Due to my severe restart syndrome, I decided to only have two simutaneous playthroughts, one with 4+ story companions and one a mostly custom party.

On my custom playthrought, I had an idea to make my Watcher a Barbarian, however I wanted to try a "weird" build, so I based my build on the interrupt barbarian and on somethings I saw on the attack speed thread. But I want to make a damage dealing barbarian, not an interrupter.

So what is the point? The point is, I want to make a damage dealing barbarian with 8 MIG and 17 DEX that uses a stilleto with an empty left hand.

The idea is that using Oidhreacht, the draining stilleto that can be found early at Caed Nua, vulnerable attack and high accuracy, plus a chanter or Aloth debuffing enemy DR when needed, the low might wont pose too much trouble to my damage, and the healing will allow me to survive a single foe while wearing lighter armor.

Why using a single one-handed weapon instead of two? Because it looks cooler, and because while frenzying in lighter armors with high DEX the speed difference is not that great at all. Plus, I may pick a small shield if I feel like it.

Of course, I haven't run the numbers, or even killed a certain nobleman with this char yet, so I ask: Sounds viable on Hard?

Ps: I havent bought WM1 yet, but I will do it soon anyway, so feel free to give advice related to it.

Pps: If this build works, I am going to call it "The Hydra's Fangs"

EDIT: I also plan to make heavy use of combusting wounds and interrupts. I know this build wouldn't be worth it purely as a damage dealer anyway, but Barbarians are one of the best classes to go looking for sinergies.

Plus, killing entire crowds with a single knife that once belonged to a telepath is awesome. I may even write a backstory for him if it works.

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 1

I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work. Just this: since your MIG is quite low your damage per hit also will be low - especially with carnage - which means that your draining also will be quite whimpy. Maybe that some of your hits against high DR foes won't leech any endurance at all. So maybe you should invest some more points into MIG. Seems that you could spare some PER, since you get +12 ACC from one handed fighting.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work. Just this: since your MIG is quite low your damage per hit also will be low - especially with carnage - which means that your draining also will be quite whimpy. Maybe that some of your hits against high DR foes won't leech any endurance at all. So maybe you should invest some more points into MIG. Seems that you could spare some PER, since you get +12 ACC from one handed fighting.

Thank you for the input. It is just that I like to take stat spreads that make little sense and then find ways to make them work. This project of mine started with me trying to find out how to make a low Might damage dealer and picking a Barbarian instead of another more sane alternative like a rogue.

EDIT: Typos. I hate them.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

8 MIG can work I guess. It's not superlow and you can always put on some +MIG gear.

And you'll have Frenzy of course.

Try to fetch Ryona's Vambraces from the alpine dragon (dialogue option) as soon as possible. +3 DR bypass for a total of 11 will be very good for your fast hitting barb.

I also found that Veteran's Recovery plus a regenerating item like Trollhide Belt is a nice supplement for a low dmg draining weapon. But that was with maxed MIG, so I don't know if it's worth it with low MIG.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Thank you, the purpose of the build was more to make a certain weird look and stat distribution viable, not to be particulary effective. I will go with more MIG for now and respec into the original distribution when I get into the White March. As I said, I like to try to make weird things work.

Of course. I get that. Nearly all of the builds that I love most are the weird ones. :)

I absolutely think your idea is viable, even for PotD. Please buy him a fancy purple/gold duelist outfit and post a screenshot! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3