[GUIDE] How to kill Undead Raedric PoTD SOLO WIZARD (minor SPOILER)

Hello guys. I'm new here on the forum and like you all, i am a very PoE fan. I finished the game a few times until I wish some challenge, so I decided to make a wizard and play solo PoTD diffculty. This guide aims to help those who want to pull your hair when you face undead Readric in difficulty PoTD SOLO  (The Champion of Bareth quest). By far it was the strongest opponent I faced and those damn Fampyrs (agility OP, charming OP and damage OP). Unfortunately I did not record the attempt, but i'm showing the loot in the screenshot (He carry many Scars) to prove. I'll speak the needed items and explain when to use them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weapons 1 --> Purgatory + Sura's Supper Plate (Fampyr is weak against slash damage)
Weapons 2 --> Blesca's Labor + Old Gerun's Wall (Undea raedric is weak against crush damage)

Armor-> Coat of Payment III (retaliation)

Boots of Speed ​​(IMPORTANT!)

Rest Gear -->  What ever you want.

Potions --> Potion of Major Endurance / Potion Of Major Recovery

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the conversation go down the stairs as quickly as possible and, therefore, it's important to be using Boots of Speed, if not, you'll be reached and they'll kick your ass. Use the potion of major recovery, so when you get charmed, so the effect vanishes quickly. Then wait for the last enemy go away and try to attract one by one. First the Fampyrs. If Raedric comes first it is also great.

Since you managed to attract an enemy use the following spells conform screenshot of my spell book: Deleterious Alacrity of Motion ---> Merciless Gaze ---> Eldrict Aim ---> Llengrath's Safeguard or any other spell that gives high deflection (like arcane veil). Always watch out about endurance (use potion!!). Purgatory + Sura's Supper Plate must be in the weapon slot 1, because if you get charm the game changes to weapon slot 2 (bug?) and this make u lose reaction time. Prefer only one foe, but if you face two fampyr (never more then two) use Gaze of Adragan and will quickly kill both.

Coat of Payment III is good cause it gives some damage output, but if u prefer another armor its ok.

Do this with all Fampyrs, or most of them, until you can attract undead readric. Here it's more chilling. Change to weapon set 2 (Blesca's Labor + Old Gerun's Wall). Use this spells: Deleterious Alacrity of Motion  --->  Merciless Gaze ---> Eldrict Aim   ---> Llengrath's Safeguard  ---> Expose Vulnerabilities (his defenses NUTS!) and summon Iridescent Scarab figurine. Make the Scarab flank Readric and kick his ass!

WARNING !!! Be careful with his OP skill. FINGER OF DEATH !!! When he casts this thing run away, because if he get you... is one shot buddy! Instant kill (in one of the attempts to kill him, hit me 300+ damage).

I hope you enjoyed the guide I hope have it clear, because English is not my mother language. Any questions just ask. Hug to everyone!

SCREENSHOTS

ixc8s1.jpg

wlr6z7.jpg
oqg5dh.jpg
2uh944h.jpg14t0tmp.jpg
Edited by jeanpaim
  • Like 1

Nice. Just two things:

- Fampyr

- Supper Plate (although it's suuper nice)

;)

I didn't do this fight for some time. Are the fampyrs or Raedric immune to afflictions like prone?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nice. Just two things:

- Fampyr

- Supper Plate (although it's suuper nice)

;)

I didn't do this fight for some time. Are the fampyrs or Raedric immune to afflictions like prone?

Thx for the feedback and already made the corrections.  

About your question. YES, They can be proned. Llengrath's Safeguard, besides giving excellent defense, it has a peculiarity that when your stamina hits 50%, there's an explosion that repelled the opponent and prone them. They can suffer all affliction, although they have high resistence. I already confuse fampyr using Bewildering Spectacle spell.

I never tried to lure them one by one with my cipher and I especially wouldn't do it with wizard.

The staff is super op since it reaches behind enemies.

Just lure them down the stairs, there is a corner which you can use as chokepoint to fight one or two at a time and not get flanked.

@Magician

I never tried to lure them one by one with my cipher and I especially wouldn't do it with wizard.

Just lure them down the stairs, there is a corner which you can use as chokepoint to fight one or two at a time and not get flanked.

I tried to do it. To stay in the very lower corner, but that Fampyr's charming skill is so annoying, that was impossible do more than 5 hits without they spam that thing.

@Evoker

You put the spoiler in your subject line.

Yeah. I couldn't put a better title without mentioning Readric's raise. Mainly because is much more easy for people find this kind of content, when looking for help on google.

I've used the following things:

Before the battle:

all food, Gaze of the Adragan Trap, Chill Fog.

In the battle:

Buffs - Prayer against Treachery ( granted by the flail Forgotten Tears of Beloved ), Arcane Veil, Deleterious Alacrity of Motion, Llengrath's Safeguard, Llengrath's Displaced Image.

Nukes - Minoletta's Precisely Piersing Burst, Torrent of Flame, and ( optional ) Ninagauth's Shadowflame.

Other spells - Citzal's Spirit Lance, Substantial Phantom ( optional ), and Citzal's Martial Power ( I've refreshed some buffs before ).

Figurines - Scarab, Spider, Lamp.

Gear -  light armor & fast casting seems more reasonable, so it was Gwisk Glas ( Durgan-Reinforced ), Gauntlets of Swift Action, The Dunryd Demon, two Rings of Wizardry, Lilith's Shawl, Forgotten Tears of Beloved, Boots of Speed and Girdle of Eoten Constitution.

@Magician

I tried to do it. To stay in the very lower corner, but that Fampyr's charming skill is so annoying, that was impossible do more than 5 hits without they spam that thing.

@Evoker

You put the spoiler in your subject line.

Yeah. I couldn't put a better title without mentioning Readric's raise. Mainly because is much more easy for people find this kind of content, when looking for help on google.

Their AI is probably better now, just remembered, that my cipher fight was way before 2.0, I think 1.4 or smth.^^