Cloaks out of place, no physics

Zedarr

Question

Description:
Cloaks, when put on, float in the air above the character model, and are unaffected by physics.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
Happens every time I try to put on a cloak. 
This is a new installation of the game on a fresh installation of Windows 8.1.
Game version is from GoG, latest (2.03).
I installed all the pending updates for Windows, reinstalled the Visual C++ redist, and nVidia Physx. Nothing changed.

I included the DxDiag file, the rest (save, output log, screenshot) are either too big to upload here or I don't have permission.
Please let me know if you need them, I'll need to make a Dropbox account.

DxDiag.txt

Sorry that this is a repost, but I didn't find a satisfactory answer in previous posts:

I have no cloak physics right now.  All cloaks stand straight up, and at the same height, no matter the character.  On my current character it looks like she's wearing a very long headband.  If my character is knocked down then the cloak stands up straight over her prone form, as if it had been soaked in a few pools worth of starch.

I have done the following:

Updated DirectX

Updated C++

Verified Integrity of game cache

Unistalled, and reinstalled

Ran game as administrator

Verified Cache again.

Searched the forums again.

Gave up, posted here.

I cannot upload the files as they are too big, and I am not authorized to upload .7zips, so I created a dorpbox, https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3NG0mtIzdGUSi16Z1pNUmRvOUU&usp=sharing

Thank you for your time, please let me know if you have any solutions to this issue!

Hello Amaranthine071,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us. As I mentioned before, I have already written up a bug where capes are not working properly for some Windows 10 users. It is still an open issue and being looked at. However, you have the option of trying out the new beta patch on Steam and see if 3.0 resolves the issue. You can find how out how to join the beta here.

I have merged your post to this thread as it is already being discussed. In the future, please do no make duplicate posts. 

Thanks a bunch! 

• Like 1

For those suffering a lack of Cloak Physics, are you running Windows 10 x64, or Windows 10 Insider Preview?

Hello, here is my configuration:

• ASUS TP500L i5 and geforce 840M, with drivers up to date and windows 10 x64
  • I play also on steam, with no mods or cheats (just added a few portraits).

One important point, already mentioned: During my first plays of the game, the issue was not present. It appeared suddenly after having load a saved game. Unfortunately, I can't say if there were any windows or asus updates at that moment (didn't check when it appeared and don't remember when it appeared).

Hope it can still help.

Edited by Oswin

Hello!

Finally this issue has been solved on my side by uninstalling all Visual C++ packages installed on my computer and reinstalling them from 2005 to 2015 (x86 and x64) in date order.

Athough they were already all installed, apparently I had some dlls missing, and got errors when laucing some apps (galaxy gog to name it). Uninstalling and reinstalling them solve missing dll issues for the app and cloaks physics in PoE.

Thanks for your support, 

Best regards.

Thank you! This is what finally solved this for me too. 

Thank you for taking the time to go back here and write what solved it for you.

(By the way, downloading all the packages from microsofts page was a pain. But it was worth it).

This page helped me: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003 with all the packs except 2015 (se below)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49984

• Like 1

Hello.

Alright Im back on the subject, thanks for the invite here by the way Aarik.
I just uninstaled all the c++ 's. Just curious, is there any way to get rid off any files that were maybe left after uninstaling the redidtributables?

Im asking because I want to be sure and start playing again : ) I resterted Windows and used Ashampoo WinOptimizer to clear anything but is it enough?

Hello.

Alright Im back on the subject, thanks for the invite here by the way Aarik.

I just uninstaled all the c++ 's. Just curious, is there any way to get rid off any files that were maybe left after uninstaling the redidtributables?

Im asking because I want to be sure and start playing again : ) I resterted Windows and used Ashampoo WinOptimizer to clear anything but is it enough?

Hey cwi87, 

That should be enough, but if you want to check the registry manually, you can find out how to do it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310516

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with the same issue here - after reinstalling all C++ packages cloak bug still remains.

Moreover I've reinstalled PoE and installed with once more 3 days ago, when the second part of White March became available, unfortunately even now 3.0 version is affected by this glitch.

Does some of you have any other ideas how to fix it? Really want to play the entire story once more with the whole expansion set, but those floating cloaks are truly irritating.

Use a Mac or Linux instead, there's a long standing problem with the cloaks library so their display is completely disabled and you don't suffer from misplaced garments ;)

Sorry, not a very helpful suggestion but having seen how good some of the cloaks look in screenshots I needed a minor rant  :blush:

This error is caused by an incorrect version of Microsoft Visual C ++. I have earned with the assembly of Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005-2008-2010-2012-2013-2017 Redistributable Package x86 & x64
http://forum.oszone.net/thread-145766.html
I installed all the packages except 2012. The 2012 package caused an error when starting the game.

In general, in games from obsidian, it's better to play 10-15 years after release, God grant them health and creative insights. :)