Movies You've Seen Recently Thread

Blarghagh

I would have just made him Bhutanese. Similar traditions to Tibet, nicer location, doesn't piss off the chinese.

Imagine if all those 80's action movies took the sensibilities of the audience in the Soviet Union seriously.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would have just made him Bhutanese. Similar traditions to Tibet, nicer location, doesn't piss off the chinese.

Imagine if all those 80's action movies took the sensibilities of the audience in the Soviet Union seriously.

Hollywood as a whole - due to the less internationally focused business climate and the cold war - probably had little interest in the theater markets in the USSR or China.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

La Force!

French dub, Episode VII. Ren's voice is more menacing, so is Hux ... their previously bouffant playground spat graduates to a genuine Marseillean dispute.

Rey's alternate is adequate but can only pale in the shadow of Daisy. Although Young Rey's final scream during the Vision made me lose it.  

Best bit is 3PO ... the camp, golden droid translates perfectly. Even Phasma is measurably more badass, sorry Gwendoline. I estimate my French-to-English comprehension ratio is 0.00033, but of course the ideas of loss, love, and laser cannons are universal. 

Next viewing will be in Spanish. ¡Viva El Force!

All Stop. On Screen.

And for those in need of the slow motion jog nostalgia.... Baywatch, The Movie.

P7ywXEHoykm4RMFBMEJsQ4-1200-80.jpg

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was wrong. It appears the second from the right is the joke.

am9ygbV_700b.jpg

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Saw Batman vs Superman. I don't know, Batman kind of left me underwhelmed. It's not that the acting was not doing it for me, but everything Batman did left me...well...underwhelmed... The whole movie lacked that wow factor.

I think that if you took the action sequences from the Marvel movies and put them to use with the DC characters you would have gotten a great movie.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Saw Batman vs Superman. I don't know, Batman kind of left me underwhelmed. It's not that the acting was not doing it for me, but everything Batman did left me...well...underwhelmed... The whole movie lacked that wow factor.

I think that if you took the action sequences from the Marvel movies and put them to use with the DC characters you would have gotten a great movie.

I thought Affleck played him well, and Jeremy Irons is the best Alfred,but the script did not serve the talent. Hopefully the stand alone movie will be better

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought Affleck played him well, and Jeremy Irons is the best Alfred,but the script did not serve the talent. Hopefully the stand alone movie will be better

And I agree, as I said the acting was fine, I even think that the script was serviceable, but the action was just not there. Nothing got me exited in the movie. Movie needs a different director.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

And I agree, as I said the acting was fine, I even think that the script was serviceable, but the action was just not there. Nothing got me exited in the movie. Movie needs a different director.

I liked the fight to rescue Martha. Not quite Netflix Daredevil in quality, but close. Affleck is directing the standalone I believe. And he is co-writing it with Geoff Johns. Some people aren't GJ fans, but I liked his GL run, and I hear his Aquaman is great.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Eddie the Eagle.

It's a very nicely done adaption of the true story of one man's struggle to become an Olympic Athlete when everybody had told him he had no chance. The complete tenacious underdog story, with Taron Egerton playing the part of Eddie, and Hugh Jackman as the fictional former star turned alcoholic rebel as his coach. It takes a few stretches on reality, but it punches all the right emotional buttons.

• Like 1

I saw Zootopia after Laci Green stated it was a movie about Feminism and then some MRA (I guess?) guy responded saying she was exceedingly wrong and the movie is (the way he made it sound in my interpretation) more about rising above prejudice and standing up for yourself, sort of like an acknowledgement "yeah the world is **** but only you can look out for yourself." Watched cause with such different interpretations I was sure one of them had to be koo koo for cocoa puffs.

It was k. Nothing phenominal, just k, but by no means bad or anything. The climactic conflict felt very forced though. Like it all sparks due to a conflict that didn't seem neccesary and seemed fully avoidable.

Also it's about prejudice. It's about why you shouldn't be prejudice. It's against prejudice in general, but seeing as how the movie has different species, the common conclusion would of course be it's about racial prejudice. Laci Green is koo koo as the film had **** all to do with feminism, MRA guy might also be a little koo koo but couldn't quite tell cause his interpretation could VAGUELY fit it or his interpretation would make sense specifically in the context of countering Laci's.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Civil War was really fun but ended with disappointingly few real consequences.

I hate that they release movies elsewhere first

I was a big fan of the simultaneous releases but now I have to be careful to avoid spoilers for a week or two before big releases now

Free games updated 3/4/21

Episodio VII

La Fuerza ... los Jedi ... todo verdad. 

am getting the distinct impression that manifested liked the most recent star wars offering.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Civil War was really fun but ended with disappointingly few real consequences.

I hate that they release movies elsewhere first

I was a big fan of the simultaneous releases but now I have to be careful to avoid spoilers for a week or two before big releases now

This is how I felt for most of my life. :p

I find it funny that non Amerikans cried about how unfair it was the US got popular movies first (lol how much does the rest of the world love Amerikan culture while blasting it non stop? :p) yet when  it is the opposite they just mock, attack, and bully. EVIL.

That said, not too many movies on the horizon that ar e'must watch' for me. Pretty much just Suicide Squad amongst the big releases that I  'must' watch.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, something to be potentially enthusiastic on hearing this, just have to judge how far it'll go...

Ever since Dredd hit theaters back in 2012, the film has become a regular cult classic, with persistent rumors about a followup surfacing every couple of months. While our hopes were dashed last year, there are apparently new efforts to bring the character to a streaming service.
Last week, Dredd star Karl Urban tweeted out his support for a sequel produced by either Netflix or Amazon:

This past weekend, Urban was a guest at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo, and the topic of Dredd came up during his panel on Saturday afternoon. Urban, and noted that “conversations are happening” regarding a followup to Dredd on Amazon or Netflix.

Hopefully, those conversations will continue in some meaningful way: both services have been working hard to bring original content to their subscribers, while the fan base for the film has been vocal about their desire for a sequel.

iqrgc4fqtdqwyu0cu9yl.gif

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 5

I saw Zootopia after Laci Green stated it was a movie about Feminism and then some MRA (I guess?) guy responded saying she was exceedingly wrong and the movie is (the way he made it sound in my interpretation) more about rising above prejudice and standing up for yourself, sort of like an acknowledgement "yeah the world is **** but only you can look out for yourself." Watched cause with such different interpretations I was sure one of them had to be koo koo for cocoa puffs.

It was k. Nothing phenominal, just k, but by no means bad or anything. The climactic conflict felt very forced though. Like it all sparks due to a conflict that didn't seem neccesary and seemed fully avoidable.

Also it's about prejudice. It's about why you shouldn't be prejudice. It's against prejudice in general, but seeing as how the movie has different species, the common conclusion would of course be it's about racial prejudice. Laci Green is koo koo as the film had **** all to do with feminism, MRA guy might also be a little koo koo but couldn't quite tell cause his interpretation could VAGUELY fit it or his interpretation would make sense specifically in the context of countering Laci's.

I think all three of you are right. Well more specifically Laci Green and MRA guy are both right because you are right that the general theme is about prejudice.

Laci is right because the "prey species" are represented by two major female characters (Judy and Dawn) who are trying to get ahead in the big city where the power structures we see are all represented by men (Bogo, Lionheart, Mr. Big).

MRA dude is right because Judy learns not to give up on her dream because the world is against her - she can (and does) her job and ultimately the world changed to oblige her determination and skill.

But both of those readings are really there because the bigger theme is more generically prejudice and how it can shape the individual and society negatively (another lesson Judy has to learn about herself).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man