Games you want that'll likely never exist

Barothmuk

I  notice no one has suggested some sort of Romance\SJW  RPG 

Basically the underlying narrative would be about a character who wants to Romance every possible NPC in the game but at the same have to support numerous SJW  causes ....we throw in a large amount of white male guilt and the game would be very exciting

Who is with me !!!   :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

- An officially Blizzard supported WoW server with Vanilla, BC, or WotLK (pre ICC nerf), preferably the first two.

- A new Chrono game with the same team of lead designers and music composers as Trigger had, with 100% creative license. (I'd actually buy a console system just for this)

Tricky question, lot´s of options :)

Let´s see...

A new RTS set in the Silmarillion ages of Tolkien´s work. In spirit of the Lotr RTS games, but with more traditional mechanics and a bigger scope. (or Witcher 3 like game int that setting would be incredible too)

Speaking of fantasy RTS, something like that but in the DnD setting. Dragonshard was ok, but you could do that way better (maybe Total War style?)

Paraworld 2. I think this is one of the most underrated RTS games in history (maybe after Dune: Emperor). It left on a cliff hanger, so they could actually continue on the story.

A revive of the Black Hound...aka BG3, which got cancelled despite being almost done, because publishers lost their mind and went to consoles >.< (<- seriously angry face) and when we are at it...Icewind Dale 3 wouldn´t hurt either.

Oh right...either a rework HD edition of Star Trek Birth of the Federation, or better, a second one.

Edited by cirdanx
  • Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Tricky question, lot´s of options :)

Let´s see...

A new RTS set in the Silmarillion ages of Tolkien´s work. In spirit of the Lotr RTS games, but with more traditional mechanics and a bigger scope. (or Witcher 3 like game int that setting would be incredible too)

Speaking of fantasy RTS, something like that but in the DnD setting. Dragonshard was ok, but you could do that way better (maybe Total War style?)

Paraworld 2. I think this is one of the most underrated RTS games in history (maybe after Dune: Emperor). It left on a cliff hanger, so they could actually continue on the story.

A revive of the Black Hound...aka BG3, which got cancelled despite being almost done, because publishers lost their mind and went to consoles >.< (<- seriously angry face) and when we are at it...Icewind Dale 3 wouldn´t hurt either.

Oh right...either a rework HD edition of Star Trek Birth of the Federation, or better, a second one.

For me any new game with the same depth and length like BG but set in the Forgotten Realms would be great

The only issue I have with a potential Black Hound is we are now talking about VERY high level characters from the beginning, I would prefer to start at level 1 and be able to go to level 25 or so 

And there are so many other exciting regions in the Forgotten Realms it can be set in a dozen or so places

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A game like Shadows of Mordor but based on Gloryhammer's Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards. Dwarves and magic, space knights and goblins on the moon, all to a power metal soundtrack.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The black hound has nothing to do with the bhaalspawn and doesn't start at high levels.

Okay, I just googled this and you right

I thought the narrative was about Cyric and your battle with Gods....but I was way off  :biggrin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_III:_The_Black_Hound

John Milton 

I'd like a game with Divinity: Original Sin inspired combat but with good writing.

Likely will exist...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is on the way.

We'll see about good quality writing, I guess.

Edited by Labadal

The black hound has nothing to do with the bhaalspawn and doesn't start at high levels.

He's thinking of George Ziets' BG3 'pitch' from a while back. That had you at big e Epic levels and potentially fighting Cyric.

(BG3 as in actual sequel to BG2/ToB, not Baldur's Gate: The Black Hound unconnected to and non sequel to BG2, because we can use the name in other words.)

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

He's thinking of George Ziets' BG3 'pitch' from a while back. That had you at big e Epic levels and potentially fighting Cyric.

(BG3 as in actual sequel to BG2/ToB, not Baldur's Gate: The Black Hound unconnected to and non sequel to BG2, because we can use the name in other words.)

Thats right, yes that is what I was thinking about 

Good memory Zora  :thumbsup:

John Milton 

Hmmm, let's see:

Nocturne 2

Battlefield: Bad Company 3

Arcanum 2

Fallout Van Buren

Prey 2

Command & Conquer Generals 2

Earthbound 64

Blood 3

Shadows of the Damned sequel

Silent Hills

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hmmm, let's see:

Nocturne 2

Arcanum 2

Fallout Van Buren

Prey 2

Command & Conquer Generals 2

Blood 3

bravo_zps2965d641.png

And I'll add a fourth Myth:The Fallen Lords RTS to that list.  Fully 3D, with terrain deformation and destructibility.

[Myth2]

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Every time I read another book from the Fallen Blade series by Kelly McCullough, I think about how good a stealth game set in that world could be. The Blades of Namara are an interesting assassin's guild, and their magical abilities and companions scream PC game. Or video game, of course.

I also wouldn't say no to a space opera RPG in the style of the old Black Isle classics or Pillars of Eternity.

My other most wanted but unlikely to happen games are some adventures by Jane Jensen. I'd love to get a Gabriel Knight 4 or a crossover with her other mystery adventures. Gabriel and David Walker would drink a beer together, Dr Styles and Malakai Rector would certainly discuss the Moebius Pattern or something like that, while Grace and Rector's shop manager would complain to each other about babysitting their uncareful bosses. In the meantime, Sam would do all the work, because someone has to.

I'd like another Alien vs. Predator game that was more like the original Rebellion title on the Atari Jaguar. Basically think Alien Isolation with a ton more combat for the marine campaign and the game opening up an entire space station from the get-go for all three races. 

Oh, where to start:

A lord-type game where you run a fief.  You would have your own character you could create and walk around as, and it would be kinda like Crossroads keep in Neverwinter Nights 2 but with the whole game focusing on it.  You would get to allocate troops around your domain, recruit troops, etc like in a strategy game but then you would also go on adventures with some of your men, greet visiting dignitaries and go hunting with them, wander round your villages, execute traitors, engage in politics, you know the good stuff.

A swashbuckling renaissance adventure set around the 16th-17th centuries with Three Musketeers type characters, perhaps set in Venice.  There was that game, Venetica, but I want something more.  I want rival fencing schools fighting in the streets to prove whose is better, I want the player to get to choose fencing styles and for fencing styles to be, well, fency.  I want to go to Renaissance parties, have duels, shoot someone in the face with a pistol, that kind of thing.  To become a patron of the arts, to have clockwork gizmos, and hidden supernatural entities.  

A piratical adventure, wherein you captain a ship.  A kinda combination of Sid Meier's Pirates with RPGs.  You run around with the usual party, but then when you go to sea your party becomes shipmates, giving bonuses depending on their class or skills.  When you board someone your party is your crew and fights alongside you.  Add in a lot of the previous stuff about renaissance adventuring, Governor's Daughters/Sons, Monkey Islands, etc and you got me... excited...

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I’m waiting for one single game, that will likely never happen:

Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri 2

There has been multiple tries, but nothing even close to the original…

I think the one that got the closest to an Alpha Centauri 2 in my eyes is Pandora: First Contact (especially with its expansion Eclipse of Nashira).

• Like 3

Oh, where to start:

A lord-type game where you run a fief.  You would have your own character you could create and walk around as, and it would be kinda like Crossroads keep in Neverwinter Nights 2 but with the whole game focusing on it.  You would get to allocate troops around your domain, recruit troops, etc like in a strategy game but then you would also go on adventures with some of your men, greet visiting dignitaries and go hunting with them, wander round your villages, execute traitors, engage in politics, you know the good stuff.

A swashbuckling renaissance adventure set around the 16th-17th centuries with Three Musketeers type characters, perhaps set in Venice.  There was that game, Venetica, but I want something more.  I want rival fencing schools fighting in the streets to prove whose is better, I want the player to get to choose fencing styles and for fencing styles to be, well, fency.  I want to go to Renaissance parties, have duels, shoot someone in the face with a pistol, that kind of thing.  To become a patron of the arts, to have clockwork gizmos, and hidden supernatural entities.  

A piratical adventure, wherein you captain a ship.  A kinda combination of Sid Meier's Pirates with RPGs.  You run around with the usual party, but then when you go to sea your party becomes shipmates, giving bonuses depending on their class or skills.  When you board someone your party is your crew and fights alongside you.  Add in a lot of the previous stuff about renaissance adventuring, Governor's Daughters/Sons, Monkey Islands, etc and you got me... excited...

I really like all these but especially the last one

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

SCP-093 as the setting for a modern era Dark Souls clone. Investigate destroyed worlds with bizarre technology, get invaded by players from yet other worlds doing the same. Piece together what happened from logs and stuff.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, where to start:

I really like all these but especially the last one

Yeah, the last one is my favourite, ultimate game ever, especially if they managed to include all the bits in the second in it so I wouldn't have to choose! :D

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

There was a similar game, made by Russian studio "Akella": "Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales". 

You could hire various crew members, and roam the land with any 3 of them. Characters had attributes, levels and various talent percs. 

When going to sea, you could appoint them into various positions and thus additionaly improve characteristics of the ship, or ships if you were going to make a fleet. They were also fighting alongside with you during boarding. And could also  appoint one of them as gubernator of a settlement, you could build later on. Recruit troops, improve it's infrastructure, generate income. Although if you had bad relationship with some of the big factions, they would often pay you a visit.

Ah good old times...

Edited by MaxQuest