All Aboard the 2016 Hype Train

Keyrock

Active hype...

- Pillars of Eternity White March Part 2

- Overwatch

Dormant hype... (not yet excited but will most likelt be)

- Pillars of Eternity II Announcement

- Kingdom Hearts III (release date or more news, 2017-2018 I believe)

- Final Fantast XV (same as KH3)

- Torment: ToN (I'm not following it, but I am looking forward to it)

- No Man's Sky

- Doom

- Dishonored 2

Edited by Osvir

Mass effect, Divinity OS 2,Numenera, and possibly Cyberpunk. Oh and Stellaris.

Why did CDPR even announce Cyberpunk if they are going to announce, then release another game, and expansions for that game a year or more before they release Cyberpunk?

They're on a different release schedule?  It's no different than BioWare hyping the Mass Effect series working on the next Dragon Age, or vice versa.  CDPR focused their hype on the Witcher 3, with Cyberpunk only in the background with a vague "we're working on it", and now that TW3 has been out for awhile, Cyberpunk will get more hype.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

XCOM2

Totalwar: Warhammer

Deus Ex: MD

Torment:ToN

Most likely:

Doom

Shadow Warrior 2

BG: Siege of Dragonspear

Overwatch - if good it will compete for my DotA2 time

If released:

Divinity:OS 2

Cyberpunk 2077

Unlikely, but maybe:

ME: Andromeda. - will probably wait until later to see the reception, like i did with FO4 - I am not buying FO4 any time soon, so who knows, ME:A might be also in that, "**** to never look back at again" bin

Edited by Darkpriest

Mass effect, Divinity OS 2,Numenera, and possibly Cyberpunk. Oh and Stellaris.

Why did CDPR even announce Cyberpunk if they are going to announce, then release another game, and expansions for that game a year or more before they release Cyberpunk?

They're on a different release schedule?  It's no different than BioWare hyping the Mass Effect series working on the next Dragon Age, or vice versa.  CDPR focused their hype on the Witcher 3, with Cyberpunk only in the background with a vague "we're working on it", and now that TW3 has been out for awhile, Cyberpunk will get more hype.

I just don't get why they would announce a game and not show anything on it for years. Why not wait until they had something to show?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

White March II

Star Ocean 5

Tales of Berseria

Torment

Gran Turismo Sport

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix

Dark Souls 3

Atelier Sophie

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II

Stellaris

Probably Doom and Shadow Warrior II. It is very long time, when I played solid single player FPS. But only Shadow Warrior will be released on GOG, so I know who will get my money if I decide to buy new one.

I wish I would be hyped for Final Fantasy XV as well, but well, the more I read about it the less hyped I am for it. All I can see is Skyrim with japanese bling bling.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is set for a summer release as well. I wonder if they'll make it but yeah... game looks like it could be interesting.

I didn't include it on my list because I'm not confident about when it will come out, but I'm definitely very interested in the game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Side note: call it BioWare syndrome, but I'm never buying another game before I see a half dozen great reviews, and I never pre-order (last time I did was DAI, and boy that was a mistake).

Did you get burned by Jade Empire too? :D
I liked almost every BioWare game pre-DA2, and I've hated all (aside from DAI which I thought was alright if underwhelming) post DA2, but bought them anyway because of the company logo (before I knew the games weren't that great).

Many have high hopes for ME:A, but not I.

Edited by the_dog_days

I've slacked off on buying many new-to-the world games, and I'm OK with that.  

PoE:tWM and Torment are paid-for already, so I'll get them and probably play after a patch or two hit the streets.  Apart from that, I'll be playing catch-up.  I've got a few evenings of playtime left before I wrap up Dragon Age: Inquisition (which I'm enjoying more than I expected to), and both the Shadowrun expansions are still in the queue.  I'm looking forward to playing The Witcher 3 once I get around to upgrading my rig (which might be in 2016, but might not).  I might eventually grab Fallout 4.  A friend has been talking up Darkest Dungeon to me, so I might try that out. 

I enjoyed the predecessors to the forthcoming Deus Ex, Dishonored, and Mass Effect offerings enough to be interested.  If they're well received, I'll pick them up once their inevitable DLC cycles near completion (2017-18, most likely).  

It is very long time, when I played solid single player FPS.

Soo have you played Wolfenstein: The New Order? Just sayin'.

I ain't touching Steam even with a 10-foot pole... so no. If Beth put it on GoG, it would be day 0 purchase.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Side note: call it BioWare syndrome, but I'm never buying another game before I see a half dozen great reviews, and I never pre-order (last time I did was DAI, and boy that was a mistake).

Did you get burned by Jade Empire too? :D
I liked almost every BioWare game pre-DA2, and I've hated all (aside from DAI which I thought was alright if underwhelming) post DA2, but bought them anyway because of the company logo (before I knew the games weren't that great).

Many have high hopes for ME:A, but not I.

I got lucky: I was off-put by DA: O and the characters in it, and wound up waiting for the demo instead of 'trusting in the brand name'.  Played the demo and realised that I was 'done' with the Bioware characters and dialogue, that I not so much hated but just could not get emotionally invested in them anymore and just could not stand to deal with the same bollocks again. 

My gf got a preowned copy of DA:I on the PS4, which let me watch the first bit of it while playing on my laptop, and I have to say the dialogue seems even worse, it is absolutely dreadful, I mean I not only had no idea what was going on and did not find the characters believable but I found the actual dialogue genuinely atrociously bad.  For a company that writes a ton of dialogue for their games, that is really bad.  Considering the amount of games out there right now that have not only damn good writing but really rather stellar writing by other companies, Bioware cannot now continue to rely on it's reputation as a storyteller anymore, especially since they have pretty much used up and squandered their credibility as it is. 

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Shattered Timelines DLC for Sentinels of The Multiverse...

After that I guess Torment and XCOM 2.

But also:

Dark Future: Blood Red States and

Ghost of a Tale (But before the forum rodent gets his paws on it, just so I can post screenshots and watch Keyrock's reactions)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

No Man's Sky, and yes, it's going to be on PC as well. It's largely single player and can be played offline, unlike E:D. (Looks like there's more to do than in E:D as well.)

• Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

• 4 weeks later...

Far Cry Primal. Rise of the Tomb Raider (for PS4, Xbox Heathens) Mankind Divided, Xcom 2 Total War warhammer, Uncharted 4, Mirrors Edge.

Also Mafia III and Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pillars and Witcher's expansions

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, devs didn't show any sign of delay but it doesn't seem like it'll be finished by summer

Deus Ex MD

Xcom 2

Mafia 3

Andromeda, if they release it this year

DoS2, only if there is no forced 2 characters to control

Also there is no way CP2077 releasing this year.

Oh and The Technomancer could surprise us, Very Witcher2-3 like gamepay, seemed not too bad : p

Edited by Quillon

have not played poe since release o' white march.  we refused to play half an expansion as we felt such would be impossible for us to judge fair. so, white march I and II is at top of our list.

torment

xcom 2 (will wait six months post release)

swtor new chapters... though interest is waning.

we would add me: andromeda, but we ain't yet worked up the will to play da:i.  as is our habit for non-crowdfunding games, we wait to pay.  for bioware releases, we now hold off 'til game of the year release becomes available.   got goty da:i for under $30 in december o' 2015.  am suspecting we do similar for me:andromeda.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You know you are getting old when you actually struggle to think of a game you are looking forward to... =]

• Like 5

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You know you are getting old when you actually struggle to think of a game you are looking forward to... =]

Well i have a backlog of like 40 games which i did not even install yet, but with each year it is like 1-3 games i would be hyped for. But then during the year something pops up, and lands in my ever expanding backlog...

• Like 1