On the fence about WM:P1? Don't be

Just got this for Christmas and already finished (if i didn't get it as a gift i wasnt going to buy it),  Have to say it feels like a different game than the OC. Better loot, better writing, larger zones, more quests with meaning for the story behind them.

Important Pros for me:

Awesome rewards for going out of your way, The loot just blows the OC out of the water. Really makes you think you are upgrading slots.

High level class abilities fill in the gaps that a lot of classes had. (Paladin AOE, Barbarian Movement, Cipher attack speed, Priest Ressing, etc, etc, etc)

Some fights are very challenging (played PoTD high level content) and made me actually cast more than the standard opener

ARMOR PENALTY REDUCTION

Dragon boss doesnt have some moral dilemma around him. Just a good ol fashioned baddie

Annoying Cons:

Hey even stronger spirits... with more annoying CC abilities.....yay....Why are Spirits > Dragons?

Josh is still ramming thousands of monsters onto the screen at any given time

Immunites: Caster mobs should never have them unless they are a boss

DR keeps increasing, still only one spell to lower it on one class.

Cross Class talents suck except 1

Long-lasting Prebuffs are really really needed. Opening every single fight with buffs is annoying

I don't know. I like the Cipher cross-class talent for Chanters. It isn't like they have much better to take.

How are the new companions?

O I am a min maxer... I can honestly say I know nothing about the companions lol i make my own. But their introductions were solid enough.  The monk seemed very believable and funny.

Edited by Benedictous

Mini paladin aura is nice for a party that doesn't want a paladin. 

I stick it on Kana and give him a big shield. 

That is the fun thing, i wished Chanters have some talents to improve their chants... and Galant is one way to do it. ;-)

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

Mini paladin aura is nice for a party that doesn't want a paladin. 

I stick it on Kana and give him a big shield. 

That is the fun thing, i wished Chanters have some talents to improve their chants... and Galant is one way to do it. ;-)

I hear Chanters are getting a complete overhaul next patch. ABOUT TIME TOO... I've been ranting since the game came out that Chanters are worthless piles of trash.

Chanter overhaul is interesting thing to see.

One problem with Chanters is that other classes with level progression generally gets better at what they do. Like casters can spam spells more generously.

But with chanter... if you use your high end chants to cast high end invocations it will take forever to charge. And that is counterproductive mechanic.

I love that Chanters are getting an overhaul. I kept one in my group but I never considered him poopoo, with a Stun Summoner and a pike with debuff Chants, a lot of battles were a cakewalk it seemed. But sure, consider them poopoo and buff 'em up please!

Edited by Zenbane