AMD’s new graphics architecture is called Polaris

Gfted1

Feels like I've been waiting half my life for this dumb die size decrease...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Somehow I'm not even sure there will be a full lineup of new desktop GPUs in the new node this year. It has taken so long for this process node change for GPUs to arrive that there's just no more optimism left.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Price is also an issue which is why foundries still make huge (relatively) die sizes for all those useless 'internet of things' appliances, as if a toaster with an internet connection was somehow exciting. 14,10 and 5  are comming in the next few years but which process will be adopted by the most foundries and have the lowest ammount of errors per run. 

Chips on GPUs can afford to be bigger simply by virtue of having more space available at least in traditional form factors. . 

Usually when the process gets smaller it also gets cheaper, producting however many times more transistors in one go, but that is said to nolonger the case as we approach the practical limit of Moore's law. So the next step is expanding on the notion of 3d chips, which would slow things down considerably. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I didn't want to make a new thread just for this less than minute long video:

Let's hope they also try to figure new more silent fan solutions for the graphics cards.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Problem with any mechanical fan. It performs great while all the components are spanking new. After you have had it a few years of wear and tear and bits of dust and goop you can't get to, that's another story. I'd really like to see a module designed for easy replacement as well as low noise. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.