Command Console Continuously opening

haleynj

Question

When starting the game and presented with the new game/load game/exit game etc..  the console keeps popping up in the top left corner  saying to press enter to exit.   Pressing enter does not exit, however clicking again does exit.   the next click to say load a game opens it back up.   Stuck not being able to load or progress from this point.    Have to force the game to close.   This is on a mac running version 10.11.2

10 answers to this question

I once had issues with my trackpad. It accidentially was treated as a second display and messed everything up. So... It's just poking about in the fog - but maybe you could try to deactivate the trackpad (if you have a mouse) and try again?

If this doesn't help I think we have to wait for the devs. Sorry for that.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hello haleynj,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you all had a good holiday and thank you Boeroer for helping out. 

What platform of the game are you playing on? Is it Steam, GOG, App stores? Have you tried verifying the game cache if you are playing from Steam? Could you please upload a players log and you system specs? You can find the location of those files in the link in my signature.

Thanks!

Description:

When starting the game and presented with the new game/load game/exit game etc..  the console keeps popping up in the top left corner  saying to press enter to exit.   Pressing enter does not exit, however clicking again does exit.   the next click to say load a game opens it back up.   Stuck not being able to load or progress from this point.    Have to force the game to close.   This is on a macrunning version 10.11.2

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Start Game

Important Files:

If the files are too large to attach separately, compile them all in a .zip and make a link to Dropbox with the .zip

Attach files that will help the dev team figure out and resolve the issue. These include:

Savegames

No saved games present in this directory

Output Log

Directory Given not present on MAC possibly due to new install

System Specs

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBA71.0166.B08

SMC Version (system): 2.27f2

Mac Location: Click the Apple button in the corner of the screen, Click "About This Mac", Click "More Info", Copy and paste the Model and Year, Processor, Memory, Graphics, and Software information

Linux Location: Search for "system", Click "System Settings", Click "Details", Copy and paste all information

Screenshots

Intel HD Graphics 6000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 6000

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x1626

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Hello,

Just need some additional information from you. Are you playing in fullscreen or windowed mode? Have you tried Boeroer's suggestion?

I once had issues with my trackpad. It accidentially was treated as a second display and messed everything up. So... It's just poking about in the fog - but maybe you could try to deactivate the trackpad (if you have a mouse) and try again?

If this doesn't help I think we have to wait for the devs. Sorry for that.

Could you please include a screenshot and a player.log as well. You can find it in your ~/Library folder. To get to that folder, go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder > type ~/Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log

Pressing enter doesn't close the console, it allows you to start entering text. Pressing ESC will close it or pressing Enter twice.