What would you do if you had unlimited time and money?

Heijoushin

Supposedly this is a good question to ask yourself when you're trying to figure out what your purpose in life is.

So I'm curious as to what your answer are. C'mon, give it some thought. You might get bored of playing video games 24/7 after a while;)

Edited by Heijoushin

I'd like to buy more land, hire staff and build a home/shelter for elderly homeless dogs. No dog deserves to be in a shelter but how much less so the elderly ones? Either lost or abandoned by their families they deserve a warm safe place to live out the time they have left. I always said if I ever won the lottery that is what I'd do. Of course I almost never play the lottery because... well I can do math.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm sure I would do some charitable stuff.

But really I'd buy some land, build a cool looking castle type structure, grow hops and barley, and run my own microbrewery.  I'd bring on a few friends I have to market it and the actual brewing process.  I'd also build a mobile taproom and take it to different events around the city.  

Oh and I'd buy a Tesla.  I wouldn't buy a stable of cars, but that is the one I would like to own.

I'd move to some fairly remote place and build super intelligence agency, so i could observe the events in the world and compare with my predictions. Then I would occasionally interact, by doing various jobs to see how is the life of regular people on day to day basis in various parts of the world. Would see how the cultures develop, how countries and civilizations rise and fall. The only purpose would be new discoveries and I would hope that one day I can meet another advanced civilization and exchange my millenia long studies with their own history, or perhaps just show that advanced civilization that they originated from earth millions of years ago. 

Supposedly this is a good question to ask yourself when you're trying to figure out what your purpose in life is.

So I'm curious as to what your answer are. C'mon, give it some thought. You might get bored of playing video games 24/7 after a while;)

Hire a lot of hitmen.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd share my wealth and make sure to have enough to live comfortably and spend my time with my mates.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'd share my wealth and make sure to have enough to live comfortably and spend my time with my mates.

By sharing unlimited wealth, you are making it worthless.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I'd build Xanatos Tower, and open a comic store/coffee shop.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hah, I think it is awesome that some people read unlimited time and money as not having to work, and some people read it as immortality.   :p

Well you hardly have unlimited time if you're still bound by worldly concerns like mortality.

• Like 3

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Make sure everyone has access to food, water, shelter, and tech then ride off into the sunset.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Slowly move mankind towards a post materiel / cornucopian society. Where people can have micro breweries, animals shelters, Intelligence agencies or whatever makes them happy. Then explore the universe for the remainder of eternity.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Hire a professional DM (since I always get stuck with the job) and a team to help me write and develop a pen and paper RPG. Make a cRPG with the system that's everything I've always wanted in a game. Market it to the point that deep, turn-based RPGs are more popular than Call of Duty/FPS in general are now.

Here's a list:

1) I'd have a new Infinity Engine game that takes place in Calimshan made for me. 

2) Freely give resources to whomever wanted them on the basis that they do not use said resources to harm others.

3) Make a gigantic spaceship operated by robots that I command.

4) General decadence; sex, buffets, ect.

5) Find some way to make my cat immortal. Namu must live for all time!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I would start to complain about poor people. Something along the lines of "they could have all the same things I have if they only applied themselves". Pfft. Poor people, such lazy bastards.

• Like 3

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I would finally be able to implement my Utopian version of SJ, Capitalist governments that would make the world  a much better place overall

Yes there would be increased moderation and censorship but it wouldn't be inordinate. I would have a global system where if a certain government is irredeemably corrupt or abuses its people then yes they get removed and replaced by someone who actually understands good governance. This new person should ideally come from within the country 

So yes in my world I would have removed the governments of places like Syria, Sudan, North Korea and  Zimbabwe ages ago. But of course this is not done without consideration around improvements they need to make

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes there would be increased moderation and censorship but it wouldn't be inordinate. I would have a global system where if a certain government is irredeemably corrupt or abuses its people then yes they get removed and replaced by someone who actually understands good governance. This new person should ideally come from within the country 

Well that is, of course, predicated on the idea that you know better than anyone what good governance is, which is where things start to get iffy.

Of course, with unlimited time on your hand, there's nothing stopping you from figuring it out better than anyone ever did.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."