Ok, let's settle it once and for all: ROMANCES.

How important are romances to you?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. How important are romances to you?

• VERY important. I really, really want to see them in KOTORII!
    • Somewhat important. They're entertaining, but not critical.
    • I don't care either way.
    • I kinda disliked them in the first game, but to each their own.
    • GET RID OF THEM! I don't like 'em one bit.

A lot of people don't like the Bioware romances of BGII and KOTOR. 'I'd rather not deal with a bunch of cheesy PG-rated romantic cliches', they say. Of course, a large number of people really like the 'romances', even making them one of the central selling points of the game.

So let's see what the proportion is. Are you interested enough in 'romances' that you would be annoyed if there weren't any in KOTORII? Are they a nice little feature about which you mostly couldn't care less? Would you take outright glee at seeing 'romances' excised from the game?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I don't mind the "romances", if they are well written (the ones on Kotor wasn't, talk about juvenile pickup lines).

If done well, they add flavour to the gaming experience. Much the same as nice tilesets, musical scores, plots, storyline etc.

If done badly, they make you cringe.

:p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I actually enjoyed the romance bit in the first game. I don't think it's absolutely necessary for the game to be a success,but the action & romance thingy kind of "goes together" in those type of games,because a good RPG should have it all.

A bit sappy, I know, but that's my opinion. B)

Can't get it right ?!? Don't do it.

Sadly, i have a feel they will be there reguardless if they are done right or not.

Personally, i wouldn't mind to romance the silver haired girl. I'm in love with the artwork already, if done correctly, it could improve the game greatly.

When my computer grows a set of lips then I will want a romance.

You've already got a disk drive. Just close your eyes and pretend it's Bastila. Loser boy.

It might entail an embarassing call to the computer repair shop though. :p:p

When my computer grows a set of lips then I will want a romance.

You've already got a disk drive. Just close your eyes and pretend it's Bastila. Loser boy.

It might entail an embarassing call to the computer repair shop though. :p:p

LMAO - Talk about desperate... :p

As I recall, in the original KOTOR, you didn't have to participate in the romances if you didn't want to. I say they should include an attempt at romance. Players that don't want it in the game can choose not to participate, players that like it have it.

Personally, I didn't mind the romances in the first KOTOR. I have enough interest in them that when I'm replaying the game, I'll go through with it, but nowhere near enough interest to write or read fan fic about them. If there are none in KOTOR 2 I might be slightly dissapointed, but nowhere near enough to dissuade me from buying the game.

I'm neutral to game roamnces. however, they tend to add a lot of role-playing to games though and that's always a good thing.

I agree. If my character - some super power having badass - wants to get a little action from one of his female companions, he should be able to. Romances have always seemed very popular with the female side of BioWares audience too, so what the heck. I don't really care when the options not included though.

I see romances as being essential to a strong RPG. The romances should enrich the story and flesh out the characters more in addition to involving the player more emotionally with the characters. However, romances should not overshadow the main plot of the game unless of course it is critical to the plot. A strong romance adds more to the story overall. Since this is a RPG centered on characters and story, tt could also end up affecting the main plot as well. This can definitely be improved upon over KotOR, which had some honestly weak romances. I also liked the idea of minor bonuses to couples that are active.

There are two components to most action stories (at least the modern ones): a romance and a lot of killing. Every RPG I've seen has the latter (in fact, I wish there was less violence and more alternative but equally attractive solutions). It is fairly important to have the former. I'd categorize this under party interaction -- if your character is going to spend so much time with an attractive member of the opposite sex, why not make it more pleasant? It does have to be good though -- but I'd prefer even a bad one if I was allowed to ignore it and it didn't take up too much time.

I want a sticker that says "grass, gas or ass, nobody rides for free" on the millinium falc- er, ebon hawk.

Since the Ebon Hawk doesn't seem to need gas, I really hope that Zaalbar collected some smoke on Kashyykk. I can't bear to think of the alternative.

*shudder*

I want a sticker that says "grass, gas or ass, nobody rides for free" on the millinium falc- er, ebon hawk.

Since the Ebon Hawk doesn't seem to need gas, I really hope that Zaalbar collected some smoke on Kashyykk. I can't bear to think of the alternative.

*shudder*

An alternative could be bringing a donkey.

Since you Americans don't know how to spell 'arse'.

An alternative could be bringing a donkey.

There are no donkeys in KotOR2, or wizards hats or rideable horses either.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?