song you wanted.

Some sort of RPG with dialogue trees and an engaging story set in a fantasy version of pre-colombian North or Meso-America.

A Space-fantasy RPG with dialogue trees where you travel to different worlds in your own ship but engage in real-time, martial arts combat like in Sleeping Dogs or Batman: Arkham Asylum with Avatar: the Last Airbender like elemental super moves that are unlocked by building up enough spirit energy from your hand to hand attack combos.

Oh, and of course, Alpha Protocol 2 and a VtM - Bloodlines spiritual sequel.

Edited by eimatshya
  • Like 1

But mostly I'd love to have:

A turn-based RPG with an engrossing story where you lead a squad of soldiers during an internecine conflict set in a low-magic bronze or early iron age setting. It would have gameplay similar to Final Fantasy Tactics where things like elevation play an important role in your strategy.

Something like this?

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dark-trails

@Nonek: Thank you, but I already own a copy of Outcast. It's not really what I was thinking of.

Edited by LittleRose