How are you moving that fast with a 3 DEX? is in fast mode or something? Awesome job man

Yes, fast mode + dagger + durgan enchantments + potion of alacrity.

Great^^ Is it necessary to min/max the attributes?

My second question is, can your paladin handle everything ( all encounters, bounties, packs, etc ) in this game?

Yes, if you want to minimize the risks - for example I can't be petrified at all in the videos. Yes, I finished all the quests, but don't imagine you'll simply walk in the middle of the packs and kill everything. You have to split them to defeat them - especially in the expansion.

Nice! Which difficulty is this?

PotD (you can see it at the beginning of each video).

PS. I didn't use Concelhaut's spell because it's bugged and can one shot the dragons.  8)  

Edited by Kaylon

Nice videos :)

I also killed all the dragons with solo Rogue. Adra Dragon was VERY easy. I used Sap twice, and it stunned him for total of 18 seconds. Which was enough to kill him.

However, Alpine Dragon seems imunne to Stun, I killed him before this newest patch, but now I cannot due to his immunity.

He's immune to the "normal" stun affliction - but did anybody run a test if he's also immune to the stun effect of unique weapons? The affliction they cause is something different than the normal stun and maybe he will get affected. But it will be very hard to test since you will not land a crit very often.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nice videos :)

I also killed all the dragons with solo Rogue. Adra Dragon was VERY easy. I used Sap twice, and it stunned him for total of 18 seconds. Which was enough to kill him.

However, Alpine Dragon seems imunne to Stun, I killed him before this newest patch, but now I cannot due to his immunity.

Yes, the alpine is immune to any kind of stun, but not to petrify. Maybe you can petrify him using a trap and try to finish him fast enough. And what about the adds, how do you deal with them? How do you avoid to get petrified?

Edited by Kaylon

Well mobs with Adra Dragon were only Xaurips, they didnt do anything to me.

And when I was killing Alpine Dragon in pre-patch (it was during september when it was released) only one thing attacked me, it was some Blight and it also didnt do anything to me. I attacked Alpine Dragon from the left side, very close to the loot in that hole behind him. So other mobs didnt even see me. I finished them after I killed the dragon.

If you haven't encountered petrifying Andragans with the Adra Dragon, then I take it that you didn't play on PotD difficulty?

Alpine Dragon summons Wraiths, Phantoms and Spectres when you hit him - so again I assume you didn't do that on PotD?

Edited by Boeroer

Ah, ok.

Adra and Alpine Dragon on PotD are a lot harder to kill because they have higher stats (Defenses, Accuracy) and more (dangerous) minions. You need very high defenses in order to avoid being cc'd. 

The Alpine Dragon is the hardest (in my opinion) because he has a lot of minions and there's very little space to move. So kiting or splitting doesn't work well.

My biggest issue against the dragons was always to avoid getting petrified by the adds because a single graze means game over (and in PotD adragans have 100 accuracy...). With the ranger I killed all the adds before attacking the adra dragon and used summons as meat shields vs adragans and I suppose a rogue can do it too, however this tactic doesn't work  vs the alpine dragon...

Ah, ok.

Adra and Alpine Dragon on PotD are a lot harder to kill because they have higher stats (Defenses, Accuracy) and more (dangerous) minions. You need very high defenses in order to avoid being cc'd. 

The Alpine Dragon is the hardest (in my opinion) because he has a lot of minions and there's very little space to move. So kiting or splitting doesn't work well.

Not only that, but the alpine also has Sneak Attack and Death Blows which means even a graze does huge damage when you get flanked or/and prone (that's why I tried to find a spot to avoid flanking)

It does +25% raw damage over time, +45% damage from being superb, you can put a +25% lash on it and it and has +17 ACC. It's the only one-handed weapon that has the wounding enchantment. I think it's one of the most underestimated weapons in the game. It comes very late in the game though (Endless Paths lvl 12/13).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Each dragon has different vulnerabilities however Drawn in Spring is the best slash weapon and also the best weapon against high DR enemies (over 15DR), overall good vs everything but Earth Blights. Also it benefits from the Flick of the Wrist talent which gives another +4 accuracy to daggers/stilettos.

Edited by Kaylon

If you haven't encountered petrifying Andragans with the Adra Dragon, then I take it that you didn't play on PotD difficulty?

The Adra Dragon definitely has Adragans on hard, or at least does on the current patch. They're located roughly "behind" it, and if I recall correctly there are four of them.

Edit: Changed the alpine dragon video and used a more optimized build (no healing potions used) based on the fact that his attacks don't target your deflection. Also I'm showing more details in the logs during combat for people who want to understand what really happens.

• Like 1

My second question is, can your paladin handle everything ( all encounters, bounties, packs, etc ) in this game?

Yes, if you want to minimize the risks - for example I can't be petrified at all in the videos. Yes, I finished all the quests, but don't imagine you'll simply walk in the middle of the packs and kill everything. You have to split them to defeat them - especially in the expansion.

Wow, awesome videos!

I think you may have already answered this, but is Wild Orlan necessary (because of the +10 to defenses)? It looked that way but I wasn't sure.

Wow, awesome videos!

I think you may have already answered this, but is Wild Orlan necessary (because of the +10 to defenses)? It looked that way but I wasn't sure.

It's recommended because the fear aura continuously attacks your will and you'll have nearly permanent +10 all defenses vs dragons.

• 1 month later...

Very nice strategies, just killed the Alpine for the first time ever on the first try.

I made some minor changes to your build and I also ummmmmmmmm, went in the fight with minor fatigue, forgot to put on boots of stability and realised before the fight, that I have no fruit and can craft no dragon dish.

So I thought I wouldn't be able to kill it and have to relaod, but I still kicked it's ass easily.

An "alpine dragon is a wussy" video is gonna follow for sure. :D