What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

Found myself dancing in my chair while I read, due to the Labyrinth soundtrack rolling on in the background and David Bowie singing.

Is this a danger sign?

Not much but watch the bowl games. Recovering from the flu which I rarely get. Haven't had it in over ten years.

I might have damaged my little toe on my left foot, somehow - when I walk I feel a hot intense pain and it becomes completely swollen, but that will go away after a few minutes of rest.

The strange thing is most of the time when I walk it does not hurt at all and it seems perfectly fine, and then, suddenly out of the blue it hurts and gets swollen like I broke a bone.

Gonna ask the doc, but I'm not sure if he can help me, the toe appears perfectly fine when its not going crazy.

Good luck with your toe Woldan.

My drivers license expired 2 months ago so I need to make the laborious trip to the Traffic Department tomorrow to get it renewed  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My drivers license expired 2 months ago so I need to make the laborious trip to the Traffic Department tomorrow to get it renewed  :blink:

The TD ... cousin of the DMV. I just renewed mine, too. It wasn't all bad ... instead of misspelling my name on a vehicle title and failing to file my voter registration, this time they failed to acknowledge my appointment at all.   

Today I watched The Force Awakens and did not play Metal Gear. Daisy Ridley did a great job.      

All Stop. On Screen.

Back at work today. Dealing with rising waters on big muddy. So far so good. For us at least. Not so much the folks up river.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I met someone who said lifting more than 20 kilograms is bad for your spine.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I thanked him for making me laugh and then walked home and did a couple 250kg deadlifts and 100kg standing shoulder presses. 

Also I played some Return To Castle Wolfenstein - Enemy territory online. A game from 2003 and the servers are so full I got kicked several times. Such a blast. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Got a sinus infection and a fever. Feeling like crap. Couldn't get to see a doctor today because the ground is glazed with frost and the doctor took an ice day. I'd blame him, but I watched some guy fall, break something and get carted off in an ambulance from my window.

Got a sinus infection and a fever. Feeling like crap. Couldn't get to see a doctor today because the ground is glazed with frost and the doctor took an ice day. I'd blame him, but I watched some guy fall, break something and get carted off in an ambulance from my window.

Buy some nice Old Amsterdam Cheese.,...that should make you cheery ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Boss' wife had a scare when someone claimed to have kidnapped her daughter. Luckily it was just a scam and she got hold of her daughter on the phone, she's fine.

The responding officer told us that this kind of scam is going around lately.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Heh. I got an email with the "You have been selected to attend a pre-selection Interview", and I have to admit that there's something about that phrase that amuses me.  Of course, the fun thing is that it included a "please bring all schooling qualification certificates with you."    I'm like "okay, I know where my certificates from university are, but it's been nearly 20 years since my school GSCE's and then my college ones..."  So I foresee some time digging around in vain hopes of figuring out just where those ones might be.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Always hate starting a new job, as you take time to spin up but in the interim there's a feeling of being superfluous. But is only two days into it, so need to mix in with the rather small crew of people in the office. At least it is familiar product, albeit inferior in many ways to the place I was working before.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Always hate starting a new job, as you take time to spin up but in the interim there's a feeling of being superfluous. But is only two days into it, so need to mix in with the rather small crew of people in the office. At least it is familiar product, albeit inferior in many ways to the place I was working before.

Oh I never knew you got the job, well done  :thumbsup:

You don't strike me as someone who enjoys interacting with strangers ...or am I wrong?

John Milton 

Yeah, they must have been desperate or have a shoddy hiring process...

I don't enjoy interacting with strangers, but I don't enjoy taking public transit or paying bills - I can manage it when I have to :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, they must have been desperate or have a shoddy hiring process...

I don't enjoy interacting with strangers, but I don't enjoy taking public transit or paying bills - I can manage it when I have to :p

I mentioned in the past that I talk a lot in RL, I enjoy small talk and interacting with basically anyone .....I enjoy it and most of the time people appreciate it 

My boss always asks me to sit next to new people at work functions so they don't feel ignored. So he has found a way to use my excitable nature ( I'm not hyperactive despite what some people assume )  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Congrats Malc!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Argh, purple hair broke her foot and needs corrective surgery (otherwise not serious), so our moving in has been halted a little, on top of that our lease is apperantly not in order and we need paperwork done in 2 parts of town with her signature, which is hard when immobile.. With exams looming overhead as well.

Interestingly she was admitted on same day asmy little trip to the hospital (with mengitis) a year ago.. Wonder what'll happen next year?

Fortune favors the bald.

Well I'm 24 now. Time to celebrate with lots of drinking, bad music, and doing unpostable things. Then back to work and worrying about making my car payment and having enough for a couple of classes.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Was supposed to be going to Chicago next week for work but it got postponed until further notice. Sucks because next week is really the only week that works with my schedule because the following week I'll be back in class twice a week. I just hope they don't try to send me out of town on my wife's birthday for the 4th year in a row.

HBD KP!

Free games updated 3/4/21

Today I finally learned that I am privileged.

http://www.checkmyprivilege.com/checkit

Apparently my privilege doesn't exist.

At any rate I'm slightly drunk and am waiting for another hour to go out and get up to some regrettable acts.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands