What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

This isn't today, but over the weekend I ran a tabletop game for friends, it had been on hiatus over Christmas so had been a while since the last session.  Went well, I got to cyberise one of the players against their will when they foolishly went to the crazy Cybernetics expert they were ferrying on their ship.  They are only implants not limb replacements so they can get them removed and be normal again if they want if they can find a doctor that they can trust not to just add more cybernetics to them.  The irony that the only other doctor around at the moment is the one who got cyberised amuses me.

What have I done actually today?  Well, aside from arriving at the place of my employment where I am writing this, I have been farting again. Damn bowels.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Today I finally managed to do 8 reps of 88kg / 195lbs standing strict overhead presses with EZ bar. Me happy. 

strictpresskl_zpsyubb5tpg.jpg##

strictpress2kl_zps5vijlwpy.jpg

Now watch the pics 8 more times and you get the idea.  ;)

I get the excitement of the press achievement, but I'd think having an opaque black dot over your face during lifts and presses would be a big hindrance to proper breathing. :p

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If the press achievement, but I'd think having an opaque black dot over your face during lifts and presses would be a big hindrance to proper breathing. tongue.png

Blake dot? It's no fair to make fun of my mole! sad.png My mother always told me the wrapping does not make the gift! 

In fact, this hurt me so much I decided to get it surgically removed before doing my next 1 rep maximum weight. So much better!

101 kg / 222lbs standing press, maximum weight, no dot.  ;)

press1small_zps3djaneui.jpg

presssmall_zpspibotw3d.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I can see a booger.

I would joke about nose hairs, but lately mine have really been growing in quickly, so it's a sensitive topic.   :disguise:

The worst part is when my wife shaves my head, she has now taken to going at my nose with the trimmer to clean it up.  

Edited by Hurlshot

I can see a booger.

Thats actually a reflection. 

As in a deep thinking booger?  

Don't worry, they are good luck.  

You seem to have an unhealthy fascination with snot.

Is that a thing in underground fetish clubs? 

• Like 1

If the press achievement, but I'd think having an opaque black dot over your face during lifts and presses would be a big hindrance to proper breathing. tongue.png

Blake dot? It's no fair to make fun of my mole! sad.png My mother always told me the wrapping does not make the gift! 

In fact, this hurt me so much I decided to get it surgically removed before doing my next 1 rep maximum weight. So much better!

101 kg / 222lbs standing press, maximum weight, no dot.  ;)

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a sensitive topic (at least until you had it surgically removed, which might have left a certain tenderness)

I would joke about nose hairs, but lately mine have really been growing in quickly, so it's a sensitive topic.   :disguise:

The worst part is when my wife shaves my head, she has now taken to going at my nose with the trimmer to clean it up.  

Not long from now you'll start sprouting tufts of hair from your ears and your eyebrows will decide that to protect your eyes from injury, they must now project a foot off your forehead to warn of incoming dangers.

You haven't lived until you've been to a booger bordello.  

The first rule of booger bordello is not to talk about booger bordello.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

today we returned from our yearly vacation to hawaii.  typical we go to the islands in early december. this year we went later and stayed longer. am exhausted.  am gonna take a nap.  perhaps need a vacation to fully recover.

am not expecting sympathy.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we dont genuine go to the "islands" anymore.  we got a functional standing reservation for kauai.  is likely another sign o' advancing decrepitude that we like kauai so much better than oahu, big island or maui.  

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

today we returned from our yearly vacation to hawaii.  typical we go to the islands in early december. this year we went later and stayed longer. am exhausted.  am gonna take a nap.  perhaps need a vacation to fully recover.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we dont genuine go to the "islands" anymore.  we got a functional standing reservation for kauai.  is likely another sign o' advancing decrepitude that we like kauai so much better than oahu, big island or maui.  

Hi Gromnir "waves " 

I'm glad you are back, I have missed your insight. Why would you feel tired after a holiday?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

HA! Good Fun!

Hi Gromnir "waves " 

I'm glad you are back, I have missed your insight. Why would you feel tired after a holiday?

why indeed.  jet lag? old age?  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

HA! Good Fun!

Hi Gromnir "waves " 

why indeed.  jet lag? old age?  

HA! Good Fun!

Yes, jet lag sux

When I fly to the USA from SA it can take 20 hours ....its a loooooooooooong time in a plane

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I did my taxes.  Not the most enjoyable or exciting task, but it's done and that's one less monkey I have to carry around on my back.  Plus, it's that much faster I get my return.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I did my taxes.  Not the most enjoyable or exciting task, but it's done and that's one less monkey I have to carry around on my back.  Plus, it's that much faster I get my return.

Do you cheat on your tax? Is the USA strict on checking taxes are legitimate 

John Milton 

I bought a powerball ticket. With an luck (actually with enormous luck) I'll be able to afford my own aircraft carrier shortly.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That aircraft carrier will have to wait. I didn't win. Not that I was expecting otherwise. Normally I wouldn't play but what the hell. For $3 I'll take a shot at that jackpot.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That aircraft carrier will have to wait. I didn't win. Not that I was expecting otherwise. Normally I wouldn't play but what the hell. For $3 I'll take a shot at that jackpot.

/pat pat. There, there. Maybe you didn't get it now, but I am sure you'll get that aircraft carrier one day, and then you'll be able to have a fun little private war of your own. You'll see!

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Man, that sucks: I'm deathly afraid of getting just my wisdom teeth pulled...and I'm lucky enough that my jaw may be just big enough that I don't have to. Cutting it close, but my dentist said I should be able to get away with it, at least for the time being. Hope that gets better, TrueNeutral, :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Man, that sucks: I'm deathly afraid of getting just my wisdom teeth pulled...and I'm lucky enough that my jaw may be just big enough that I don't have to. Cutting it close, but my dentist said I should be able to get away with it, at least for the time being. Hope that gets better, TrueNeutral, sad.png

I got one removed, it was super easy. Local anesthesia, then the doc used a pick, jammed it into the tooth and broke it into three pieces which he then pulled out. Then when he stopped the bleeding I could go home. The whole thing took like 5 minutes. No problem whatsoever.

What I did: tried to re-install Gran Turismo 5 in my PS3. I can't play the goddamn game because whenever it tries to download the idiotic 10+GB of updates some error happens and I have to do the whole thing again.

Consoles are the worst idea ever.

Edited by Woldan