I routinely delete old saves and jumped into the Pit...

I can't get back out now and no older save games (my computer bogs down when there are too many saves). 

Am I screwed?  If I am, this is the most ridiculous situation I have ever seen and is going to make me rage quit.  I just bought the White March too, hoping to play it with my fully leveled characters.

On top of not being able to get out of the pit without ending the game, I can't even access the DLC!!! that is absolutely the most stupid thing I have ever seen.  They should never let you delete that old save file if this is the case.

Please someone tell me there is a workaround for this.

Console commands can put you anywhere. But they will nullify your steam achievements for that playthrough.

Google "Pillars console". You should find the correct commmands quickly.

By the way: the game will automatically do a seperate autosave before you jump into the pit in order to protect people from being stuck there. That's enough safety for most people I think.

What would you think if somebody cut his safety belt in his car and then - after an accident and a bloody nose - blames the car company because the belt was so easy to cut?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

As Boeroer says, the game specifically makes that autosave to let you play and look around - whether because of the xpack or otherwise. If you've deleted it, you can use console commands to teleport to an outside area, and play the xpack with no problems.

this is the most ridiculous situation I have ever seen

Ahem. The game warns you that jumping into the pit is a point-of-no-return.

Points-of-no-return are a staple of the RPG genre, and not ridiculous at all IMO.

I routinely delete old saves [...]

(my computer bogs down when there are too many saves)

Deleting old manual savegames makes sense.

But why would you delete the special pre-endgame autosave that Boeroer mentioned?

I think you have only your own negligence to blame here... :p

• Like 5

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I can't get back out now and no older save games (my computer bogs down when there are too many saves). 

Am I screwed?  If I am, this is the most ridiculous situation I have ever seen and is going to make me rage quit.  I just bought the White March too, hoping to play it with my fully leveled characters.

On top of not being able to get out of the pit without ending the game, I can't even access the DLC!!! that is absolutely the most stupid thing I have ever seen.  They should never let you delete that old save file if this is the case.

Well were you wearing the Official Obsidian issued Helicopter Propelled Anti-File Deletion Safety Helmet?? It comes special order (for free) if you Register your game with Obsidian and add additional comments of, "I am prone to deleting critical files." If you wear this cap while playing PoE, any time you're about to delete a Save Game file at a Critical Moment, an OBS Agent can remote-activate the propellers which will promptly lift you in flight away from your mouse n keyboard.

If you don't end up rage-quitting and instead use the Console commands provided by other more prestigious users, then I strongly recommend ordering your Safety Helmet today, while supplies last!

Edited by Zenbane
  • Like 2

Somehow this thread is the most depressing read I've had all year. Invasions and massacres in the news be damned, but someone intentionally deletes his saves and then blames the devs for.... allowing him to delete said saves.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light