• 2 months later...

^ Looks like Triumph of the Crusaders was quite handy, as Lay on Hands wasn't even used :)

P.S. 80h+ into the game, I learn that one can use the food, by dropping it onto the portrait...

Edited by MaxQuest

^ Looks like Triumph of the Crusaders was quite handy, as Lay on Hands wasn't even used :)

P.S. 80h+ into the game, I learn that one can use the food, by dropping it onto the portrait...

Yes, Triumph of the Crusaders is very strong and has good synergy with Sacred Immolation. But Vigurous Defense coupled with Defiant Resolve and Faith and Conviction is the real deal...  :)

Nice job, that looks a lot cleaner than my attempt.

Would you say this strategy is reliable for Trial of Iron? It seems like a bad roll on the Helpless Beast spell could easily screw you over there.

If you play it safe it's very reliable - keep your health maxed and use potions of Major Recovery. You can also drop a little your resolve to max constitution. Even if you're very unlucky and she hits you, the transformation won't last long enough for dragons to kill you because of the Major Recovery.

That's a good point. I didn't even consider the power of Major Recovery potions. It's so rare for a solo Paladin to actually have to worry about status effects in the later stages of the game. :)

Now I wonder what other classes could conceivably solo the fight. Overmind said he did it with a Chanter. I'd imagine Ranger would be possible as well. Maybe Fighters?

The chanter has unlimited summons he can use like meat shields and kill with a bow.

I think the encounter is doable with a speedy character and a bow. But you have to be able to tank a few ranged attacks or/and use some confusion scrolls to make them use their projectiles on other targets.

I don't think a fighter can tank like the paladin or at least not reliably. He will be debuffed rather easily and then the damage will start adding up very fast.

• 4 months later...

Tested for the fun paladin solo vs adra dragon with the last patch, but without WM1&2 installed, and it's by far the hardest fight in the game. All the changes/nerfs to paladins made this fight very different from what it was before 2.0. Before 2.0 you had just to use food and with Drawn in Spring you could easily take her down without even using a single potion. After 3.0 you have to use potions like crazy to stay alive and be able to outlast her...