What would you do if you had unlimited time and money?

Heijoushin

Why would everyone want to live in two areas. Did humans transform into hive-minded creatures who desire to live in tropical climates overnight?

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why would you want to live in hot sweaty areas when you can live in temperate forests? Why would you live by the sea when you can enjoy the open plains? People have different tastes in all kinds of stuff, including habitats.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It would still cause.problems because at any given time there would be more people wanting to go to the same place than there is room for it. As is the huge limiting factor is the wealth. If that gets thrown out of the window, we will have living space as the most limiting factor and that's the only thing which is limited unless you are a god ans can create new planets and universes at whim.

I'd use it to build a time machine and go back in time and tell Heijoushin to reword the OP to say "What would you do with yourself if time and money were not a problem". I think that was what he meant. Not that the ideas of benevolent dictatorships, robot space armies and harems haven't been entertaining though.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd use it to build a time machine and go back in time and tell Heijoushin to reword the OP to say "What would you do with yourself if time and money were not a problem". I think that was what he meant. Not that the ideas of benevolent dictatorships, robot space armies and harems haven't been entertaining though.

:lol:

You probably right...you make me laugh with your accurate insight 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It would still cause.problems because at any given time there would be more people wanting to go to the same place than there is room for it. As is the huge limiting factor is the wealth. If that gets thrown out of the window, we will have living space as the most limiting factor and that's the only thing which is limited unless you are a god ans can create new planets and universes at whim.

If we had unlimited resources, what would stop us from creating artificial islands or colonizing Mars and the moon?

More realistically, as realistically as immediate post-resource scarcity is at any rate, why would the response be to start killing rather than utilizing infinite resources to build new shelter or moving somewhere else? Especially considering that killing is the option with more negative consequences and effort involved.

The standard response to the time machine is "kill Hitler".

• Like 1

If we had unlimited resources, what would stop us from creating artificial islands or colonizing Mars and the moon?

More realistically, as realistically as immediate post-resource scarcity is at any rate, why would the response be to start killing rather than utilizing infinite resources to build new shelter or moving somewhere else? Especially considering that killing is the option with more negative consequences and effort involved.

The standard response to the time machine is "kill Hitler".

Just don't step on any butterflies while you are doing it

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would build a bunch of epic stone monuments to myself with carved stone walls describing me doing amazing things so in 1000 years when our society has collapsed and risen again and archaeologists study us, I will be the gteatest of our kings.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Build an empire

Two chicks at the same time

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In order

Dog shelter

Homeless shelter

Free clinic

Travel

I'm boring, I know

You left out restaurants and cooking food ....you like those :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...With unlimited resources, there's nothing stopping you from pouring it all into virtual reality research, and let everyone live in their own simulated version of whatever nice place they want to live in.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I would become a nomad and travel the world, moving from region to region, country to country, and eventually, planet to planet, never staying in one place for more than a year or two.

Also, I would behead all the other immortals because there can be only one.

Any excuse to post a Queen song is a good excuse.  ;)

Seems like a good premise.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Why would they want to live in poorly hospitable areas? Why would you want to live in ever fogged.and rainy UK if you had everything aside of nice weather? Why would you want to live in Afghan half deserts when you could live in a place.with nice weather? Etc etc.

If I had my druthers, I'd live 6 months at the North Pole and then 6 months at the South Pole. I'd stick with the dark months, as I hate the sun.

Become a reclusive mad scientist that tries to summon inconceivable horrors from the sixth dimension

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Become a reclusive mad scientist that tries to summon inconceivable horrors from the sixth dimension

But you would want to live in my ideal world? Remember Orog think about how safe you would be ...no one would be able to tease you ..think  " permanent safe room "  :dancing:

John Milton 

In order

Dog shelter

Homeless shelter

Free clinic

Travel

I'm boring, I know

If I can't do charitable things then eating at all the best restaurants would likely crack my list but be behind owning my own book store. Again, probably boring but if money was no issue and I didn't need to worry about it actually making a profit then I would definitely have my own book store.... And travel still. Books and vacations and good food. Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

In order

Dog shelter

Homeless shelter

Free clinic

Travel

I'm boring, I know

store.... And travel still. Books and vacations and good food.

Yes those are wise words  :thumbsup:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I would finally be able to implement my Utopian version of SJ, Capitalist governments that would make the world  a much better place overall

Yes there would be increased moderation and censorship but it wouldn't be inordinate. I would have a global system where if a certain government is irredeemably corrupt or abuses its people then yes they get removed and replaced by someone who actually understands good governance. This new person should ideally come from within the country 

So yes in my world I would have removed the governments of places like Syria, Sudan, North Korea and  Zimbabwe ages ago. But of course this is not done without consideration around improvements they need to make

Bruce, in a world with unlimited resources don't you think that capitalism would kind of obsolete?

The premise of the thread is unlimited resources for YOU

There's no difference if you give away vast amounts of your unlimited resources.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I would finally be able to implement my Utopian version of SJ, Capitalist governments that would make the world  a much better place overall

Yes there would be increased moderation and censorship but it wouldn't be inordinate. I would have a global system where if a certain government is irredeemably corrupt or abuses its people then yes they get removed and replaced by someone who actually understands good governance. This new person should ideally come from within the country 

So yes in my world I would have removed the governments of places like Syria, Sudan, North Korea and  Zimbabwe ages ago. But of course this is not done without consideration around improvements they need to make

Bruce, in a world with unlimited resources don't you think that capitalism would kind of obsolete?

The premise of the thread is unlimited resources for YOU

There's no difference if you give away vast amounts of your unlimited resources.

It would be seen as more generous if it was limited?

John Milton